PuffPals: Island Skies

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells

I came across this game. It’s in the middle of a Kickstarter campaign and won’t be releasing it for a while, but it looks like such a cozy game. It seemed to improve in the areas people were upset at with Animal Crossing.

The Kickstarter campaign ended on May 6th, but they’re partnered with Backerkit, a company that extends the life of a Kickstarter campaign after it has ended, so not all hope is lost!

This game looks amazing, in my opinion.

I've been following this! I really hope this game gets created because the potential is huge! Graphically it's beautiful and to me it looks like a better Animal Crossing. I'm very excited for this and will get it if it comes out and turns out to be good!

They were close to 2 mill the last time I saw. Also the company is based in California so its not the 6th yet for them.

either way i really hope it happens. It's a stunning game. It will have multiplayer and I love that the chibi characters you get to design will not be gender locked.

Last edited:
This is the first I’ve heard of PuffPals, and it’s adorable! Those residents are so cute… Bill the Duck, Blanche the chicken.

It looks like it’s received a lot of support, and the Kickstarter still has 36 hours to go! 😊 I’ve just had a look at the Kickstarter page and they’ve got an alpha testing category in their kickstarter for PC only, but the official release will be on PC, mobile, Mac and Switch. The expected release times are 2024 for early access and 2025 for the official release, so quite a while away (makes sense)!

Also, the Kickstarter has a mock up of a plush of a celestial dragon that you can buy, and it is so cute.

I actually came across this the other day! It looks so good!
I'll definitely wait for it to become available on the switch!

Certainly a neat looking game. In the end I ended up putting in for the music tier for the alpha access, early access release, and the digital soundtrack. I've got quite the wait ahead of me before any of that ends up becoming available, but from what I've seen the game and the company definitely looks very promising and seems like it will be worth the wait.

Oh I remember hearing about that game a little while ago! It looks soo cute! It looks like they 100% got all the funding they needed and more so I have high expectations for this game! I normally only play first party games and never really venture out into 3rd party but the 2 games I have played Stardew Valley, and Overcooked were REALLY fun so I hope that this game can become a new favorite of mine!!!! ITS SO FAR AWAY THOUGH 😓

I saw it mentioned on YouTube not that long ago. I hope it works out. The game looks like fun and it's something that will probably show up on Steam.
I look forward to learning more about thier game. I should check out thier Kickstarter and see what's written about or possibly planned. One thing I loved about animal crossing was the dream addresses. Since I almost always play games by myself, something like that helps with not feeling like I'm playing by myself fully.
But I really love what I see in this video. And I hope there are a variety of friends to choose to have live with you. An animal crossing like game is always welcomed.
And here's to hoping for bat villagers :D ! 🦇

I started following them on Twitter recently. they were able to reach $2.5 million which is great.

I'll definitely keep watching the development and see how it goes.

I’ve been following this for a while now, the support it’s received has been amazing. I hope it’s as adorable as it seems. The expectation for this game is only getting higher. It looks cute and i hope it lives up to the hype.

I’ve been following this for a while now, the support it’s received has been amazing. I hope it’s as adorable as it seems. The expectation for this game is only getting higher. It looks cute and i hope it lives up to the hype.
Mind if I ask how you first heard about it?

I'm bumping this because the alpha access copy (PC only) fo the game is planned to release this summer! (July-September). I'm legit super hyped for this game and I really hope it turns out to be a great one! I preordered the alpha version and can't wait to play it!

Animal Crossing has needed a competitor and I hope this game trumps it. Graphically it looks stunning and with a few lines of dialogue shown so far, it looks like the villagers there actually have personalities/are interesting to talk to. I want the developers to take as long as needed to make this game great.

Anyone else looking forward to this? I think it looks promising, though honestly, I still would prefer Animal Crossing had they did a better job with NH. I’ve been missing playing Animal Crossing but I’m still a bit salty and disappointed with how the final game ended up being.

The dialogue looks much better. I like the concept of running a shop. Also happy to see fishing and cooking. They seem to have a lot of interesting ideas.

Anyone else looking forward to this? I think it looks promising, though honestly, I still would prefer Animal Crossing had they did a better job with NH. I’ve been missing playing Animal Crossing but I’m still a bit salty and disappointed with how the final game ended up being.

The dialogue looks much better. I like the concept of running a shop. Also happy to see fishing and cooking. They seem to have a lot of interesting ideas.
OMG I did some research on it and this looks like something I definitely plan on picking up sometime. All the PuffPals are so adorable and the exploration aspect is what piqued my interest. Also, it’s coming to the Switch!

So yes, I’m absolutely looking forward to its release!!! I still like Animal Crossing though, and I will always enjoy the games. In fact, that’s one reason why I made an account here.

I actually backed this game when it was on backstarter~
Though didn't get the access to the alpha because at the time I didn't have a computer that could play it, so I backed the option for when it eventuallys comes to the switch~
Looks so adorable, I hope there;s a bit to explore in your own time.

Been PATIENTLY WAITING for this game for years now, but I didn't realize I could buy access to the Alpha on Mac? Might give that a go if possible 🤔 The game looks so cute and so does all the merch that they already have!

I stumbled upon the Kickstarter when it came out and pledged for the game, looking forward to when it finally releases. I didn't purchase alpha access because I don't really enjoy playing games as they're being made - I like a polished product. I feel like it takes the fun and surprise out of playing the full game for the first time (for me, anyways), so I'll continue to wait.

I have a few plushes from Fluffnest that I HIGHLY recommend. Very soft and cuddly.

Back