• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Paranormal experiences thread

We first moved into this house when I was 10 and for a while there definitely seemed to be some sort of presence here. Almost every single night I would hear what sounded like somebody breaking in. Sometimes it would just be the sounds of the front door opening or glass breaking, but other times it would be the sounds of footsteps downstairs, and on occasion it would be the sound of someone wearing very heavy shoes or boots rushing up the stairs. It was terrifying.

All the typical things would happen, like lights flickering, whispers, doors opening and closing, etc. A lot of them would be easy for me to brush off as an overactive imagination but there were a few instances where it felt real. One time I was playing a game when there was a sudden growl from the corner of my room about six feet to my left. And I use the term "growl" loosely because it was unlike any I'd heard before or have heard since. It sounded like a combination of several different animal cries all combined into one very aggressive-sounding growl. Almost like a bull, a horse, a lion, and a man, all in one. I tried to ignore it but a few moments later it happened again. It happened about four times before my 12 year old self thought it was wise to tell it to shut up. Then it "barked" as if it was going to attack, and that is when I bolted out of there.

Another time I had just gotten into bed when a dresser in my room started shaking violently. I couldn't see it since it was dark and I was too scared to look but I could definitely hear it and feel the vibrations from it. The dresser had a TV on top of it and I could hear the corners of it lifting off and slamming back down, that's how intense it was. My first thought was "Maybe it is an earthquake" since I do live in Southern California after all, but nothing else in my room was moving. It was just the one dresser. It stopped after a few minutes. This dresser is very heavy and I've tried to replicate it since but even as a grown man I'm not strong enough to make it shake as intensely as that night.

There were a handful of other little incidents over the years. For instance, when I was 11 I was playing hide-and-seek with my mom's friend. I was hiding and she was seeking. I was hiding downstairs and suddenly I heard her say "GOT YOU" from across the house. Turns out she was looking up the stairs and saw "me" run by the upstairs hallway. Except I wasn't upstairs. Another time I was 16 or so and I was out with friends. My mom called me in hysterics asking if I was alright. An untraceable number had called the house, and she said it was MY voice. The voice even claimed to be me and sounded very distressed, saying that it was ill and needed her, and to please come to my room to help me. There's a possibility it could've been a prank call but none of my friends knew my home phone number and my mom insists it was exactly my voice.

I'm 26 and living back at home because my folks aren't in the greatest shape and I take care of them, and there hasn't really been any happenings in a long time. The atmosphere of the house definitely feels lighter and more like a home than those days. For the longest time I thought maybe I did just have an overactive imagination but my parents have said that things happened to them too that they just never told me about because they didn't want to scare me. Things like being touched, having covers suddenly fly off them at night, glass objects suddenly just breaking on their own. One time my mom was in the kitchen when she heard a clink, and she found a candlestick on the dining room table still standing upright but with the decorative top on the floor across the room.

Oh yeah and there is a "secret" room behind their bedroom that no other houses in the neighborhood with the same model of house have. Nothing weird has ever happened with it (my parents keep the makeshift door hidden behind a dresser) but it is a weird little touch that makes me wonder what it was used for.

I'm still a bit of skeptic and can't say I believe in anything 100% but at the same time I can't explain a lot of the things that I did experience.

... well that all ended up being way longer than I anticipated. Guess I got carried away on my trip down memory lane.

Last edited:
I don't believe in the paranormal, but I get scared when I'm alone in the dark and UFO stories give me the creeps. ^^;;

I shut a door tight. I checked it. I shut another door, and the other one opened. Just. Opened. There were no cats or people by the door. Creepy.

OK OK Y'ALL LIKE I DON'T REALLY EVER POST ON HERE REALLY BUT ANYWAY SO DURING THE SUMMER YA KNOW I WAS CHILLING IN MY ROOM AND IT WAS LIKE 4 AM RIGHT. I WAS KINDA FALLING ASLEEP FINALLY, YEAH. MY HOUSE WAS COMPLETELY DARK. NO LIGHT ON, NOTHING. EVERYONE WAS ASLEEP BUT ME. OK SO AS I WAS ABOUT TO FALL ASLEEP, WHEN THE LIVING ROOM LIGHTS JUST CAME ON. I WAS SO FREAKED OUT MAN. SO AFTER LIKE, 4 MINUTES OF MESSAGING ALL MY FRIENDS TELLING THEM IMMA DIE, I GOT UP AND WENT AND TURNED IT OFF.
HEY YEAH I'M ALIVE THOUGH.

