• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Pete the mailbird is my least favorite character in ACNL.

Sonario648

Bells
Small Mailbox
Tasty Cake
This is ridiculous. For the past SIX days, Booker has only told me Pete should be out delivering the mail. WHY does he count as a special villager when he is your towns mailman? I haven't been able to get Saharah, Gracie, Katrina OR Redd because of this stupid mailman who almost never actually shows up in my town.

? i dont think Pete prevents anyone else from showing up. maybe other characters won't show during the two specific mail delivery times, but that would be it.

The only special visitors I'd think affect Katrina are Gulliver, Gracie and Redd. Seeing as Pete comes twice a day if he affected anything we would never have anybody else appear in the plaza

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and Saharah.
I've had her come and visit the most. I haven't had Katrina in about 2 weeks now and I don't have Gracie visiting anymore either. I'm having to go to other towns to get the fortunes told now.

Booker/Copper will always tell you what special villager is in town that day. Even when that villager is nowhere to be found like Pete or left after completing that villagers task like Gracie

Pete coming and nothing going on is basically the same, even though you can have a little chat with him if you happen to be playing by 5PM. Not that he says anything interesting, though.

TBH idk why they even made him a special villager if he can't do anything...

he reminds you to clear out your mailbox, and to bug the other players about it. and Nintendo likes having him be the guy to hand you special deliveries from Nintendo...

Pete's just like a filler space so that way there's not a special villager 24/7, it's kind of annoying but it makes sense so that way you're not getting everything in a month.

But Booker/Copper can also say he hasn't noticed anything. I would've preferred that to him talking about Pete

The only special visitors I'd think affect Katrina are Gulliver, Gracie and Redd. Seeing as Pete comes twice a day if he affected anything we would never have anybody else appear in the plaza

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and Saharah.
I've had her come and visit the most. I haven't had Katrina in about 2 weeks now and I don't have Gracie visiting anymore either. I'm having to go to other towns to get the fortunes told now.

Don't forget Phineas! He might also mention Katie, though I'm not sure.

Pete doesn't prevent any other special characters from appearing - it's just filler text. No idea why on earth we need telling he delivers the mail 09:00 and 17:00 weekdays at midnight on a Saturday, but hey.

I agree with everyone else. Pete only shows up twice a day at the same time the mail gets delivered. I actually think he's pretty funny to talk to. He knows all the gossip. Maybe he reads people's mail?

Tbh Pete doesn't do much, but I still feel like he should be a special character. It's mainly because what I believe that makes him special is his species, that you can't get as a normal villager in the game. So I think that's probably why the fact he's a special character still remains. I wish he had a bit more of a role, but I guess there's only so much you can include in an animal crossing game. I think maybe atleast showing him delievering animals letters or a mini-game of sorts for your mayor to deliver the letters would be a bit more active and fun atleast, but I guess maybe that could possibly be included in future instalments.

they should have added a feature where if you talk to Pete enough to befriend him, he'll offer to sell you the non-orderable stationary sets.

In my town where Gracie and Katrina have their shops in town, Pete shows up on two days every week, and Redd, Saharah, and Gulliver each show up once every week. Joan is the special visitor every Sunday obviously. So those special visitors take up 6 days of every week. The 7th day each week either has no special visitors at all or is taken up by a holiday or fishing / bug tourney. As far as I know, Katie, Phineas, and campers don't interfere with other special visitors and can appear on the same day as Pete, Redd, Saharah, Gulliver, and Joan. I think if Katrina and Gracie are still visiting your town, they can prevent one of the other special visitors from showing up during a week since there are not enough days in the week to accommodate every special visitor if there is a holiday or tournament during the week.

Last edited:
When Booker has nothing to report, he either says he hasn't noticed anything or he talks about Pete, the mailman. Pete isn't in the way of another special visitor. If Joan or Saharah are visiting that day, they'll be announced.

Back