• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Project: Teaching Stream Sai // FIXED RECORDING + BRUSH SETTINGS UP !!!

Keitara

<span style="color:brown; ">&#9812
Bells
Red Cosmos
New Horizons Token
Heart Glow Wand
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
THE TEACHING STREAM WAS RECORDED! I forgot to record the first half of the "basics" lesson but everything else is on it!

TEACHING STREAM VIDEO ON YOUTUBE NOT AVAILABLE FOR US!(click me~)

TEACHING STREAM VIDEO ON YOUTUBE FIXED! AVAILABLE FOR US!(click me~)

my brush settings
right-click on an empty field in the tool box and choose the corresponding tool for each brush setting.
The "density" of my brushes is not always 100% the same. I make it higher or lower depending on how much color I want the brush to make.

WATERCOLOR BRUSH: for blending & blurring
uCftjVD.png

BRUSH: for painting (lineless). Hard brush
osum6dK.png

BRUSH: for very soft lining. I recommend using stabilizer S-3.
dq4jFVq.png

MARKER: for hair because of the slight "strings/lines" it creates along the color
obAKEiH.png

BRUSH: for painting (lineless). Soft brush
TdJ5r4j.png

AIR BRUSH: main brush for painting (lineless).
6Gouli4.png

WATERCOLOR BRUSH: for blending. I mainly use it for blending highlights in the eyes.
oFqqTQN.png

BRUSH: for lining. Same lining brush used from the pro artist YAMIO. Middle-soft brush. I recommend using stabilizer S-3
NMk8oiP.png

BRUSH: for painting hair (lineless). Brush which creates slight "strings/lines" along with the color.
gU43fgo.png

MARKER: for solid shading. Simple but good. Blends only a very little.
tf5Lpxn.png

PENCIL/PEN: for crisp lining. Was a default tool in my SAI version but apparently others do not have it. Works very good without help of stabilizer.
XksoL0S.png

Besides these, you should also always utilize an air brush.

Feel free to use my brush settings like you want, but it's better to find your own brushes to customize and stylize your artwork to your own needs.

UPDATES
- THE DATE FOR THE STREAMS WILL BE 5th January 2016 around 9:00 pm CET
- added new teaching lesson category: drawing without tablet/with vectors
- everyone will be pm'd about the date once I decided on it.
- if anybody tells me how to record a stream and how to add undertitles to it, I will upload the streams as a video on Youtube.

INTRODUCTION

First off I'll explain why I'm starting with this.

I think it's not a secret anymore that there is a general complaint by whomever that the artists of TBT seem to lack quality in their drawings. I personally do not agree with this, but for the sake of getting rid of this complaint I'm starting this project called teaching stream! I've been confronted with this complaint since a long time, as I see my friends and other people getting bashed on one after another. As a witness of this vicious circle, I am tired of this and I want to stop it entirely.

I can't stand that people are permanently getting bashed on for their art which people worked hard for. I can only repeat myself that art is not just about high quality. If you think it's just not your taste, well okay. But it's not okay that you start insulting, you're hurting the feelings of the artist!!!
Even when the artwork doesn't look good in the end, did you ever think about the fact that the artist maybe tried a lot and spend many hours on it but still failed in the end? It's okay to fail! Through failures humans learn and become better. I don't want anyone trampling on someone's hard efforts!

Furthermore, art and personal affairs are 2 different things. If person xy is an One Piece die-hard-fan like I am myself, I won't get this fact mixed up with this person's art.

That being said, I will always support any artist out there as long as you try and have the willpower and I am very willing to help anyone with what I can no matter how "bad" this person otherwise may be.
This forum is important to me and I want all people to feel comfortable here :'>

TEACHING STREAM

So for the sake of helping people to improve and have a chance to get outta this vicious circle of bashing:
This teaching stream (for SAI only!) will feature lessons such as
(about anime & chibi art)
-basics
-tips and tricks
-color schemes
-base coloring
- easy & advanced cel-shading
- effects
-placing shadows
-basic backgrounds
- anatomy
- lining
- NEW: drawing without tablet/with vectors

I want it to be interactive, which means I explain and show you how to do it while you are able to watch me and ask questions, and after that we will switch so that I watch you drawing and trying the just learned things out, so that I can see if you understood and use it the right way and correct you if needed.
So please make sure that you can use join.me or a different streaming device (free on the Internet) and have enough time for the whole stream and drawing yourself.

