• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

People who have had blood drawn... Help.

It's really not so bad, but what bothered me was, the lady that did it treated me as if I was someone afraid of it, and made the process take longer than it needed to, and she tried to pull psychological tactics on me, which ended up jarring me in the situation. Like, rather than try to distract me, I would have much preferred to go to a calm place mentally as she was doing it. Instead, she had me talking about a poster across the room and then stabbed me. I'm like HELLO!

It's really not so bad, but what bothered me was, the lady that did it treated me as if I was someone afraid of it, and made the process take longer than it needed to, and she tried to pull psychological tactics on me, which ended up jarring me in the situation. Like, rather than try to distract me, I would have much preferred to go to a calm place mentally as she was doing it. Instead, she had me talking about a poster across the room and then stabbed me. I'm like HELLO!

My soul would have left my body.

Another update. The purpose of this blood test was to find out the levels of various hormones of the reproductive system in my blood because I have not had a period since May. Every one has come back normal. We’re still waiting on my testosterone levels, though.

Another update. The purpose of this blood test was to find out the levels of various hormones of the reproductive system in my blood because I have not had a period since May. Every one has come back normal. We’re still waiting on my testosterone levels, though.
I haven’t had one since October 2017. You’re probably fine.

It's really not too bad. I have very hard-to-find veins and sometimes I get poked a lot, and that's less fun. But mostly it's nothing. I look away and I feel a tiny pinch, and then it's done. Easy and simple. I'm sorry you had a panic attack but I'm glad that it worked out eventually. Next time you need blood drawn, it might be useful to look away and focus on something in the room, like count the tiles on the floor or something like that. Any distraction will help with nerves, and it will be over very fast.

Just turn your head away from the needle and don't even think about looking at it. the less you move, the cleaner and faster it will be.

It may be due to stress, I also did not have a period for a large chunk of time and that was a big reason.

I am having blood drawn tomorrow, and I am scared. I hate needles. What is it like? How long does it take?

Hey there, I hope your blood taking wasn't too scary and that you got it taken relatively quickly. Imagine pinching your skin hard for a split second, that's what it's like, right? done in seconds, and it shouldn't bruise if the person was good enough. I get blood taken every 3 months for a health condition and I hate needles too. Sometimes I need to stop them if they don't get it the first try, and that's alright, it's to be expected for some people. I've had terrible, enraging experiences and I've had easy, no fuss experiences. It all depends on the person taking your blood to be completely honest.

Back