http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/...&message.id=502

Wow, just wow. :|

First, here's the good news -

There will be an AC themed chat room!

^_^

And the bad news...

The News board is retiring. It was one of my favorite boards. :|

No more chat threads at Power On... :|

They're also retiring the Power on (RP) board. Not a big loss, but I liked that board....

>.< Those are some awful descsions (except the acww live chat :p). Perhaps this why some of the knights and sages were upset.

well nsider sucks >_> all they want you to talk about is their products... nothing else at all >_> you make a thread about something really important to you that you finaly did thats a big achevement, they don't care its agest the rules, deleted. your a little cranky and get a little mad, perma banned... I just hate nsider

Well after actually reading the thread, i se the logic behind it all. But it will still hurt the community....

STORMTROOPER88888 said:
Well after actually reading the thread, i se the logic behind it all. But it will still hurt the community....
Yeah, but the TS was sacred...

:(

:eek:

:unsure: :wacko:

:blink:

:( :no:

No RPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats like the only part I actually liked!

after thinking about it, I appluad his desision...

The chat threadare chaning to live chat...24/7 sounds great to me.

RPs have never truely been that useful, but it is history, I am 50-50

I hate the nintendogs thing, Nintendo is trying to sell it -_-'

I think they will help the forum a lot. I might go back

Most of it is a horrible thing.

The deletion of RP board will upset a ton of people, I tried some before and some got really elaborate and even gained their own forum in some cases, but they kept the main part of it at Nsider, which will now be no more.
why can't power on be a little more of an off topic board?
the AC chat room is good but if you can't exchange codes what's the point?
The news thread gone I can understand with them saying that power on will be for this but still!
The chat threads were an awesome place to meet at least when it wasn't overcrowded but seriously why not allow things on that don't relate to Nintedo, this will drive more people away from Nintendo. less will be on Nsider because of this and this means they get less of a promotion of their products from it anyway.

I AM :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SPORGE27 said:
Most of it is a horrible thing.

The deletion of RP board will upset a ton of people, I tried some before and some got really elaborate and even gained their own forum in some cases, but they kept the main part of it at Nsider, which will now be no more.
why can't power on be a little more of an off topic board?
the AC chat room is good but if you can't exchange codes what's the point?
The news thread gone I can understand with them saying that power on will be for this but still!
The chat threads were an awesome place to meet at least when it wasn't overcrowded but seriously why not allow things on that don't relate to Nintedo, this will drive more people away from Nintendo. less will be on Nsider because of this and this means they get less of a promotion of their products from it anyway.

I AM :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
when you think about Nintendo pays for NSider $1,000s. Why not use it to promote games and it should be kept nintendo

well, it's not much of a surprise as for the power on part. everyone knew there was a bunch of junk there...i think it's horrible that they're getting rid of chat. by getting rid of chat, it's making nsider as a whole less fun. they should've left the official chat threads and banned other ones, making it easier to watch over for spam and junk. now, people who want to spam will just go to other boards instead of just power on.
i feel nsider is really slipping. with this, the whole banning of friend code sharing (and what that's led to, or not led to actually), allowing goombas in boards outside of newcomer boards, and just the whole community there as a whole is weaker than it used to be. i registered there in the middle of june, and to be honest, nsider was awesome. they've made too many bad decisions over the past few months.
hmmmm, no wonder i spend more time at tbt and hardly even log on once a week at nsider.

nsider is really going downhill:
-this new decision (just will shift the spam from power on to elsewhere)
-disallowing friend code sharing
-allowing goombas outside of newcomer board

all of that, plus more, has really been deteriorating nsider's community.
no wonder i log on about bi-weekly now.

Huh? There was a chat thread? And what's the Power on (RP) board for?

:p

I have nearly 1000 posts and I never visited those places.
:yawn:

Guess it's no loss for me.

But I don't like the fact that they're taking out the news board...

:'(

ok... for a sec, i thought he said the "New" boards... meaning the Wifi Connection Category...

we aren't losing anything i'll not live without... but i'm still annoyed that they're getting rid of the chat threads... no more pool... no more bungalow... and i wont be able to see my lodge again... : (

i'll live.. .i've got animal crossing. : D

THEBOBINATOR said:
realy, the only things effecting me are the desisions on the chat thread/live chat
Exactly what I was going to say.

Mino said:
THEBOBINATOR said:
realy, the only things effecting me are the desisions on the chat thread/live chat
Exactly what I was going to say.
None of this really reflects me at all, since I don't go there anymore.

But, wow, those are some drastic steps. NSider will lose some members, as some just come to RP and Chat in the threads.

Cup Of Noodles said:
when you think about Nintendo pays for NSider $1,000s. Why not use it to promote games and it should be kept nintendo
yes but by driving many away it is less effective.

Everyone is there because of Nintendo already and they do talk about it in the right boards. but Power on was like a break area in a way, of course it still does stay on the topic of Nintendo often it is used for other games and even other aspects of life, a lot like TBT is here.

but if TBT was made so we couldn't talk about anything not relating to Animal crossing, I would not be here and I doubt many would.
Not many have a one track mind and Nsider was better with more.

Back