• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Paranormal experiences thread

We have these gumdrop candles for Christmas that we put on our tv stand. My mom was folding laundry near it and a candle flew off, hit the couch, and landed right side up. She saw it, but I was in the kitchen. Freaky stuff yo. I hate those candles now. Also, I see shadows sometimes, as I was turning into the hallway I saw one that looked like a person( wasn't looking straight ahead, I had my head turned to look at something on the ground). When I turned around I thought I was going to run into somebody so I had stopped so abruptly that I fell. There was nothing there.

When my mom was younger she was sitting on the bathroom sink/counter looking into the mirror doing something. She had fallen back, but something pushed her back up, saving her from a possible concussion or split open head. A lot of people don't believe in the paranormal, but I strongly do.

I live right on what used to be railroad tracks back in the late 1800's early 1900's. About 500 yards from where my house stands right now there was a fatal train wreck on April 20, 1905. The only fatality was the conductor, but every year on the 20th, the train goes down the tracks, trying to complete its run. I've seen it twice, but I hear it every year. There are no train tracks on the trail any more, it is now a nature preserve walking trail, but it still happens every year.

Tell if you hear it again in 2 days :)

So I was wandering around in an abandoned mill and snapped this photo in a tunnel.

ic9vjQP.jpg

That is truely an amazing photo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

All these stories are so interesting! I know almost for certain that there is at least one spirit that roams my house. At night, I heard doors closing and footsteps in the hallway even when no one is awake. At first, all of this scared me but now I'm actually kinda used to it. :blush: I just don't bother them and they don't bother me!

But I do know another interesting story. My friend's mother has had an amazing experience! So, when she was still very young, she moved into a new house with her family and began speaking of an imaginary friend, which is normal for children. But a few weeks after moving into the house, her parents heard from her neighbors that the son of the previous owners died in the house. The neighbors described the boy to them, and it was the same description that their daughter gave them when she was talking about her imaginary friend. According to my friend's mother, she said that when she reached age 10, her "imaginary friend" told her that he had go, and she never saw of him again.

I have no idea if this is true or not (according to her mom, it is), but it's really amazing!

This story reminds me of what my mum told me about when I was little (maybe about 2 or 3). Aparently at this old flat my auntie used to live in I used to talk to someone there. If anyone would ask who I'm talking to I would say I'm talking to this man that's my friend. Now I've never heard of kid's imginary friends being grownups but who knows. xD

So I'm upto the sixth page of this thread and I'm seriously spooked right now. I'm trying to finish all the pages :(

So I'm upto the sixth page of this thread and I'm seriously spooked right now. I'm trying to finish all the pages :(

Finish it. I am a heron. I pik fish out of river wif ma beak. If u dont finish dis thread i will com into ur kitchen late at nite and make a mess of ur pots n pans.

Last edited:
Finish it. I am a heron. I pik fish out of river wif ma beak. If u dont finish dis thread i will com into ur kitchen late at nite and make a mess of ur pots n pans.

P-p-p-p-pots and pans?!

I have a story. One time I read through 10 pages of a thread on this forum called The Bell Tree forums. All of the stories scared me then I had to go for a shower and I got really scared that I'd be in a room with a mirror by myself.

Yeah that was ages ago... not now.

Last edited:
Since I've been away from home for a few weeks I really didn't have much to say. The simple things would happen in the hotel room.. I'd be standing at the fridge and for some godawful reason they put a mirror right behind where the fridge is. x//x

But anyway. Last night I was talking on IRC to a few people while was cycling. I had just told them all bye and I was laying back and all of a sudden I heard knocking. I've been staying in my mom's room {stupid i know} so I can sleep with all the dogs, my bed is too small. XD She has a cedar chest at the end of her bed and I swear it sounded like someone was knocking on it.. three times. Then I went to sleep. All of a sudden at midnight I hear in a male's voice that woke me from a deep sleep. 'Hey you.. Wake up.' And I turned my head and all of a sudden my one dog started throwing up. I was like what. but after we dealt with it, she was staring down at the floor where the bed meets the cedar chest. I patted her a few times before going back to bed. And I remember just before I fell asleep there was a knock again. When I woke up this morning nothing was moved or anything..

