• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Place your random thoughts.

So there are all these oleander aphids at the top of a milkweed plant… and this yellow ladybug staring at them. I bet it’s thinking “yum, breakfast buffet!” How perfect is it that the ladybug is yellow? Or maybe that’s how it got yellow?

Just like how different the first generation games are to the rest of the Pokémon franchise, the ninth generation has many differences that show how much it differs to the older Pokémon games. I know the early games had their share of weirdness that’s out of place compared to the rest (like real-world references, Special stat, different type effectiveness combinations), Scarlet/Violet are vastly different for these reasons:
  • The main antagonist is the professor (or the AI professor since the original professor is dead). The academy director and other faculty served the same role the professor did.
  • While the villain teams have been reduced to redeemable punks rather than irredeemable criminals in recent games, the villain team had a good motive everyone can agree on and were the most sympathetic.
  • The game is completely in 3D gameplay.
  • The Pokémon League is no longer the final mission of the main game. In fact, even becoming champion doesn’t finish the Victory Road chapter.
  • Speaking of which, there are three paths with their own plots/badges, opposed to what the previous games did.
  • The new electric rodent has an evolutionary family, breaking a trend starting Gen III.
  • You’re no longer forced into trainer battles.
  • Pokémon breeding is not done at nurseries.
It’s pretty interesting how long-running franchises have vastly different features or facts at the end compared to most of its run.

Random NPC in Zelda Oracle of Ages: Help name our baby!
Me: Wario.

(I was going to be even sillier and name him Pikachu but it was too long.)

animal crossing and stationary consoles do not work well imo. there’s only so many hours (or minutes) i can sit in front of the tv and play with my wii.

I think the perfect comfort food for me would be a grilled cheese sandwich made w/ pepper jack cheese and seeded rye bread, along w/ tomato basil soup that has a dash of Franks' Red Hot in it. Yeah, that would make my day!😋

I wonder why some people remove their entire posts on the What’s Bothering You thread after it’s been up for a few hours. I also want to know why some people put their vents into spoilers.

I wonder why some people remove their entire posts on the What’s Bothering You thread after it’s been up for a few hours. I also want to know why some people put their vents into spoilers.
Just writing things and letting it out is useful even if you don't intend to keep the post. That's why some people -snip- the content out when they quote. Yes, the post looks neater without a big block of quoted text but it's also a courtesy thing. If the person wants to delete the post later, they can without it sticking around in blocked quotes on someone else's post. I post in that thread and delete just because writing was helpful for me in that moment.

Almost any time I quote in that thread I will snip the content out, out of courtesy. Some people will mention that they don't want anyone to reply to their post and it's just venting and that is okay too. People are 99% of the time respectful of that and do not respond to the person asking for no replies. It's a venting thread.

Usually when posts are in a spoiler in that thread, it's also a courtesy thing. You can add a trigger or content warning to the post so the person knows the general contents of the post before clicking. For example, I like to add a content warning for mentions of homophobia or other sensitive topics. It's just a respectful thing to do.

Usually when posts are in a spoiler in that thread, it's also a courtesy thing. You can add a trigger or content warning to the post so the person knows the general contents of the post before clicking. For example, I like to add a content warning for mentions of homophobia or other sensitive topics. It's just a respectful thing to do.
I usually don’t have experiences that seem triggering to others, but if I do get into a situation that does seem triggering to others, I wouldn’t post in a spoiler because I don’t find it necessary. The rules only say not to complain about other members on the forum, intentionally provoke other members, break the Rules and Guidelines, or start an argument. I wouldn’t post unhidden triggering experiences to start fights. I treat all of my posts equally, and only use spoilers if the story is too long.

And yes, I don’t mind reading into experiences about bigotry, poor academic performances, bad parents, and others that most find to be triggering. For these experiences, I’m willing to listen to the person who’s venting so I can understand their side of the story. For instance, this year has been a very bad year for transphobia. If you’re facing any negative experiences with it, I’m willing to listen to the problem.

If Ron DeSantis becomes president, the world is absolutely ****ed and I would’ve lost any faith I had in humanity.
I normally vote Republican, but that Disney villain ain’t getting my vote. If he or Trump gets the nomination, I’m going third party next year.

Today’s GOP is divided, but one thing all conservatives can agree on is that they would like another president like Ronald Reagan. But neither Trump nor Desantis would be the second coming of Reagan. A better choice for someone like that is Liz Cheney, who they ousted for impeaching Trump. Well, they’re pretty much the party of Timothy McVeigh now, showing how dangerous they become.

FCF8ED20-50CE-4C19-8278-91626881D062.jpeg

my mii who has literally been left unchanged since 2009

What’s the worst month? It depends on the situation. For instance, in general, January or February is the worst month for those who don’t like the winter, but even for these guys, September is the worst month if we’re talking about 2001, or June is the worst month if we’re talking about 2022.

Back