• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Restarting questions

Acnl_starfall

Acnl addict
Bells
October Birthstone (Opal)
Red Cosmos
Tasty Cake
this is for people who have questions about restarting. when I restarted my town I looked up these questions and there were no answer..... so I'm gonna ask the questions I looked up to help people:

1. what is a good day of the week to restart your town (E .G Monday, Friday)

2. what time of day should you restart your town (E.G 12pm 8am)

3. What if you never have time to play

4. what are good characteristics a town map should have

theres more but I forget them :(

I'll post them later if I remember.

if you have questions put them down below

thank you and please answer!!!!!!:p

There are no right or wrong answers. The best day/time to start is when you have the time to play. A new game is going to take a bit of time because you have to choose a map, go through all of the tutorial stuff and meet the villagers. We all have different ideas of what a good map is. Some like private beaches, some like only one pond, some like a south-facing waterfall, etc. The best thing to do is carefully study the maps and choose the one that appeals to you. If you never have time to play, why start the game?

Last edited:
For questions 1 &2 , there is never really a 'good' day to restart on. But I would'nt restart past the time times the shops close. (Like after the time retail and nooklings close whenever that is) If you have never have time to play, then try getting into time traveling. I personally don't like it but it can make the most out of the time you do have. And for question 4, That depends on what you want your town to be like. Things such as a centered town square are favorable to most but if you don't want it, you don't have to have that. This is a game where personalization is the game. So think about what you want first, maybe write them down, and then you know what to look for.

Last edited:
1. day of the week has no influence on your game.
2. daytime is best so you can use the shops as much as possible once you arrive.
3. if you never have time to play well then don't play it, find a game that does not have such time constraints
4. try to aim for one or two ponds, more than 2 and your town will look crowded and horrible, I am lucky to only have one

4. try to aim for one or two ponds, more than 2 and your town will look crowded and horrible, I am lucky to only have one

As I said before, the layout is all about personal preference. I have 3 ponds in Pripyat and 4 in my other town. I love my towns very much. Since I don't like a lot of PWPs (I feel too many look junky), the ponds help fill up some of the "empty space." Please don't assume my town looks horrible.

As I said before, the layout is all about personal preference. I have 3 ponds in Pripyat and 4 in my other town. I love my towns very much. Since I don't like a lot of PWPs (I feel too many look junky), the ponds help fill up some of the "empty space." Please don't assume my town looks horrible.

I have seen dream towns with multiple ponds 4+ that look amazing. It's all about paths and what you do with it.

Honestly, I have reset dozens of times since March. I have learned so much about what *I* personally like in a town. Rumble (my current main town - DA in sig) isn't my absolute favorite map...but it has grown on me. I wanted oranges in this town. I thought I wanted a straight river, but I have found this river is "too straight".

I have had dozens of towns - some I have kept for an hour, a day, even a week before I reset. it keeps getting better every time.

Just reset. Try it. See who your starter villagers are. Go with it. Don't like it? Maybe try to find someone here on the boards to hold your bells and a few items and then reset again.

Make it fun. Good luck!!

3. if you never have time to play well then don't play it, find a game that does not have such time constraints

I know that most people love this game and don't want to stop playing it. I am in school and find it hard to play but I play it at night. You just can't say play a different game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Another queston my sister asked

Let's say if you reset on a holiday like Halloween is that weird or should I reset on a different day

apologies I didn't mean your town would look horrible but I PERSONALLY feel a certain number of ponds in a layout just make a town feel a bit claustrophobic lol

I feel like the other questions have been answered pretty well, but I can tell you something that might be able to help you out a bit. If you don't have time to play, you have a few different options.

1. Be comfortable with time travelling. With school, work, vacation, personal things, etc. coming up, it may be hard to play every day. If you keep track of the time you last played (game notes on your 3DS come in handy for this), you can just keep time travelling back to that day and going by each day that you actually have time to play. Even if you don't keep track or forget or whatever, you can time travel back to a date you know for sure that you played.
2. Not time travel, and let it go day by day regardless of who moves out. This is for if you don't have dreamies you want to keep in your town. If you do this, you should probably set the Beautiful Town ordinance if you want to keep the weeds down and the flowers looking nice.
3. Set the early bird/night owl ordinance. That way you can play early in the morning before you go out for the day, or play at night when you get home and everyone will still be awake and stores will be open later/early depending on what you choose to accommodate.

I've restarted now about 5 times. Each time, I found "something" I didn't like about my town at some point. I just reset my mom's town and I LOVE her town, almost more than I love mine xD
Very few rocks, few ponds, Plaza is centered and everything looks very neat on the map. It's gonna look great.

Anyways, take your time selecting a map. Pick one you're absolutely 200% happy with. Don't save a lot of your items. I know it's hard. I had over 400 hybrids in my town, it made me sad not taking it all with me to my new town xD
Just remember that items can be obtained again! Anything you did before, can be done again.
Like previously said, there's no right/wrong answer here. There's no "better" time to reset. Just make sure you do it when you have free time. So if you've got the weekend off, starting Friday(night) is prob best. I made that mistake while resetting my mom's town for her. I completely forgot that I have work tomorrow, so today I had to rush finding her villagers and ended up ****ing up on a TT, and now Tammy has moved in and it's in the most terrible place.

1. On a day that has no event.
2. Morning is the best so you have time to pay your house off :blush:
3. You don't need to do much but talk to your villagers, buy from the shops, dig fossils, etc.
4. Fruit
South Facing Waterfall
Town hall directly at the top of the plaza
A lot of space
Grass shape
Town hall roof colour
Train station roof colour

Back