And before you say its my parents, they actually have been out of town. I've been alone .-.

One of the pubs/mini hotels in my town will do anything for money and business (as you do). They have a ghost hunting night with 'real ghost hunting equipment'. Basically they're claiming the pub is haunted to try and get in the money, even though it isn't hehe. Me and my friends almost wore a white sheet and wandered around the place when they were 'ghost hunting'. xD

We didn't in the end because we thought we'd get banned from the place or something. (Not that we go there often, but when far away friends visit, they often stay there and we go visit).

Since I've been away from home for a few weeks I really didn't have much to say. The simple things would happen in the hotel room.. I'd be standing at the fridge and for some godawful reason they put a mirror right behind where the fridge is. x//x

But anyway. Last night I was talking on IRC to a few people while was cycling. I had just told them all bye and I was laying back and all of a sudden I heard knocking. I've been staying in my mom's room {stupid i know} so I can sleep with all the dogs, my bed is too small. XD She has a cedar chest at the end of her bed and I swear it sounded like someone was knocking on it.. three times. Then I went to sleep. All of a sudden at midnight I hear in a male's voice that woke me from a deep sleep. 'Hey you.. Wake up.' And I turned my head and all of a sudden my one dog started throwing up. I was like what. but after we dealt with it, she was staring down at the floor where the bed meets the cedar chest. I patted her a few times before going back to bed. And I remember just before I fell asleep there was a knock again. When I woke up this morning nothing was moved or anything..

And before you say its my parents, they actually have been out of town. I've been alone .-.

I've head something similar happen to me. One of my cats was lying on my bed and she suddenly sit up and stared into my wardrobe, which was half open. I thought nothing of it and tried to go to sleep but I could hear mother****ing heavy breathing and coughing coming from that goddamned wardrobe. I finally went to sleep and nothing else ever happened but I feel like I'm going to be murdered some time this year.

Last edited:
I was just sitting in my living room watching videos on YouTube when it sounded like someone was trying open the door quietly. No one came in so I went to check and the door was slightly open. The door was perfectly shut fine before that happened. Yeah. This happened about five minutes ago so I'll update it anything else happens.

one time I was home alone and I was sort of scared? and I heard like a whisper of my name that sort of came from everywhere in the house and then what sounded like footsteps coming from my parents room and the upstairs, so I locked myself in the bathroom until someone came home haha

prob just creaking and wind but I still freaked out

I've been looking for a thread like this to cope... I currently live in a 25-30 year old apartment, and from day one weird things started happening. Doors opened and closed on their own, items have been moved, and I was even locked out of the apartment in the most impossible way. Lemme go into detail.

I moved into this flat about 3 months ago, it's a wonderful apartment. Bottom floor, wood flooring, spacious, recently updated. It has a great dry bar, a huge patio and a huge walk in closet... for 200-300 hundred dollars cheaper than what is the usual price of a flat this size. Should have been the first hint, right? So, I get moved in, and the first week or so is great... Until I go to my dry bar and find one item upside down. It was impossible. This little crystal chest has feet on the bottom, I remember setting it down on them when I pulled them from the box. I simply put it the right way up and went about my day...

A week later, my lights were turned off in my bedroom as I was dressing. Impossibly so. The fan was still on, thus the cord had to be pulled. I had my shirt over my head and there was no way the cats could reach the cord. I've woken up to my cabinets open, I've woken to my bathroom door open...

One day I went outside to smoke a *** and the closed the sliding glass door so smoke didn't get in and cats didn't get out. You have to click the latch down to lock that door, it's very firm and not loose at all. But somehow on that day, it locked. It was a cold and rainy sunday, and I was locked out of my flat in slippers and a house coat. I climbed the rail and walked around my building in hopes that my front door would unlock. No luck. But lucky my neighbour came up and was willing to help me try and break in. We went to my patio and was trying to figure out the door and the windows, and one I KNOW I had locked up tight the night before was somehow open... Once inside, I thanked my neighbour and now I don't close the sliding glass door when I go out to smoke.

