• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Rare sunrises and sunsets

Jeongguk

ジョングク
Bells
Switch
8007-0552-7911
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Isabelle
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Has anyone been around to witness when they get ?rare? sunrises and sunsets in the game? I think the most common are the full purple sky for sunrise and red/orange sky for sunset. I?m currently having a rare sunset! I prefer the sunrise, but I rarely play the game at that time.

Which do you prefer of the two?

2938BC62-7654-4EC4-8F3B-54F6028DB3F2.jpg
2ACC3FAE-A3CE-438F-8E9C-3F4CC32EC379.jpg

For reference! I got these from google, but I?m having the second one currently!

Had no idea this was a thing! The sunrise looks ridiculously lovely!
Wouldn't it be neat if every town had a different sunrise/sunset style for the next game?

Yes! I love the idea of towns having different ones. It could really make dream addresses unique and I think it would get people to play at times of day we usually don’t. If not different ones per town layout, maybe even just make a lot of different ones so they’re never limited to the all orange or all purple!

Ah, I love these, especially the sunrise but the sunset is just as beautiful! I had my dream town set to the orange sunset for a while!

Does anyone here have any idea/data on *when* these sunrises/sunsets occur exactly? While I think the exact dates vary from town to town, I'm pretty sure they're all still tied to specific months, at least that's what I have noticed in my own game and by watching New Leaf lets plays of others. When I time traveled to find the orange sunset for my dream town (though I currently have the dream town saved at a different date again) I found it in both march of 2017 and march of 2018 - if I remember correctly that is.

Last edited:
I really think these are random from whenever! I’ve been cycling in my town so I’m on November 23rd for this rare sunset. It’s possible they could be around season changes? I looked into it and saw someone say these seemed to occur when weather was about to change and snow flurries are supposed to start soon, so maybe it’s around the end of seasons!

i never new these were a thing! they look pretty cool though. i think ive had the second one but i cant really remember ;w;''

I think I never had that sunrise purple sky, since I don't play so often early in the morning.
But wow, it looks beautiful! As for the sunset orange sky, I had this one a few times and I
really like, it gives the town such a cosy atmosphere.

i'm not sure i've ever seen these, but i'm not surprised. this game is so amazingly beautiful. i love seeing pretty skies like these reflected in the water too

I love the purple sunrise. Unfortunately, I'll never see it in game. I am not a morning person.

MucUXh7.jpg
XhPPhl9.jpg

PgrpAOO.jpg

NAIG52h.jpg

xR7jJ1a.jpg

i4ab5Vk.jpg
Here's a few orange sunsets and purple sunrises that I've had in my towns.All of the purple sunrises I've seen have occurred from mid-March to early April.All of the orange sunsets I've posted here have happened between June and September.However,in other threads on this subject some players have said that the rare sunsets/sunrises are random and can happen at any time of the year.I think this might be one of those Animal Crossing mysteries....the AC Wiki doesn't even mention anything about them.

I've seen this a few times! .... so beautiful! I love them both. I hope we see more 'rare' skybox types in the future. Of course with the devs being in japan they're going to base these things on what they experience there, but here where I live in the winter time you often have this absurdly blue type lighting. Not like, a bright skys blue, but like an ultramarine shade is cast on everything. It's very cool. These types of lighting may be hard to create in the game though.

We also have purple sunsets sometimes, but pink is more common. The rare sunset in the game also happens irl here sometimes.

View attachment 220511
View attachment 220512

View attachment 220513

View attachment 220514

View attachment 220515

View attachment 220516
Here's a few orange sunsets and purple sunrises that I've had in my towns.All of the purple sunrises I've seen have occurred from mid-March to early April.All of the orange sunsets I've posted here have happened between June and September.However,in other threads on this subject some players have said that the rare sunsets/sunrises are random and can happen at any time of the year.I think this might be one of those Animal Crossing mysteries....the AC Wiki doesn't even mention anything about them.

Agree with Nunna that I also get the most orange sunsets during the summer months and they are my favorite! However, I do recall once having one in the fall. I remember it because it was in my town with all orange starts and they were in bloom and the trees were orange as well. So it was one of those perfect moments in the game that remind you why you play and how much you love to play. Why I didn't Dream Town it at that moment simply means I am a moron of epic proportions, lol.

I think once I finish building my town up, I'll start sunset/sunrise hunting. I'm a time traveler, so I don't mind looking for them that way. I did it with clouds once, and now that I know about these pretty colors, I'll do it for the sun!

I've seen both! I've mostly seen the sunset since I'm not a morning person whatsoever, but I've seen dream towns set during the purple sunrise and it's beautiful!

i've had my town over a year, and only seen the orange one once or twice. it's so pretty and i love it so much aaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh yeah, for a while last year I was actually trying to build a snowy winter town based on an orange sunset (TTing made me realise it was always there on a specific day of the month). That golden-orange sky looks sooooo pretty against the white snow.

Though I don't play much with the game on dawn-time to realise there was even anything peculiar about the first pic lol

I have had a few orange sunsets, though I have never experienced a purple sunrise. Mostly because I'm never awake during sunrise. I like them both, and eventually plan on saving a dream town during sunset. I like the idea of having certain skies for different towns. Perhaps your sky could depend on your town rating. The worst towns would often have polluted looking skies, while perfect towns would look a lot cleaner.

This is unrelated to sunrise/set, but one time I was in a particularly intense thunderstorm where the sky turned an eerie green for a while. I think a green sky could look really nice in the Animal Crossing world, and it would randomly occur during thunderstorms.

I love it when it looks half light blue, half pinkish purple among some light clouds. Too lazy to post pics now but probably most people here already knows what I mean. It's not really rare I guess but either way, it's the prettiest in my opinion

View attachment 220511
View attachment 220512

View attachment 220513

View attachment 220514

View attachment 220515

View attachment 220516

I love the sunrise! The way the ocean looks pink. It?s so beautiful. The mysterious sunsets will forever be unexplained. I wonder how long it took people to find these in game? Surely not the quickest since some people haven?t ever seen these!

Back