AND WANNA KNOW SOMETHING CREEPY RELATED TO THAT, MY DOG CONSTANTLY BARKS AND GROWLS AT THE ANTIQUE (100+ YEARS OLD) CHAIR THAT'S BY THE LIGHT THAT TURNED ON.

NOW THAT I READ WHAT I JUST SAID, IT SOUNDS REALLY LAME. I HAVE MORE BUT I CAN'T SAY WHAT THEY ARE CUZ THEY'RE RELATED TO SOMETHING BAD. OKAY I'M GONNA NEVER POST AGAIN DON'T MIND ME GUYS.
I think a ghost stepped on your caps lock key

OK OK Y'ALL LIKE I DON'T REALLY EVER POST ON HERE REALLY BUT ANYWAY SO DURING THE SUMMER YA KNOW I WAS CHILLING IN MY ROOM AND IT WAS LIKE 4 AM RIGHT. I WAS KINDA FALLING ASLEEP FINALLY, YEAH. MY HOUSE WAS COMPLETELY DARK. NO LIGHT ON, NOTHING. EVERYONE WAS ASLEEP BUT ME. OK SO AS I WAS ABOUT TO FALL ASLEEP, WHEN THE LIVING ROOM LIGHTS JUST CAME ON. I WAS SO FREAKED OUT MAN. SO AFTER LIKE, 4 MINUTES OF MESSAGING ALL MY FRIENDS TELLING THEM IMMA DIE, I GOT UP AND WENT AND TURNED IT OFF.

AND WANNA KNOW SOMETHING CREEPY RELATED TO THAT, MY DOG CONSTANTLY BARKS AND GROWLS AT THE ANTIQUE (100+ YEARS OLD) CHAIR THAT'S BY THE LIGHT THAT TURNED ON.

NOW THAT I READ WHAT I JUST SAID, IT SOUNDS REALLY LAME. I HAVE MORE BUT I CAN'T SAY WHAT THEY ARE CUZ THEY'RE RELATED TO SOMETHING BAD. OKAY I'M GONNA NEVER POST AGAIN DON'T MIND ME GUYS.

I CAN HEAR YOU BUT IT'S HARD TO TAKE WHAT YOU'RE WRITING SERIOUSLY.

I think a ghost stepped on your caps lock key

dying at this comment hHAHAHAhhahahH

- - - Post Merge - - -

call ghostbusters! darn that's scary D:

We first moved into this house when I was 10 and for a while there definitely seemed to be some sort of presence here. Almost every single night I would hear what sounded like somebody breaking in. Sometimes it would just be the sounds of the front door opening or glass breaking, but other times it would be the sounds of footsteps downstairs, and on occasion it would be the sound of someone wearing very heavy shoes or boots rushing up the stairs. It was terrifying.

All the typical things would happen, like lights flickering, whispers, doors opening and closing, etc. A lot of them would be easy for me to brush off as an overactive imagination but there were a few instances where it felt real. One time I was playing a game when there was a sudden growl from the corner of my room about six feet to my left. And I use the term "growl" loosely because it was unlike any I'd heard before or have heard since. It sounded like a combination of several different animal cries all combined into one very aggressive-sounding growl. Almost like a bull, a horse, a lion, and a man, all in one. I tried to ignore it but a few moments later it happened again. It happened about four times before my 12 year old self thought it was wise to tell it to shut up. Then it "barked" as if it was going to attack, and that is when I bolted out of there.

Another time I had just gotten into bed when a dresser in my room started shaking violently. I couldn't see it since it was dark and I was too scared to look but I could definitely hear it and feel the vibrations from it. The dresser had a TV on top of it and I could hear the corners of it lifting off and slamming back down, that's how intense it was. My first thought was "Maybe it is an earthquake" since I do live in Southern California after all, but nothing else in my room was moving. It was just the one dresser. It stopped after a few minutes. This dresser is very heavy and I've tried to replicate it since but even as a grown man I'm not strong enough to make it shake as intensely as that night.