I would prefer it if only SERIOUSLY interested artists are participating, because such a process needs a lot of time and preparation on my side as I am serious about this and I'd rather focus on the ones who need it more ^^ unfortunately I don't have endless time ;-;

if there are any other topics you would like to hear something about other than the ones mentioned above, let me know and I'll look if I can do something, though there are topics I'm not that confident in myself yet, but I will try my best!^^

I'm nowhere near high quality or perfect or whatever too but I do think that I can help others. I'm willing to share all of what I've learned up till now.
I'm actually too shy and clumsy for such streaming projects but I know that even if I myself mess up here and there I do not need to feel ashamed as we're all still learning, right? ^^

If you're seriously interested in participating in the teaching stream for SAI (please read the descriptions about it first), please let me know and I'll start to set this up!

Feel free to voice any suggestions for this project! Everyone is welcomed if you are serious about your art! :D
I hope this is a good idea! I spent a lot of time thinking about this...^^

Last edited:
Wow this sounds awesome - thanks for doing this! (Well if you do xD)

I may be getting SAI soon eek

Last edited:
senpai why
if its filled with people i cant have ur art all to myself! *goes into yandere mode*

aghhh this sounds so cool!! lots of people could learn, esp bc ur art is really good ;7;

i want to join, but school and time and uggh

fml

aghhh this sounds so cool!! lots of people could learn, esp bc ur art is really good ;7;

i want to join, but school and time and uggh
my inner self would say... ABANDON SCHOOL, ART IS LIFE. But that's no good after all ;-;
Thank you! I'm glad you like the idea :) Did you actually ever see the art piece for the trade I made for you? I commented the link to you on your dA profile but I never got any reaction from you I think ; o ;

senpai why
if its filled with people i cant have ur art all to myself! *goes into yandere mode*

ssshh you get extra lessons from me :D

Last edited:
This does sound like a great idea, but sadly I don't have SAI. :( Could any of the stuff in the streams be used for traditional drawings?

This does sound like a great idea, but sadly I don't have SAI. :( Could any of the stuff in the streams be used for traditional drawings?

sai can easily be found for free in the Internet
I'm glad you like the idea! :D I'm afraid, no... probably only placing shadows and if I do it, proportions/anatomy :c
Oh I should probably add that these drawing lessons are mostly about anime art ; o ;

I'm glad you like the idea! :D I'm afraid, no... probably only placing shadows and if I do it, proportions/anatomy :c
Oh I should probably add that these drawing lessons are mostly about anime art ; o ;

When will these beeeee?

Oh, OK. I haven't got a computer/laptop to use it on either ;-;

I'd be interested but... I can't afford Sai (i believe it's the expensive program...)

Edit:
Hm... Maybe i can find a free version? <:0 I really want to join

Last edited:
When will these beeeee?
I don't know yet ; o ;

Oh, OK. I haven't got a computer/laptop to use it on either ;-;
Oh I'm afraid that it won't help much then, I'm sorry
Oh this sounds cool! Will probably drop in for the coloring tutorials!
I'm glad you like the idea!! :D I actually planned to make it a whole packet ; o ; but I'm not sure yet?
This sounds amazing!
Thanks I'm glad you like it!! :D
Is there a mac version of SAI? :3
I don't think so but I'm not sure ; o ; maybe there are selfmade versions in the Internet?
I'd be interested but... I can't afford Sai (i believe it's the expensive program...)
Edit:
Hm... Maybe i can find a free version? <:0 I really want to join
if you want to be a bad girl with me, pm me and I'll send you the magic ^^

Last edited:
There's a Mac version but it doesn't have pressure sensitivity. It's free and can be found on dA

Back