Galaxy Swirl
Space Whale Plush
S.S. Dolphin
Red Star Fragment
Golden Easter Egg
Enchanted Bloom
Golden Easter Egg
Red Star Fragment

It's been rumoured for the past couple of weeks that we'd be getting a new Direct in September, and given Nintendo's track record for having a Direct in September, it's no surprise to see the rumours were true and that we'll finally be getting it tomorrow. rip that it's so early in the day though

Before the Direct, do you have any hopes, expectations or predictions for this Direct?

Once the Direct is over, feel free to post about how you felt about it and any of the games that were shown.

Normally I don't have any expectations for the Direct, but surely it's now time for us to be receiving Breath of the Wild 2 news, given that we're like 6 months or w/e from it being released. Definitely makes me more excited for the Direct than usual.

I don't really watch directs anymore but I do check out the articles listing what was discussed.

I'm not really looking for anything specific but it's always fun to see what's coming out or in the works.

I'm always open to Animal Crossing news lol but I'm sure that's far into the future.

Pokemon ScarVio are always interesting to watch. I'm skeptical due to their current track record not being great but you never know if this is the game where they smarten up lol.

there's really nothing i'm hyped for that i havent seen already, so i'm going in with no expectations! i think that could be great because a surprise might catch me off guard, if nothing i'll feel neutral rather than disappointed that i didn't see something i wanted.

we got a lot of info on bayonetta 3 so im well fed on info for that until release. if they wanna show a wee bit more i wouldn't say no ;>

i never really go into directs with a lot of expectations (largely bc i rarely know what's going on within nintendo to any great degree lmao) but i always think it's exciting to see what comes out of them!! as long as there's one cute little game for me to get excited about i'm usually pretty content

it’s copium at this point lol, but as always i’m hoping a new style savvy or tomodachi life game will be announced. i doubt either of these franchises are on nintendo’s list of priorities, but a girl can dream. style savvy was one of my favourite game series when i was younger, and i can only imagine how even more stunning the graphics would look in the switch’s HD quality. tomodachi life actually made me cry the first night i had it because i adored it so much and was having so much fun. idk, maybe it’s just nostalgia talking, but even if they were just ports, i’d love to see these two series come to the switch finally.

though mostly i’m just curious to see what’ll be announced. the only other nintendo franchise i’m really interested in is animal crossing (and a style savvy or tomodachi life announcement is more likely than an ac one atp tbh), so i’m not sure what games are in the works rn. i only have 2 switch games atm (i’m picky lol), so i’m always hoping something announced will catch my eye!

i’ll be multitasking tomorrow since i’ll be in class when the direct starts, but i’m still excited to tune in! even if nothing appeals to me, the anticipation alone makes these fun for me.

I tried searching for this kind of thread before it started and couldn't find it, TBT needs to step its search function up!

I guess it's wrapping up, the SoS remake definitely has the most of my attention!

Wow! What a direct!

They announced a lot. Here it is, spoiled cause long list. I missed a lot of dates and some full game names, this direct was jam-packed and fast paced.