There were a handful of other little incidents over the years. For instance, when I was 11 I was playing hide-and-seek with my mom's friend. I was hiding and she was seeking. I was hiding downstairs and suddenly I heard her say "GOT YOU" from across the house. Turns out she was looking up the stairs and saw "me" run by the upstairs hallway. Except I wasn't upstairs. Another time I was 16 or so and I was out with friends. My mom called me in hysterics asking if I was alright. An untraceable number had called the house, and she said it was MY voice. The voice even claimed to be me and sounded very distressed, saying that it was ill and needed her, and to please come to my room to help me. There's a possibility it could've been a prank call but none of my friends knew my home phone number and my mom insists it was exactly my voice.

I'm 26 and living back at home because my folks aren't in the greatest shape and I take care of them, and there hasn't really been any happenings in a long time. The atmosphere of the house definitely feels lighter and more like a home than those days. For the longest time I thought maybe I did just have an overactive imagination but my parents have said that things happened to them too that they just never told me about because they didn't want to scare me. Things like being touched, having covers suddenly fly off them at night, glass objects suddenly just breaking on their own. One time my mom was in the kitchen when she heard a clink, and she found a candlestick on the dining room table still standing upright but with the decorative top on the floor across the room.

Oh yeah and there is a "secret" room behind their bedroom that no other houses in the neighborhood with the same model of house have. Nothing weird has ever happened with it (my parents keep the makeshift door hidden behind a dresser) but it is a weird little touch that makes me wonder what it was used for.

I'm still a bit of skeptic and can't say I believe in anything 100% but at the same time I can't explain a lot of the things that I did experience.

... well that all ended up being way longer than I anticipated. Guess I got carried away on my trip down memory lane.

That is terrifying. I've had a lot of experiences, but nothing ever as huge as any of those things. Once I did have something borrow my voice to call my mom for help though..
I had been taking a bath, and she came down to ask what I needed when the two of us were alone in the house and I hadn't said anything. She said it was my voice and even called her "mama mama" like I did at the time.

Probably shouldn't read this while I'm dehydrated and sick but yeah. YOLO.

I don't think I've ever had any paranormal experiences except for my bedroom door opening and closing slowly during the night after reading a chain letter on Facebook.

Last edited:
I've had a couple things happen to me in the current house that I'm living in but I'm not sure if they were parnormal? Just really scary and weird, my mom has had things happen to her as well which I think were paranormal.

I've had a couple things happen to me in the current house that I'm living in but I'm not sure if they were parnormal? Just really scary and weird, my mom has had things happen to her as well which I think were paranormal.

What sorts of things happened?

What sorts of things happened?

Lots of sounds in my experience! A while ago when my dog Bella was a puppy she started to get really sick so I took her outside and I heard this really loud banging noise coming from inside the house, between my room and my parents room, almost like someone was jumping up and down over and over again, I was terrified and didn't know what to do so I ran into the house and grabbed the phone and ran back outside and called my mom, I was going to go to a neighbors house and bring the puppy but then it stopped.
A second time, I was in my room with both of my dogs and I was on my laptop listening to music with earphones in. All of sudden I heard three large boom noises, each sounding like they got closer, the last one sounded like it was right next to my door, I was really scared and my dogs freaked out and started barking. I reluctantly opened the door expecting to see something on the other side but there was nothing.
My mom on the other hand has seen a shadow person (a couple times), she said she's seen a child about 5 or 6 years old peeking around a corner, and she's heard people talking. She's also felt something come onto the bed with her but there were no animals around. In this house we've all heard footsteps and sometimes I feel like i'm being watched.
My mom has had a couple more occurances but they weren't connected to this house.

