Question about exactly what a sprite is...

Jeremy

Not an actual piece of furniture.
Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Chomp Call
Smash Ball
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
For something to be a sprite, does it have to be used in an animation, or can it just be something small and simple?

sprite

A graphic image that can move within a larger graphic. Animation software that supports sprites enables the designer to develop independent animated images that can then be combined in a larger animation. Typically, each sprite has a set of rules that define how it moves and how it behaves if it bumps into another sprite or a static object.

Basically it is the small parts of a whole such as in my icon there is a recolored crono sprite that I then placed in the space-like backround. It is a pic that is then used in other pics but what they really are is what is above this paragraph.

you wanna know what a sprite is? It is actually very often missunderstood a sprites are graphics used in any videogame 3D or 2D
e.g.

THESE are sprites and THIS is a sprite

JJRamone2 said:
you wanna know what a sprite is? It is actually very often missunderstood a sprites are graphics used in any videogame 3D or 2D
e.g.

And where did you read this? The second one is a 3-D image, it's was made by a computer artist, it's not even in the game.

PikMino42 said:
JJRamone2 said:
e.g.

And where did you read this? The second one is a 3-D image, it's was made by a computer artist, it's not even in the game.
what I meant was if it was in the game it would be considerd a sprite. Any iages in games are sprites

JJRamone2 said:
PikMino42 said:
JJRamone2 said:
e.g.

what I meant was if it was in the game it would be considerd a sprite. Any iages in games are sprites
that wouldn't be a sprite either way.

JJRamone2 said:
PikMino42 said:
JJRamone2 said:
e.g.

No, a sprite (also known as a tile) aren't things that are 3-D, those are polygons, which are pre-programmed or automatically created by the game. Tiles are already in the game.

Back