• Fire Emblem Engage, new FE game featuring classic characters?
  • It Takes Two (switch port)
  • Fatal Frame: Mask of Lunar Eclipse
  • Xenoblade Chronicles new character (missed this one, sorry)
  • Spongebob: The Cosmic Shake
  • Fitness Boxing... of the North Star!
  • OddBallers
  • TUNIC (PLAY THIS GAME!!!! GET IT)
  • Front Missing 1st Remake & 2nd Remake (First two games, along with Front Mission 3 remake sometime in the future)
  • Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life
  • Splatoon 3 news! Splatfest theme: Gear, Grub, Fun. What would you bring to a deserted island?
  • Octopath Traveler 2
  • Fae Farm
  • Theatrythm Final Bar Line (Final Fantasy Anniversary music game??) As well as announcements for music from Nier, Saga, Live a Live and Octopath, Season pass and other DLC
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  • Rune Factory 3 Special
  • RuneFactory series in development
  • N64 games: Pilotwings64, Mario Party 1+2+3, Pokemon Stadium 1+2, 1080 Snowboarding, Excitebike 64. GOLDENEYE GOLDENEYE GOLDENEYE GOLDENEYE GOLDENEYE
  • Various Daylife (game name)
  • Factorio (Dev of this game is a jerk so I dont care)
  • Ib
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League 2nd free update (Pauline, Diddy Kong added, as well as new stadium and gear)
  • Atelier Ryza: Alchemist of the end & The Secret Key
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe- Wave 3. Merry Mountain (MKT) DS Peach Gardens, thats all they showed LOL
  • Switch Sports is adding Golf, being added this Holiday instead of Autumn
  • Mario Movie & Super Nintendo World fluff
  • PIKMIN???? Oh Pikmin Bloom lmao
  • WAIT ACTUALLY PIKMIN 4 COMING 2023 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Just Dance 2023
  • Harvestella
  • MOM Bayonetta 3 fluff (NEW GAMEPLAY TRAILER)
  • Master Detective Archives: RainCode
  • Resident Evil VII: Village Cloud Edition, as well as RE2, REVII and RE3
  • Sifu
  • Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- Reunion
  • Radiant Silvergun
  • Endless Dungeon
  • Tales of Symphonia Remastered
  • Life Is Strange Arcadia Bay
  • Romancing SaGa -Minstrel Song- Remastered
  • Lego Bricktales
  • Disney Speedstorm
  • Fall Guys- Season 2
  • Kirby Return to Dream Land Deluxe
  • Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom (5.12.2023)

Individual trailers seem to be going up on the Nintendo official YouTube so check there! The full direct is also archived on their channel as well.

Last edited:
mostly it was pretty underwhelming to me. (so no tomodachi life? *smashes phone*) the farming/life sims definitely piqued my interest, as they actually have art styles that appeal to me for once. if story of seasons includes same-sex marriage, i'll definitely be getting that. same goes for fae farm. i'll be giving the harvestella demo a shot, but it does lowkey give me discount genshin impact vibes asdfghjkl. i also definitely want to wishlist tunic; not the sort of game i'd normally get, but i like puzzles and foxes. disney speedstorm i might get depending on the price.

also, it wasn't included in this direct, but y'all should definitely look into hokko life if you haven't heard of it; it releases on the switch on the 27th and gives big AC vibes. i'm definitely getting that too!

Best parts of todays trailer for me:
1. Pokemon Stadium 1&2 (the only Pokemon related thing) and Goldeneye coming to Switch!
2. more Bayonetta 3
3. Pikmin 4 reveal. Perspective from the Pikmins looks promising.
4. Kirby Return to Dreamland deluxe! Co-op with other Kirby players!
5. FINALLY!!!! We get BoTW2 title reveal: Tears of the Kingdom! I can't believe how much I was simply waiting for the title. We barely got any gameplay but at least they gave us that.

Everything else was irrelevant to me. The over-saturation of farming and RPG games is starting to get noticeable (thanks Square Enix for nothing!)

Last edited:
Everything else was irrevelevant to me. The over-saturation of farming and RPG games is starting to get noticeable (thanks Square Enix for nothing!)
literally just thinking the exact same thing, i dont know how many times i said "again?" or "another one?" during this direct.

just got finished watching the direct (while in class 💀). story of seasons: a wonderful life looks so good! i haven’t played a story of seasons game since they were still called harvest moon lol, but i love the fact that the characters age over time in this one! and of course the graphics are stunning and the gameplay looks so cute as always! bummed i have to wait until next summer, but i’ll definitely be picking a copy up. ☺️

tunic and fae farm also looks intriguing! the latter seems like it’s essentially magical animal crossing x story of seasons, but it’s cute! ib is also giving me massive misao vibes, and that alone has me intrigued. 😳 might just have to pick a copy of that up as well.

but another direct without any tomodachi life or style savvy news... pain.

