• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

question: ... ... ... does anyone else never hold celebrations

toenuki

do the mario
Bells
i didnt even hold celebrations for the shops. i held like one for a bridge and that was it. i kinda wish we could go back and do them again but worse case we have youtube (i always forget)

Now that I think about it, I never hold a single one since I started playing the game, oops. I don't know, I actually wanted to do some for the museum and the shops, however completely forgot about it at some point and just skip them.

I haven’t held one since I got museum upgrade? I skip bridges and inclines now. I did my first ones but ehhhh waste of time if it’s not a big upgrade or building!

I did them for the first few things, like the first bridge and I think the museum. But now I’m terraforming etc so I buy a bridge/incline every other day, I’ve forgotten to do the celebrations for a while now 🤣
I only plan on celebrating Brewster and his coffee shop if/when they add him in 😁

...I forgot you can do that...

I think I’ve held one celebration for the art wing opening and that’s it ._.

I do. I skipped one tho because I forgot that I built a bridge. I think it's really cute when everybody just standing out there together, I'm always getting a feeling that all island residents are a big family :'>
Plus I always snap a screenshot. A little memento, if you can call it this way.

I think I held a celebration for my first bridge but never did that again haha... That bridge has now been demolished as well :unsure:

There have been a couple times when I have forgotten to, but I try to do it if I can remember. It's nice to see all the villagers together!

i did to begin with but then i ended up demolishing and rebuilding all my bridges and inclines like twice and i wasn't gonna sit through that every single time. i still do them for new buildings and shop upgrades.

Last edited:
I think I did all the celebrations up until I started just redoing the bridges. I like to take screenshots of the celebrations to see how my island has changed with different villagers and such.

I always hold ceremonies for buildings as I think those are more important for my town. I do sometimes hold them for bridges and inclines too but only if I can be bothered.

I only did the main facilities (resident services, museum, shop, tailors, campsite, upgrades). I might have done one for the first bridge, but that's it. The bridges and inclines are not too important for me to commemorate. If we get new buildings eventually, I'll have ceremonies for those.

I held a ceremony for one or two things during my first few days of playing, then I kinda forgot to do ceremonies after that lol. I don't really regret not doing them though, because while they are fun the first time you build a bridge/incline on your island, they become a whole lot less fun by the time you've built your eighth.

I always forget them as well, but I really don't like them piling up when I want to get rid off that option in Nook's dialogue.

I've never held one.
When I first got the shops and museum I remember thinking "yeah I should probably hold one later" and just... never got around to it.

whoops

I've done most of mine! I only skipped 2 or 3 because I either forgot or I was TT...

edit: typo

I do every single one, and even take pictures for each, just to look back and to see how far I've progressed with my island :)

I did it at first because I thought you got nook miles from it, but then skipped because I'm too focused on terraforming - oh and also I have been waiting for all my dream villagers to come to my island to hold future celebrations haha

Yeah, I don't because my areas are rarely complete even a week after I put the bridge/incline up, so the ceremony expires. I tell myself I'll hold a ceremony to get a nice snap when the area is done, but then I just move on to some other area of my island and never finish it. -_-

Back