• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Path Sizes?

What Path Size is your favorite?

• One square

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Two square

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Three square

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Other (post!)

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
I think 2 square paths are the best looking, put for times when you need a little tiny path to get in between tight spaces or something without looking awkward, sometimes one square paths are useful :)
So I like and use both 2 and 1 square paths

The main paths in my town are two square, and I have winding paths (made of stepping stones) which are one square, through my campsite and around villagers houses. I'm trying to wear the grass down in this area so it doesn't matter when I run off sideways by accident!

I use only one square paths. They don't take up too much space and are easy to shift around if someone moves in.
I want my town to have a more natural, foresty look and one square winding paths work for that.
They are too narrow for running though so I walk around town.

2 square and then 1 square stream wrapping around my town and 1 square paths leading to homes/other minor buildings.

I use both 2 and 3 squares. :eek: Reason beause the bridges and houses are 2 or 3 squares wide.

Last edited:
I think 3-square looks the best when done properly! (and is a lot easier to run around in heh)

With that being said, it really varies with the path. I like large brick or plaza paths to be three square; trail paths have to be one square, stepping stones 1-2, small brick and mosaic 2.

One is useful. Two is ideal. Three is interesting. Four is a waste of space.

Diagonal paths should be forbidden.

Last edited:
I use two because I like running on paths and it can be tough staying on one without running over the flowers that line it. Three is too large for me, but because of my awkward rMp placement, there's a small area that it three.

I prefer two squares, but I also use one square when I have to build paths around objects or paths that lead to the entrance of a villager's house. By the way, I also committed the crime of using diagonal paths, but I don't even like them because I was kind of forced to use them. When I started my town I didn't pay attention to areas that could become problematic, I just placed my house and bridges where it seemed to be useful and badabang... Now I can't remove my bridges because there are houses in the way of them that prevent rebuilding. It's going to take a lot of patience to fix that. :(

Last edited:
I use only one square paths. They don't take up too much space and are easy to shift around if someone moves in.
I want my town to have a more natural, foresty look and one square winding paths work for that.
They are too narrow for running though so I walk around town.

Same. I like the way two sq looks, but for a forest town the best paths are always 1 sq.

I'm using two square paths, although the pattern pieces I'm using also make a nice three square path...just feel that's too wide though.

I have three squares because you can put arches along your path without them looking lopsided or asymetrical. C:

Last edited:
Yeah it bothers me that they made the Arch PWPs one square wide while the bridges are two squares wide.

Back