Nintendo broke my Wii

SilentHopes

Swag Master
Bells
I removed my homebrew before I updated. Everything was fine. After the update, my Wii doesn't play games anymore. Only my Wiiware.

I'm gonna send them an email. <_<

Rorato said:
I removed my homebrew before I updated. Everything was fine. After the update, my Wii doesn't play games anymore. Only my Wiiware.

I'm gonna send them an email. <_<
You just HAD to update, did you?

Kyel said:
I let nintendo remove my homebrew, I'm jut gonna wait for hb 4.3
You know you could of just moved your Homebrew to an SD card, update your Wii, and then put the Homebrew back in?

[Nook said:
,Jun 22 2010, 10:14:14 PM]
Kyel said:
You know you could of just moved your Homebrew to an SD card, update your Wii, and then put the Homebrew back in?
That won't work, lol.

[Nook said:
Kyel said:
Why? I wasn't using it. Plus, that wouldn't work.

[Nook said:
Kyel said:
Wrong.

You guys are seriously dumb if you upda with Homebrew installed. If you were smart enough you could always wait for a patch then wipe your wii clean then cleanly install the Homebrew. Nintendo always has a patch waiting for patch Homebrew but it will never happen as the makers know their away around the bypass.

@ Kyel
I'm sorry to say but Tyeforce beat you to the post.

Did you have the SD card with your boot.elf, or whatever it is, in the SD card? That could be one reason. Also, they said in the warning, if they detected "such software" you wii could "immediately become inoperable".

my wii broke too but it was right before the 4.3 update (i have homebrew) in the middle of the day the disc reader just broke. I later got my bro's friend to look at it (computer boy :D) and he said the hardware is messed up.my mom later sent it to nintendo and they blamed it on the HOMEBREW CHANNEL? like the software damaged the hardware?

Roachey#2 said:
my wii broke too but it was right before the 4.3 update (i have homebrew) in the middle of the day the disc reader just broke. I later got my bro's friend to look at it (computer boy :D) and he said the hardware is messed up.my mom later sent it to nintendo and they blamed it on the HOMEBREW CHANNEL? like the software damaged the hardware?
did it get fixed in the end?

Kyel said:
[Nook said:
Kyel said:
Wrong.
Acually your Wrong Kyel Homebrew is a installed application the Channel is just a launcher for it when you Update It removes the installed files and the channel then you can still have the channel but you won't be able to launch it.
-Marlon

Marlon88 said:
Kyel said:
[Nook said:
Kyel said:
Wrong.
Acually your Wrong Kyel Homebrew is a installed application the Channel is just a launcher for it when you Update It removes the installed files and the channel then you can still have the channel but you won't be able to launch it.
-Marlon
No, you can't even reinstall the channel after the 4.3 update.

Marlon88 said:
Kyel said:
[Nook said:
Kyel said:
Wrong.
-Marlon
You do realize hpw little sense that made, correct?

And like Tye said, that's like trying to instal a windows 98 program on windows 7. It doesn't work.

Bacon Boy said:
Marlon88 said:
Kyel said:
[Nook said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Wrong.
-Marlon
You do realize hpw little sense that made, correct?

And like Tye said, that's like trying to instal a windows 98 program on windows 7. It doesn't work.
Wait... I think I can install 98 on windows 7... just takes a little extra effort :p

and yeah the homebrew people constantly find ways around whatever Nintendo sets up...

d7crab said:
Roachey#2 said:
no, nintendo refused to fix it :mad:

Roachey#2 said:
d7crab said:
Roachey#2 said:
no, nintendo refused to fix it :mad:
Well, doing something illegal usually results in bad consequences.

Back