• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Official Fire Emblem: Awakening Thread 2.0

Not related to Awakening, but
FINUHLY!!! WE HAD TO WAIT OVER 3 MONTHS COMPARED TO LUCKY EUROPE!

So I've been deciding on whether or not to try this game or Rune Factory 4. Any suggestions guys?

Currently I'm loving the crap out of Fantasy Life. This is actually my first time trying an RPG type game :).

Last edited:
Awakening was my first game, and I tried touching Shadow Dragon, and it was fun, but it wasn't as good to me, so I scrapped it.

Also, the Casual Method where you can play without losing your characters when they die (like in real life, no regeneration) is great for beginners. It is a harder entrance to the series when you lose your characters as you learn how to play. Once you get used to the game you will want to branch out into Classic mode.

Thanks for your opinion! This game seems to have a lot of replay value, which is always a great thing.

Since I have never played a Fire Emblem game, the casual method that you outlined, sounds perfect for a new beginner like me. (If I buy the game.)

I just wanted to know, how is the main story? Is it very good or just average? I'm hoping to get into a new RPG series or just game that seems to have a very articulate storyline.

Also, if you were to rate the game on a scale of 1 to 10(being the highest), what would you score, the game and why?

Thanks a lot for your input! :D

A lot of people feel like the story is average, but I really enjoy the story. It has a few surprise elements in it, such as being able to raise "support" level by pairing units up in battle and from there certain units can marry each other, bringing in extra story line that I found to be a very interesting touch. You can customize your avatar's appearance, certain other character's appearances (its a surprise ^-^), and every character's class and skills, based on a set of classes, containing certain skills, based on their character. Overall, the story I feel was very elaborate and I enjoyed reading the dialogue.

12458945892345892349239468 (or 10 XD)

It gives SO much creative freedom, plus I love turned based RPGs that take place on a grid-like map. It has a very good story (to me at least), the DLC allows you to grab up to 10 (I think?) characters from past fire emblem games, and it honestly is just time consuming. I spent over 300 hours on a profile once. Also, the characters all have back stories which you find out about through both support conversations with other characters and the story line.

If you get the game, I hope you like it as much as I do. I'd say it is my overall favorite game of all time.

So I've been deciding on whether or not to try this game or Rune Factory 4. Any suggestions guys?

Currently I'm loving the crap out of Fantasy Life. This is actually my first time trying an RPG type game :).
this was my review of the game to another TBT member. Figured you might wanna look at it. And I have never played Rune Factory before, so I cant say which is better or worse. Just some insight into the game :)

All 3 games are completely different so it just depends on what style you prefer. Just search up some YouTube reviews/demos.

My friend straight up told me that he was going to buy me Awakening for Christmas, (I got interested into FE a bit lately) so I'm excited for that. ^^

My friend straight up told me that he was going to buy me Awakening for Christmas, (I got interested into FE a bit lately) so I'm excited for that. ^^

You'll love it.

Not related to Awakening, but
FINUHLY!!! WE HAD TO WAIT OVER 3 MONTHS COMPARED TO LUCKY EUROPE!

I haven't played it on the Wii U yet but my bro bought it. Easily one of the best FE games.

Last edited:
I'll be starting another playthrough this evening (meant to do so forever ago). Can't remember what I chose last time, though. I think speed for asset and luck for flaw? Anyway, this time I plan on getting all the children and what not, because last time I kinda skipped most of them and by the time I had ended the storyline I didn't want to go back and unlock them, hahaha.

I'll be starting another playthrough this evening (meant to do so forever ago). Can't remember what I chose last time, though. I think speed for asset and luck for flaw? Anyway, this time I plan on getting all the children and what not, because last time I kinda skipped most of them and by the time I had ended the storyline I didn't want to go back and unlock them, hahaha.
ME TOO! I usually over plan before I play and I choose skills, final classes, and marriages haha.

And I can't find my cartridge anywhere, LOL. I thought I knew where it was, but nope. Chrom will have to wait a bit, haha.

Awwwww, haha. I hope you find it!

Found it! Woohoo! Went with speed as an asset and luck as a flaw again. Got to the chapter where they meet Emmeryn and then stopped because it's getting late here. Will continue playing tomorrow. I'd actually forgotten how much I love the music in this game! I considered skipping through the intros and animations, but decided not to, though I might at some point turn off the battle animations, haha.

AHHHH European Wii U eShop is getting Sacred Stones but no notice for NA yet
heeeeelp i want itttt

StreetPassed someone and their message was "Ricken sucks!" He's not that bad but it made me laugh. He also had no items equipped which was also pretty funny.

ooh i'm still hyped about this one tbh, i'm still fighting the urge to play again -A- (aND NOT MARRY CHROM BC GODDAMNIT CHROM BACK OFF ALREADY)

speaking of, i should go wipe my map since i think i streetpassed like about 8 ppl w fea

Back