• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Pokémon Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield General Discussion

The characters were already shown in different outfits for those worried abkut customization.

Personally I don't want the Pokemon boxes on the go to come back. I know its optional but it just seems to defeat the point of having only 6 pokemon on your team as you can swap out at any time.

Just another way that dumbs down the difficulty tbh

Did they bring the underground/mining feature back? Omg :3

Wait did you hear this somewhere or is it just a guess? I've been waiting for the underground to make a return since Gen 4 but I gave up on it because I figured they wanted it to be an exclusive feature to Sinnoh.

Wait did you hear this somewhere or is it just a guess? I've been waiting for the underground to make a return since Gen 4 but I gave up on it because I figured they wanted it to be an exclusive feature to Sinnoh.

It's just a guess based on the scene in the teaser trailer. I sure hope they brought it back!

I'm pretty excited! Always said that a main series Animal Crossing or Pokemon game would be the only things that could make me invest in a Switch, so I guess I'd better start saving. Also kinda funny that "galar" in Irish translates to sickness or disease. Fairly appropriate considering the relationship we've had with Britain over the years :p

I got curious and wondered how Scorbunny would look without that "band-aid" so I did my best to remove it...

weJ59qX.png

1vNFXba.png

The characters were already shown in different outfits for those worried abkut customization.

wait, where were they? since I don't remember this at all, and it's one of the things I was looking out for. outside of the stadium scene, which could've been entirely a thing just for it

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean I would still be amazed if they dropped customization now, but I just don't recall seeing any confirmation of it returning either

Last edited:
Do you know what else needs to be done? The Ice Type should have another resistance. Just resisting your own type while having three common weaknesses is bad.

Do you know what else needs to be done? The Ice Type should have another resistance. Just resisting your own type while having three common weaknesses is bad.

Definitely this. If they're going to make the majority of Ice-types slow and bulky, they should make sure the type isn't so terrible defensively.

Either that or try to make future Ice-types fast attackers, since Ice is a great offensive type. Since they seem to be going for a bit of a sports theme, perhaps a hockey player could be something to base a Pok?mon on.

ice types need a complete overhaul, if they want to stop being the complete laughingstock of mon typings, tbh

though on the subject of type effectiveness, I'm eternally amazed that poison isn't weak to fire

Last edited:
ice types need a complete overhaul, if they want to stop being the complete laughingstock of mon typings, tbh

though on the subject of type effectiveness, I'm eternally amazed that poison isn't weak to fire

Fire is already strong against 4 types, 5 seems like way too many.

I'm pretty excited for the new games. Not sure which version I'll choose. A couple things I hope they don't put into the games are: one of the new Pokemon evolves into it's final evolution through trade with a special item. I really dislike that feature a lot. Also, the second thing would be, if character customization IS back in the game, please don't make the colors "version exclusive." I dislike that feature too, but not as much as the first thing I mentioned. Other than that, I hope the new games are really great!

Soooo excited.
Scorbunny is adorable

Too bad the starters always end up looking ugly. Pls not another Litten situation.

Last edited:
Also, the second thing would be, if character customization IS back in the game, please don't make the colors "version exclusive."

the worst idea they ever had omg it took a lifetime to get the pink sunglasses in Moon through festival plaza

I feel like Pokemons after gen 4 started to look like too soft and similar. Or maybe I just don't like style as much. So I'm not very excited to see new Pokemons every time. I have skipped lots of games, but played Sun and liked it a lot.

I'm still not sure yet if I will buy this (Shield version ofc!) at some point. I hoped so much we would be able to rotate camera in this version and world would be a little bit more open though... Trailer looked cool anyway! I liked some wide landscapes, even it looked like we couldn't go explore.

I'm excited to see actual gameplay. :)

edit: also Sobble is super cute!

Last edited:
actually, a random thought just occurred to me.... wth would the shorthand for these games even be? ss is kinda already taken by soulsilver

I might choose the fire type as my starter but I might change my mind when I see their evolved forums.

I?m just not sure what version of the games to get yet.

I'm curious about the version exclusives and I hope we can catch every damn Pokemon in gen 8.
I sold my 3ds with my full national dex so I don't care about Pokebank.

Back