• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Path Sizes?

What Path Size is your favorite?

• One square

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Two square

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Three square

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Other (post!)

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

Kit

Doing my best!
Bells
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
I'm positive some people on here love the QR code paths, or even make paths themselfs
I have 3 square wide paths, but am considering switching to 2 square wide paths.
Of course, some people like 1 square paths, but that's not for me. One thing I personally hate is when I'm in a town and the path size is always changing, so I need help deciding on one.
Vote in the poll for your favorite (and post about it?) but also tell me which path size I should go for, 2 or 3?
Example of a two square path
image.jpg
Example of a three square path
image.jpg
(Both taken from my town)

(Sorry about the attachment, and one pic is upside down for some reason :p)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 148
I'm kind of stuck with this dilemma as well. My town is a mess when it comes to paths; the paths always alternate between 3 square wide paths and 2 square wide paths... I plan on switching everything to 2 square wide paths, though. Eventually.

I feel like if you have 2 square wide paths, you'll have more room to put PWPs and flowers/bushes. It's just enough room to walk on and it's a lot quicker to put down.

I prefer two square (that is how my path currently is in my town), as it is not too big and not too small. Go two square! :)

I like at least 2 bc it's easier to stay on the path, especially if you're running. As for two or three, I have two in my towns, but I think it depends on your style. Do you feel like with 3-wide you have enough space for all the houses/PWPs/gardens that you want? If so, and you like the three wide then it's fine. I also like the 2-wide bc that's how wide the bridges are so it flows nicer.

I voted 2 square! I think 3 square is a bit too much as I like to focus more on the things around the path, not the path itself. And I think 1 square is a bit too small to run around on and it's just.. Too small for me? :p

I'm thinking of going two square :). Three square does seem to be taking up a lot of space

2 squares looks better and is alot safer than 1 square if you have many hybrids.

2 tile paths are better and i like howw they fit nicely with bridges and such. 1 tiled paths are narroww and seem like theyd get crowwded vvery fast, as howw all my vvillagers wwalk in mainly one area of town. 3 tiles seem like a wwaste of space, although, puttin paths around things like the fountain or street lamps have provven a bit difficult.

I use 2 square. I can't really run on 1 square paths without managing to veer off into the flowers. 3 isn't bad, but if you have 3 square paths all around town, they really start to eat up a lot of space. I have one short 3 square path leading up to my town hall now. Sometimes I also do a 1 square ring around pwp.

One square, two square consumes too much space.
We are too fat for your town. If we pass each other on your road, one of us will have to get off the path to get around. If you have a visitor and you let them run on your paths, there is more risk of flower damage.

I use 2 square paths. I think they look the best. I do have some areas where 1 square paths were needed, usually because a villager plopped their house on part of a 2 square path. I do also have some 1 square paths going to out-of-the-way secret areas, so I feel like they are my own private spaces.
But 2 square paths really are the best.

I'm planning on having a 2 or 3 square wide path and any gaps not filled in with flowers/ pwps/ bushes will be a water qr

I use both one and two squares, but I also have a different path I use around the outside so it's actually 3-4 squares total.

2-square paths are great to use in general, since they're a happy medium and match the width of bridges. But it's not a bad idea to incorporate some 3-space or even 4-space wide paths in certain areas (like to important buildings or decorative display areas), and I think it can be nice to have 1-space wide paths to lead to villagers' homes or to little spaces in town (like say a picnic area or hot spring)

I change it based on the needs of the area. Most of my paths are 2 squares wide, but in the town hall/train station area I have wide areas of path and tile set down to give it a town center feeling. In some of the villager houses area and through my lit arches I have 1 square paths because that's what the areas require. I prefer mostly 2 squares wide, as 1 square is kinda hard to run along, it feels like you're always falling off the path, but like I said, 1 square works better for some areas.

Back