• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Renn's Fingerpaint Art! 👉👈

i was literally just looking at your avatar in another thread and thinking, “damn, that’s so gorgeous” lol. your art is magnificent as always. 🤩💗
Omg you are the best and just taking the time to give such encouragement means so much to me 🥰😭 you are a gem @xara !

Why am I still scared to post?? As a non artist I don’t belong 😘

Honestly you are an amazing talent and you know how much I love your art. I don’t know how i could love an avatar more than my current one 🥰 but the sparkles? Oh wow if they could be added I would definitely commission 😍

Art trade with totoroki~ I am not quite satisfied with using the flat watercolor brush, so I will go back to using something that tapers better. Also, now that I look at it, her eyebrows are totally lost on the edge of those bangs, dang... XD

Art trade with totoroki~ I am not quite satisfied with using the flat watercolor brush, so I will go back to using something that tapers better. Also, now that I look at it, her eyebrows are totally lost on the edge of those bangs, dang... XD

You only get more and more amazing! These are incredible! 😍

An art trade with the foremost art god, Blompf... I mean @Blink. !

I don't even know what to do with the treasure she gifted me, it's so beautiful! TT_TT
No, you're right, I'm Blimp.

LIAN MY LOB. TY FOR THE ART TRADE QUEEN. so patient, so kind, even held my beer 🤧 💙

I missed WIP Wednesday, but I'm trying as hard as I can to enter this fanart contest, because I just looooove this webtoon (maybe more the authors than the story itself). There is a particular image of the main character on the right wearing this ridiculous laced shirt
1646967908227.png

and I immediately thought to myself: PIRATE AU! Anyway, it would be fantastic if I place in the top 20, but I'm just happy to get some fanart done for myself, since I never make time to do fanart or develop my own characters.

My goal last year was to improve lineart (which I may be dumping anyway); my goal this year is to find a style of eyes or faces I like to use routinely, and to learn how to color. Tis a struggle. 😭

EDIT: here is the final piece and speedpaint, for anyone interested:

Last edited:

I missed WIP Wednesday, but I'm trying as hard as I can to enter this fanart contest, because I just looooove this webtoon (maybe more the authors than the story itself). There is a particular image of the main character on the right wearing this ridiculous laced shirt
View attachment 433303

and I immediately thought to myself: PIRATE AU! Anyway, it would be fantastic if I place in the top 20, but I'm just happy to get some fanart done for myself, since I never make time to do fanart or develop my own characters.

My goal last year was to improve lineart (which I may be dumping anyway); my goal this year is to find a style of eyes or faces I like to use routinely, and to learn how to color. Tis a struggle. 😭

EDIT: here is the final piece and speedpaint, for anyone interested:
Ah this looks fantastic! 🤩 I hope you won that contest! Your art is chef’s kiss ☺️. So happy to see some new pieces you’ve done.

The one you drew for Totoroki is so adorable too! Love the expressions and the bunny ☺️.

0 - Grisfeast Challenge.png

I made it through half of Grisfeast (food themed daily art challenge) in April, then got derailed and burnt out by a certain annual ovum search...
But I'm actually pretty happy with the ideas that came out of my mind! Click for big versions.

View attachment 439029
I made it through half of Grisfeast (food themed daily art challenge) in April, then got derailed and burnt out by a certain annual ovum search...
But I'm actually pretty happy with the ideas that came out of my mind! Click for big versions.

renn, these are genuinely amazing omg?? your ideas and creativity never fails to astound me. i’m absolutely obsessed with the ramen hair and french fry pieces; they’re so creative!! 🤩

renn, these are genuinely amazing omg?? your ideas and creativity never fails to astound me. i’m absolutely obsessed with the ramen hair and french fry pieces; they’re so creative!! 🤩

I agree with @xara! Your imagination is so incredible! 🤩
I love y'all. Just seeing you around dropping positive energy is so endearing.
You know, I don't make art for the instagram likes or anything, but just looking at the numbers, the most likes went to that Pineberry sultry girl. More than the French Fry Meme! It just goes to show that pretty girls gets more views than memes... XD

I just can’t believe how beautiful your artwork is Renn! So much improvement since you first began your art journey and I adore every piece you’ve made. Is there anything you can’t do?!? Hehe. Keep up the good work ❤️

I've finished all the art prompts for the 2022 TBT Enchanted Forest Fair! Here's a summary of everything I've submitted. There was a lot to work on this round... but I had a great time and learned my way around some of my tools better.

I hope everyone else enjoyed the challenges also. Let's hope we get some staff nominations for a few more tickets, yeah? Hahhaaahahahha....

Ethereal Ensemble PFP and Signature:

Behind the Bookcase Spell Pages:

Forest of the Lustrous Coloring Pages:

Hidden Hideaways "doorway":

My iPad was commandeered tonight, so I tried out my computer tablet and CSP again... the results were better than expected!

1663393833507.png

In case you are unfamiliar with Sailor Mercury and her awesome visor, here's a reference:
1663393966192.png

Things I need to map to my shortcut keys:
eraser
transform (rotate and flip)
canvas rotate
I had no idea where these things were and I eventually figured out the keyboard shortcuts for the first two, but dang...

I'm thinking of opening up freebie slots so I can practice using CSP. My iPad and ProCreate are nice, but I don't always have access, lol. And I usually draw at my computer desk anyway so I can look up references on my screens / play youtube tutorials or music.

I finished an action-y piece for Lynnatchii that pushed my anatomy skills... still gotta work on it /sigh

But I like the colors!
Something that the coloring pages did for me from the Fair: it made me realize some of my coloring errors and some of my poor color choices in many of my old artworks. I'm not a huge fan of pastels, necessarily, but I need to vary my colors LESS, not more; choosing a specific scheme and sticking to a theme instead of going super rainbow...

Also, I'm excited about a game (Potion Permit) coming out tomorrow, and had some last minute ideas for drawing characters each day as part of a countdown...

OK, I promise to stop spamming my side fan art, but I'm really enjoying Potion Permit (a game similar to Stardew Valley). Here is my chemist character from the game:

I had to ask for help on how to fix the colors, because they are over saturated... I will get better at this!
Now just waiting for commissions and the fair results. /whistles

OK, I promise to stop spamming my side fan art, but I'm really enjoying Potion Permit (a game similar to Stardew Valley). Here is my chemist character from the game:

I had to ask for help on how to fix the colors, because they are over saturated... I will get better at this!
Now just waiting for commissions and the fair results. /whistles
HOLD UP!!! This is absolutely stunning Renn! I haven’t had a browse through your art thread in a hot minute, so my socks? Knocked clean off my feet. My jaw? Unhinged. Your art has evolved so much! You are incredible! And most of all I admire your unwavering creativity. Somehow you always pull a new ace out of NOWHERE queen and you always have me thinking „wait… that’s such a great idea 🤯”! Gimme some of that! I can only pray to be half as creative and innovative as you are one day.

Last edited:
Back