tunic and fae farm also looks intriguing!
tunic is available now on PC, it's a super great game. i highly recommend it, the OST is great. my only gripe is gameplay can be clunky but its still very enjoyable and actually thought provoking.

literally just thinking the exact same thing, i dont know how many times i said "again?" or "another one?" during this direct.
Yeah...if they just made like one or two good ones I wouldn't have had any problem with it. For me to get immersed in a RPG, I have to feel like I have to relate somewhat with the game's world/universe. All of them from the trailer looked very similar to each other so I was like "oh, another rpg with ff-like characters". And the farming games....Story of Seasons is ok. 5 or more SoS knockoffs is not ok.

Oh my god Pikmin 4 is real let's gooooooooooo! It's been 7 years since Miyamoto was first like "yep Pikmin 4 is being developed and is close to completion", so the fact it's finally been officially revealed is amazing. I'm very excited for it, it was easily near the top of the list of games I dreamed of coming out, I can't wait to pick it up the day it comes out next year! Easily the best highlight of the Direct or me.

Other things about the Direct I enjoyed was finally getting the name reveal and release date of the next Legend of Zelda game. Now to remember it's called Tears of the Kingdom and not Breath of the Wild 2, lol. In addition, seeing the announcement of Fire Emblem: Engage and Octopath Traveler II was cool, and having the next batch of NSO N64 games revealed was nice (though admittedly I really just want Banjo-Tooie next, lol). It's also nice to see Tunic get released as a Switch game. I've heard good things about it, so I'll have to try and pick it up.

The Pikmin and Zelda news was interesting! The rest didn't really mean anything to me this time. The farming games... It's like all those developers tried to get in on the hype and a few years later, all finished their games at the same time. 😴

Tunic is definitely a nice game that's worth considering. The combat is kinda painful sometimes (expect frustration) and too many of the secrets just involve you running into walls to see if those walls are hiding something or just look a little strange, but it was interesting enough for me to bother going for the 100% completion.

bamco can milk me for all im worth. i'll buy every single tales of symphonia version
maybe one day they'll give it a proper remake

same goes for ib! really wasn't expecting a switch release, but i'm here for it. i love ib.

i liked this direct quite a lot! it was made for me.
pikmin 4 was exciting, and i'm here for all of the farming games and i'll probably... get most of them. seeing the SoS:AWL remake brought tears to my eyes L(_ _L) my beloved
i also really liked how they announced the new rune factory game. just a single sentence and moved on. my god.

i think the only other thing i could've asked for is a new rhythm heaven game, but... my hopes for that are low. but please i want a new rhythm heaven game.

[edit] some more news about SoS:AWL
Your Story, Your Way ‒ With the option to play as a male, female, or non-binary protagonist, as well as all eligible marriage candidates available for romance regardless of that choice, you can truly be who you want to be.
blessed be marvelous games 🙏

Last edited:
i think the only other thing i could've asked for is a new rhythm heaven game, but... my hopes for that are low. but please i want a new rhythm heaven game.

Yes please!! It has been far too long. :( Long enough that I don't expect it to happen at this point... We should start a petition. surely they will appreciate our two signatures

I'm so happy that there's a new fire emblem game coming out 😭 💖 At first I wasn't sure if I liked the protagonist who literally has design of a toothpaste (or any of the designs really since it kind of lacked that fire emblem feel at first, had more of a tales of vibe), but they did grow on me throughout the trailer, I'm really excited for it. I hope that it'll be good despite having a different vibe from other fire emblems. Also, the mechanic of kind of summoning the old fire emblem characters? I do like it, they kind of look like persona or something, very cool imo
Just pls intsys don't make this a big crossover like heroes I'm begging on my knees rn

Kind of sad that there's nothing that stands out from the collector's edition from the new FE besides the cards, but I'm also hopeful that maybe it'll be a bit cheaper because of that

I was also praying for a tomodachi life like game, but well, see you next time at the annual prayer circle I guess!

Last edited:
Back