• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Official Nintendo Magazine Animal Crossing 3DS Article

I think at some point in the game, Tortimer will send you a letter or inform everyone he will be retiring, and that he's looking for a new mayor, so there will be like a mini election day. Obviously, you will win the election(and you can vote for other villagers in the election too), then the results are revealed, including the runners up as well, so being as you are the winner you will then become mayor. At least, that's what I think will happen.
I don't know, but I don't like this :( It's a good idea, though. I guess I feel sorry for people who retire... don't they feel kind of useless? The fact that they (could) did a lot in their lives and are not longer able to do such things because they're old makes it even sadder... Just strolling at the beach and chilling on benches all day long until your dead... I know I see this kind of "cheerless" abd boring... don't let him completely be "retired", this "event manager" thing was good :)
@Kaiaa
Did he? Maan..... well, he's not the youngest anymore, I guess it's about time for his deserved retirement. *grabatissue*

I think at some point in the game, Tortimer will send you a letter or inform everyone he will be retiring, and that he's looking for a new mayor, so there will be like a mini election day. Obviously, you will win the election(and you can vote for other villagers in the election too), then the results are revealed, including the runners up as well, so being as you are the winner you will then become mayor. At least, that's what I think will happen.

I actually really like this idea, and I really want this to happen

It's a realistic idea, considering that they would tend to do little things like this in other events, like fishing tourneys (except you had to actually enter a fish to win), so it's a possibility. xD

Back