Place your random thoughts.

Lots of omelet potential
I vaguely remember the name of this program.
What year is this version?
I remember an old program in the 90s we used that we wrote up poems and made books with it but it had these pixel stamp like things in the program and we could make pictures using them or add borders. This was like 1st grade.. so like '97? I wonder if it was an older version of this.
Did it look anything like this?
kid-pix-studio-deluxe_7.png
kid-pix-studio-deluxe_5.png

I've played Kid Pix Deluxe, Kid Pix Deluxe 3, and Kid Pix Deluxe 4.
3 & 4 barely look different and are like what SkyKnight03 shared.
The screenshots I have just shared are what I remember Kid Pix Deluxe looking like.

Lots of omelet potential
I vaguely remember the name of this program.
What year is this version?
I remember an old program in the 90s we used that we wrote up poems and made books with it but it had these pixel stamp like things in the program and we could make pictures using them or add borders. This was like 1st grade.. so like '97? I wonder if it was an older version of this.

I was a 2000's child, so the photo is a version from what I remembered. (Found through Google). It's definitely a later one.

It felt like a fever dream. Took me a while to remember it was called Kid Pix.

Now that I got the okay to get a new switch, I need to decide which bundle if I want a bundle version. I’m leaning towards the animal crossing one since I like the idea of having a second island (even though my main one is not finished. If I didn’t have splatoon 3 already, I’d want that one since I like the colors Then there is Pokemon Scarlet/Violet. I miss playing Pokemon even if though I liked it better when it was still 2D. I’ve heard some people say they like it while others saying it is the worst they’ve played, and I heard about frame rate issues. not sure what to think.

Last edited:
"I'm going out with the handsomest boy in all of --------- tonight."

"The handsomest?"

"Yeah so don't wait up."

Exchange with my partner from 6:30AM this morning. Got to love waking up laughing.

Did it look anything like this?
View attachment 559402View attachment 559403
I've played Kid Pix Deluxe, Kid Pix Deluxe 3, and Kid Pix Deluxe 4.
3 & 4 barely look different and are like what SkyKnight03 shared.
The screenshots I have just shared are what I remember Kid Pix Deluxe looking like.
I'm unsure. It definitely wasn't the one with a green background. But I remember a brown dog with a spot on its back and I want to say it had a red collar and a yellow house and a brown horse with its front feet in the air as some of the pixel stamps. We had the ability to place just one and make its size really big if we wanted. I can't imagine there being too many programs in the 90s that had pixel stamp things and also being able to type and being able to place a border on the paper all at the same time. It must be some sort of version of kid pix unless Microsoft word back then had these things.

If Donkey Kong 64 gets an HD remaster on the Switch, but still no NSO addition, I would still be satisfied. But let’s see how the next Nintendo Direct holds.

Personally, I would prefer an HD remake of DK64 to a NSO addition because of the faults in the original game. For instance, you have to play both arcade games (one of them being a boosted difficulty of the DK arcade game twice) to get the final boss key, only to face a much tougher boss. If they drop the arcade games, made the final boss key simply require 15 banana medals, and made dying in K.Rool’s boss battle a round loss than a total loss, then that would be a huge improvement.

Last edited:
I hate the switch online service. I'd rather just have the library on virtual console so I can pick out what I want, instead of waiting two years to be drip fed a specific game. Service idea likely being that you'll renew your subscription if they put a decent game around the month that most will be renewing.

This is the stuff that pushes me to emulate instead.

Usually, a story tends to have a moral, which is the life lesson the story tries to teach. However, the moral becomes null if any of the following is true:
  • The lesson was hypocritically taught in-story
  • The lesson was inconsistently applied
  • The lesson doesn’t logically follow
  • The characters save the day by violating the lesson
  • There are no resources for a character to learn the lesson
  • The situation in the story justifies violating the lesson in a real life setting
  • The writer lacks knowledge on the subject matter the lesson is based on
  • The lesson is based on an inaccuracy or bias
  • The writer teaches the lesson, but goes against it to make the story
  • The lesson was set up to be taught, only for the story to forget about it at the end

random ramble

the 'bully free zone' they promote at schools is basically just propaganda to impress parents and the general public.

I endured it for weeks from another kid. The teacher did nothing. Finally, I toppled him and got sent to a detention center. Got a whole speech on how 'violence isn't the answer'. yeah, well, neither is neglecting a victim.

same kid was also on my sports team and pretty chill there. but at school he was like a little demon from hell. (I wasn't scared of him...but I never wanted to hit him either). he never bothered me ever again.

bullying is garbage. still saw it happening all the time until I finally graduated high school. most schools do not care. they only care about propagating the idea that it's an important issue for them.

:x

I hate the switch online service. I'd rather just have the library on virtual console so I can pick out what I want, instead of waiting two years to be drip fed a specific game. Service idea likely being that you'll renew your subscription if they put a decent game around the month that most will be renewing.

This is the stuff that pushes me to emulate instead.
They keep on cherrypicking some of the most obscure titles to. Spanky's Quest? Who even has ever heard of that? Online is arguably worst than when it was on the 3ds/WiiU and we're paying for it. I would've rather had them release all the games right away on the Eshop to be bought like they had done previously. Like you said we're just waiting on if they get around to it. N64 just released two super obscure titles when there's several they could've picked. The $40+ membership gave them two obscure titles no one asked for meanwhile Japan is eating good. It's so stupid it almost feels like they're doing it on purpose.

They keep on cherrypicking some of the most obscure titles to. Spanky's Quest? Who even has ever heard of that? Online is arguably worst than when it was on the 3ds/WiiU and we're paying for it. I would've rather had them release all the games right away on the Eshop to be bought like they had done previously. Like you said we're just waiting on if they get around to it. N64 just released two super obscure titles when there's several they could've picked. The $40+ membership gave them two obscure titles no one asked for meanwhile Japan is eating good. It's so stupid it almost feels like they're doing it on purpose.

yeah, my point exactly :c I gave up on the N64 service. Why can't I pay a monthly alternative? Why is a full year payment the only option?

I payed the $50 on release so my younger cousin could play ocarina of time. Only to find out there was input delay. We played through it anyways.

my mediocre laptop could have ran it better. that's an indication something is seriously wrong with the service. I try not to emulate if a legal alternative is available.. but they make it pretty tough not to consider.

So… this is something I was thinking about earlier.

In Mario games, when you get a 1-up Mushroom, the 1-up gives you an additional Mario. So when you die, a new Mario/whatever character you’re using comes to replace the old one. That means that if you’re playing, say, Super Mario Sunshine or The Lost Levels, the Mario at the beginning of the game is probably not going to be the same person as the one at the end of the game. That can lead to some scary implications. The one I was thinking about is Super Mario Galaxy. When you die by being sucked out of the gravitational pull of the planet, that could mean that this Mario will forever be in orbit until something stops him. And if you’re playing a hard stage, like Sweet Sweet Galaxy or The Perfect Run, this will probably happen multiple times. That means there’s probably multiple Marios suffering the same fate Bender did in that one Futurama episode (except they don’t even get to be the God of a civilization). Forced to float around in space, forever.

Anyway, for something stupid, for some reason I noticed that the 1-up sound effect sounds like the My Little Pony theme song (don’t ask how I know how it sounds I don’t watch that show I’m not a brony).

As someone who was never suspended before, I wonder what does the site look like while you’re suspended. Is it just ordinary while you don’t have access to privileges, or are you just blocked from the forums?

This is not to ask about other users’ bans or warnings since this is none of my business, but it’s rather if the site looks different.

Back