• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Official HP7 Topic

DarthGohan1 said:
I woke up really late this morning, and I had to go to work, so I'm only on chapter 28.
I'm on the same chapter for various reasons...

1 - I decided I'd take the last chapters slowly.
2 - Brother's been annoying the hell out of me.
3 - Stuff.
4 - Something or other.
5 - Other.

I dun have book yet.
Sad D:
SHUCKLE
roflcakeshuckle.png

Bulerias said:
DarthGohan1 said:
I woke up really late this morning, and I had to go to work, so I'm only on chapter 28.
I'm on the same chapter for various reasons...

1 - I decided I'd take the last chapters slowly.
2 - Brother's been annoying the hell out of me.
3 - Stuff.
4 - Something or other.
5 - Other.
It's really good so far. For me, only one part was really sad... same for you?

I just finished it. I'm crying my eyes out right now, I'm completely broken down...

Snape was.... Unbelievable... My mom knew it all along, she knew he was good, but my mom and I never guessed that it would be to THAT extent... The scene that touched me most was when Snape was crying over Lily's letter... Snape is truly the best character in the series...............

Bulerias said:
I just finished it. I'm crying my eyes out right now, I'm completely broken down...

Snape was.... Unbelievable... My mom knew it all along, she knew he was good, but my mom and I never guessed that it would be to THAT extent... The scene that touched me most was when Snape was crying over Lily's letter... Snape is truly the best character in the series...............
Emo D:

I finished it last night... I wasn't crying like you, Bul, but I thought it was ana amazing end to the book.

***SPOILERS***

I had seen a movie a long time ago where some guys died and you go to some train station, and when you're ready to move on, after taking care of stuff, you take a train to heaven. I've always kinda believed that's what it's like after you died... and I could not believe that's what happened when Harry gave himself up. One thing I really liked about that chapter was that it was written as the turning point for Harry - prior to he was nervous, worried about death, but upon his return, he was more confident and comfortable in the situation than Voldemort was... but the thing is, it was not only a turning point for Harry, but for Dumbledore. Dumbledore is not one to hang around as a ghost, but he obviously had some unfinished business, such as being worried that he didn't tell Harry quite enough. Also, perfect name for the chapter - "King's Cross". I think the end of "Elder Wand", then "The Prince's Tale" and "King's Cross" are possibly the best chapters in the whole series.

I was also glad some characters were able to redeem themselves. I actually needed up liking Kreacher. I still hate Percy, as well as Scrimegour, but at least the hate towards them is more of a dislike now.

I couldn't believe how there were a bunch of deaths, then a calm cluster of chapters, then a bunch more. I'd have to say the saddest death was that of Dobby - sacrificing himself to allow Harry and the gang to do what they needed. That was probably the saddest moment in the book.

Fanghorn said:
Hm yeah.

Oh and another thing I wanna bring up, JK has been reading her history books.
Possible spoilers below.
The situation of the Death eaters following he-Who-Must-Not-Be-namedplays out just like the rising of nazi germany following hitler. First, everythings hush hush, until they have enough power to take over the government, and then controlling the government. Then, the rounding up and exterimation of mudbloods is treated JUST how nazi germany treated the jews.

If you can't see the relation your ignorant.
I made that connection right away... I think Rowling did that on purpose... kinda scary though, isn't it?

Wow....I haven't posted lately....

Anyway, I've finished the book.

"The Prince's Tale" - Best chapter. Period.

^_^

The Epilogue was crappy, though. <_<

I also disliked the Epilogue, it was way too cheesy for my liking. They all marry off, have kids, and... Yeah... You kind of have a bitter aftertaste after reading it. I mean... First of all, it's only 5 pages long. What's up with that? Too many questions still left to answer...

But I LOVED the rest of the book... Just... Wow. J.K. Rowling has crafted a masterpiece for the ages.

Bulerias said:
I also disliked the Epilogue, it was way too cheesy for my liking. They all marry off, have kids, and... Yeah... You kind of have a bitter aftertaste after reading it. I mean... First of all, it's only 5 pages long. What's up with that? Too many questions still left to answer...

But I LOVED the rest of the book... Just... Wow. J.K. Rowling has crafted a masterpiece for the ages.
I agree. I am still impressed by the magnitude of Harry Potter. Without these books, who would imagine there would be crowds of people lining up to buy a book? I am truly amazed. The story is finished, and the final book is my favorite, albiet having some slow parts. Farewell, Harry, and your magical universe.

Triforce3force said:
Bulerias said:

I agree. I am still impressed by the magnitude of Harry Potter. Without these books, who would imagine there would be crowds of people lining up to buy a book? I am truly amazed. The story is finished, and the final book is my favorite, albiet having some slow parts. Farewell, Harry, and your magical universe.
Yeah, you know, I never thought I'd hear about people in America lining up for books. Compared to the European countries, I have to say that America is kind of... illiterate compared to the rest, if I may say so. Just less readers than other countries... My mom always told me how she lined up for books back when she lived in Russia and how she had to stand in line for a REALLY long time...

But Harry Potter changed things. People EVERYWHERE went crazy about it, and for good reasons. The books are simply amazing. The 7th is probably also my favorite book, though I disliked some slow parts. The 6th book follows really closely, though... If I had to rate them all, in any case...

1) 6th and 7th (tie... at least for now)
2) 3rd
3) 5th
4) 4th
5) 2nd
6) 1st

Fabio said:
Happy endings seriously piss me off. I wanted Harry to die, I wanted it to NOT be happy.
Do you really think it was a happy ending? I didn't think so.

They all get married, have kids, send them off to a safe Hogwarts, Harry's scar don't hurt no mo'? Seems happy to me. "All was good."

Fabio said:
They all get married, have kids, send them off to a safe Hogwarts, Harry's scar don't hurt no mo'? Seems happy to me. "All was good."
That doesn't mean it was happy! Put yourself in Harry's shoes. How many did he see die for him? I just don't see how the fact that he was married and had kids made things happy. Do you think that marrying made him forget the hardships and suffering he had to go through? No, it made it WORSE.

His wife will NEVER understand what it was like, nor will any of his friends or children. If anything, he shall feel even more alone after being married because he will realize that he will die alone, and that it will be impossible to confide everything in the others... because they will not understand... He experienced death and went back. It's not as though he can explain that to them all, can he?

No, he only realizes that he is more alone than ever.

I feal like the biggest idiot ever.. I made a bet with my brother and whomever trys to read HP7 1st has to pay the other $40.

edit: Holy crap my brothers an idiot... I put The Deathy Hollows cover on my Half-blooded prince and my brother walked and a started laughing and ran downstairs and read his! YAY!!!! I'm $40 richer!

Woo, I've been gone all day becasue I just finished the whole book today.

spoilerz:
I was sorta right with some of my predictions, I thought that harry/his scar would be a horcrux, and i thought he would die... which he kinda did. but... I WANTED MORE MAIN PEOPLE TO DIE.

ZELDAFREAK104 said:

spoilerz:
I was sorta right with some of my predictions, I thought that harry/his scar would be a horcrux, and i thought he would die... which he kinda did. but... I WANTED MORE MAIN PEOPLE TO DIE.
You wanted more people to die? Woah. I think enough already did!

Bulerias said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:

spoilerz:
You wanted more people to die? Woah. I think enough already did!
well i meant More of the main characters like ron and his other close friends or something. Plus harry, he should have stayed dead.

Back