Not done. Last sunday, after days of nothing, I was settling in to watch Salem, a TV show about the Salem witch trials and oh so good. I turned off all the lights, popped popcorn, and settled in for the show... when a mist in the shape of a person floated across my house. It lasted like a second. But I saw it. It's burned into my memory. I noped so hard and turned on the lights. I was like "Um... okay... Hi... Please don't harm me that's all I ask." But gawd damn I'm so scared now. My Kitten will meow in distress often, not something he used to do. and My adult Mama cat will hide under the bed for no reason, not her usual behaviour.

My flat is haunted, how do I cope?

I had an ollllllddddd CD player, big massive thing that you could also record tapes on and one night the cassette door thingy popped open on its own but it opens slowly it's so so creepy!

I've been looking for a thread like this to cope... I currently live in a 25-30 year old apartment, and from day one weird things started happening. Doors opened and closed on their own, items have been moved, and I was even locked out of the apartment in the most impossible way. Lemme go into detail.

I moved into this flat about 3 months ago, it's a wonderful apartment. Bottom floor, wood flooring, spacious, recently updated. It has a great dry bar, a huge patio and a huge walk in closet... for 200-300 hundred dollars cheaper than what is the usual price of a flat this size. Should have been the first hint, right? So, I get moved in, and the first week or so is great... Until I go to my dry bar and find one item upside down. It was impossible. This little crystal chest has feet on the bottom, I remember setting it down on them when I pulled them from the box. I simply put it the right way up and went about my day...

A week later, my lights were turned off in my bedroom as I was dressing. Impossibly so. The fan was still on, thus the cord had to be pulled. I had my shirt over my head and there was no way the cats could reach the cord. I've woken up to my cabinets open, I've woken to my bathroom door open...

One day I went outside to smoke a *** and the closed the sliding glass door so smoke didn't get in and cats didn't get out. You have to click the latch down to lock that door, it's very firm and not loose at all. But somehow on that day, it locked. It was a cold and rainy sunday, and I was locked out of my flat in slippers and a house coat. I climbed the rail and walked around my building in hopes that my front door would unlock. No luck. But lucky my neighbour came up and was willing to help me try and break in. We went to my patio and was trying to figure out the door and the windows, and one I KNOW I had locked up tight the night before was somehow open... Once inside, I thanked my neighbour and now I don't close the sliding glass door when I go out to smoke.

Not done. Last sunday, after days of nothing, I was settling in to watch Salem, a TV show about the Salem witch trials and oh so good. I turned off all the lights, popped popcorn, and settled in for the show... when a mist in the shape of a person floated across my house. It lasted like a second. But I saw it. It's burned into my memory. I noped so hard and turned on the lights. I was like "Um... okay... Hi... Please don't harm me that's all I ask." But gawd damn I'm so scared now. My Kitten will meow in distress often, not something he used to do. and My adult Mama cat will hide under the bed for no reason, not her usual behaviour.

Oh my god, something like this would be my worst nightmare. Just ask your landlord or contact whoever owns the flat and notify them. Ask your neighbours or just get the hell out of there.

this kind of thing really freaks me out because when i was a kid i would hear stories from my family and relatives and my grandmother would tell me that it's hereditary like if your family has a history of seeing ghosts your family is just closer to the ghost world's door or something to that effect (it's hard to make a direct translation since it's like idioms and ****). and like it wasn't just the older generation like parents aunts and uncles it was stories from my siblings and cousins AT A VERY YOUNG AGE telling me that they were seeing ghosts while i was with them and it was ****ing terrifying. and i swear to ****ing god i have felt ghostly presence in my old room (i had to switch to another room because of fengshui issues) and it would keep me up at night as a child. but this room is so much better, but i'm terrified of a lot of things (like looking in the mirror at night or just the dark in general, window reflections etc)

Put all of the stuff that keeps getting moved into one pile, and let that b**** have a fun night.

Last edited:
Back