Lots of sounds in my experience! A while ago when my dog Bella was a puppy she started to get really sick so I took her outside and I heard this really loud banging noise coming from inside the house, between my room and my parents room, almost like someone was jumping up and down over and over again, I was terrified and didn't know what to do so I ran into the house and grabbed the phone and ran back outside and called my mom, I was going to go to a neighbors house and bring the puppy but then it stopped.
A second time, I was in my room with both of my dogs and I was on my laptop listening to music with earphones in. All of sudden I heard three large boom noises, each sounding like they got closer, the last one sounded like it was right next to my door, I was really scared and my dogs freaked out and started barking. I reluctantly opened the door expecting to see something on the other side but there was nothing.
My mom on the other hand has seen a shadow person (a couple times), she said she's seen a child about 5 or 6 years old peeking around a corner, and she's heard people talking. She's also felt something come onto the bed with her but there were no animals around. In this house we've all heard footsteps and sometimes I feel like i'm being watched.
My mom has had a couple more occurances but they weren't connected to this house.

I would say those things are paranormal. I'm sorry to hear your puppy was sick.
I've experienced similar things, all except for the banging. I would've been terrified at that too, so I'm glad I haven't (knock on wood).
Does it happen very frequently?

I would say those things are paranormal. I'm sorry to hear your puppy was sick.
I've experienced similar things, all except for the banging. I would've been terrified at that too, so I'm glad I haven't (knock on wood).
Does it happen very frequently?

Yeah, I really don't have any other explanation for them? That's okay it must've been something she ate, but she recovered soon after! It's only happened twice in the 11 years I've lived here, so definitely not at all.

Yeah, I really don't have any other explanation for them? That's okay it must've been something she ate, but she recovered soon after! It's only happened twice in the 11 years I've lived here, so definitely not at all.

I'm glad to hear she recovered!
I'm also glad that the banging hasn't happened that often, it's definitely frightening.
With me, there's typically a short 'experience' every week or two. Typically just seeing something (or "someone") out of the corner of my eye, as well as phantom voices and music.
Last night, in fact, after I went to bed (at 5 AM, so I -guess- I should say "this morning") I kept hearing someone (it sounded male to me) laughing while everyone was asleep.

I'm glad to hear she recovered!
I'm also glad that the banging hasn't happened that often, it's definitely frightening.
With me, there's typically a short 'experience' every week or two. Typically just seeing something (or "someone") out of the corner of my eye, as well as phantom voices and music.
Last night, in fact, after I went to bed (at 5 AM, so I -guess- I should say "this morning") I kept hearing someone (it sounded male to me) laughing while everyone was asleep.

You hear music? Wow, don't hear of that very often and those are really frequent :c
That's really scary! I would've freaked out and probably left my house if I heard that.

You hear music? Wow, don't hear of that very often and those are really frequent :c
That's really scary! I would've freaked out and probably left my house if I heard that.

I hear music very frequently. It sounds like quiet music box, or possibly piano music depending at the time.
Occasionally my music boxes (up out of my reach for turning the key) will play a line or two of music by themselves. One night at around 3 AM a month or two back, I heard a man call my name from outside the bedroom door... About that time I decided to just go to bed.

I hear music very frequently. It sounds like quiet music box, or possibly piano music depending at the time.
Occasionally my music boxes (up out of my reach for turning the key) will play a line or two of music by themselves. One night at around 3 AM a month or two back, I heard a man call my name from outside the bedroom door... About that time I decided to just go to bed.

That's really scary I don't know if I could handle any of that! The place that you live, is it old by any chance?

That's really scary I don't know if I could handle any of that! The place that you live, is it old by any chance?

Well... After a quick look up of the address, it was built in 1981... So not really -that- old.
But, in my opinion at least, it isn't necessarily the house that's haunted. A new house could be haunted-- if the ground it was built on was.
There's also a tall "shadow man", I suppose... Except rather than black, he's entirely white. He stands nearly to the ceiling and has a wide brim hat on. I've seen him in the hallway, and in the back yard-- so whatever or whoever he is, he wasn't a one time experience.
Also, you never feel alone in the kitchen and frequently you can hear or see someone come in behind you-- only for no one to actually be there.
Still, all of the things that I've seen and heard here aren't frightening compared to some of the things we saw and heard while living at our old home, gone out from it for just a year now.

Back