Next-Gen Competition

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Bells
Who will be on first? Xbox 360? PS3? Revolution?

I, honestly, think that Rev. Just look at the PS forums - They all want it. Same with NSider. Nobody wants an Xbox 360 other than Xbox fanboys.

:p

Yeah, that's what I think. The Rev probably will blow away all other systems and corner the game market once again and put Nintendo back on top.

1st)rev (too innovative not to be 1st)
2nd)ps3 (dominates 360 in every possible way)
3rd)360-both start with 3?

I strongly disagree with all. I don't want to look like a
fanboy. (which im not) Here is what will happen. Even Nintendo
Fanboys agree with this.

PS3 has more popularity than revolution and Xbox360 together.
Teenagers like PS3 better than revolution because they say Nntendo is
for little kids, which i will agree with them, i mean, look at they're game...
if they want to win the next gen (Nintendo) they will have to be more
mature.

revolution will come in on second place, like always. Nintendo,
like I said, needs more popularity and needs more mature games
and all, resident evil alone can't do the job. If they want to win,
they will need what I just said, which they will never have it kuz
iwata is wasting money with lame games like the brain game thingy for
DS instead of getting new and awsome games for the Nintendo DS.

And for Xbox360, it will come in 3 place like the Xbox is now.
Even tho it has tremendous support from squarenix (which I might
say its enough) it won't do much. Its costy and just won't satisfy a
gamer.

Well, those are my 2 cents.

BTW im going to post this on nsider now.

Bulerias said:

I, honestly, think that Rev. Just look at the PS forums - They all want it. Same with NSider. Nobody wants an Xbox 360 other than Xbox fanboys.

I think the same as you, bruda from anuda muda.

from what i've seen...

Nintendo fans want the Revolution, some will just have that, others will go to Microsoft, and Sony aswell...

Sony Fans get a PS3, and a Revolution if they chose, but not a 360, because its too similar to the PS3

XBOX Fans get a 360, and a Revolution if they chose, but not a PS3, because its too similar to the 360

this is definatly a case, where being different helps alot.

Bulerias said:

I kind of want X360... for Banjo-Threeie... <_< Have you checked back after we realized the controller is a :mad: REMOTE!?!?!?!?! WHY WOULD NINTENDO THINK THAT MICROSOFT OR SONY WOULD COPY A REMOTE DESIGN WHEN THEY KNOW WHAT WORKS?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

MasterDSX said:
Bulerias said:

I kind of want X360... for Banjo-Threeie... <_< Have you checked back after we realized the controller is a :mad: REMOTE!?!?!?!?! WHY WOULD NINTENDO THINK THAT MICROSOFT OR SONY WOULD COPY A REMOTE DESIGN WHEN THEY KNOW WHAT WORKS?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
I know that REALLY put me off the REv. Because of the Controller Im not gonna buy one.

just for a little counter, to Zero, I think Nintendo is getting more mature games, that Brain training game is more popular with adults and in athat way makes it more mature.

Mature games don't always have to be about blood gore swearing and sex, they can also be mature not by rating but by the level of intelligence needed, and Nintendo is doing that.

now the controller while held like a remote at times can also be a NES controller or also held the same way a steering wheel. The way it can respond in games will rock out loud and for those who want the controller of the last generation they are making a shell that will have that type of controller also so it can play games made by developers for all three systems without changing the controls.

SPORGE27 said:
just for a little counter, to Zero, I think Nintendo is getting more mature games, that Brain training game is more popular with adults and in athat way makes it more mature.

Mature games don't always have to be about blood gore swearing and sex, they can also be mature not by rating but by the level of intelligence needed, and Nintendo is doing that.

now the controller while held like a remote at times can also be a NES controller or also held the same way a steering wheel. The way it can respond in games will rock out loud and for those who want the controller of the last generation they are making a shell that will have that type of controller also so it can play games made by developers for all three systems without changing the controls.
ok, I get what your saying.

but....

Sony is a lot more famous than Nintendo.
teenagers prefer Playstation than Nintendo.

This are not my opinions, there are everyones
opinions. you see, where I live, people say Nintendo
is for little kids. but where you live people might say something
diferent. It depends on what people think.

Here poeple say Sony will pwn Nintendo with the PS3, and I very
much agreed with them. Why did I agreed with them?

Siny has a lot more support than Nintendo. Whenever a GTA games
is released for the Playstation, sales go as high as the sky.

Well, I think you got my point.

Well, you see, Nintendo is getting more and more popular with the teens and such. Did you hear that an old version of Grand Theft Auto will be downloadable on the Revolution? That's Nintendo's attempt to get back on top. I really think that this revolution will get Nintendo on its well-deserved place on 1st. I mean seriously, all GTA is is a killing game. :| That's surely more mature and adult that Mario and Zelda. *sarcasm*

Well yes although the last GTA while awesome isn't even sold now becuase of that one mod cheat. Now i agree it is a good game and I own a PS2, but I can see Nintendo changing towards many of the things that I bought the PS2 for, mainly free on-line gaming, and RPG games(for this I have less support but Square is making more games for Nintendo including the never before seen in America Final Fantasy 3) Now I for one don't like many mature games because there are many that are mindless killing or that kind of thing, GTA is a good gameI admit, but it is because of all you can do in it not just the maturity, it has great replay value. Some use more mature content for the right reasons and those are what I want to see in ninteno games.

Also it would seem that those who will get 2 systems, one will probably be a Revolution, so while it may not do as well in the begining it will survive and take the profits when people get a second system.

I know very few people who would get a PS3 and an X-box360. To be truthful with my friends they tend to either like Nintendo like me or X-box. (i personally hate X-box with a pasion and get in to many arguments over the subject, almost always ends in a stale mate, lol) The PS3 may be popular where you ae but not in Chicago suburbia, or at least in my town. As far as gaming goes though there aren't too many people around who I know that are into it all taht much.

Either way Nintendo I believe will take at least second by the end of this coming generation, and that will be plenty to fund nintendo for a while.

JJRamone2 said:
MasterDSX said:
Bulerias said:

I know that REALLY put me off the REv. Because of the Controller Im not gonna buy one.
<_< Did you even know that you can move the remote to MOVE YOUR CHARACTERS? Seriously, think of a Star Wars game... *drools*

I seriously think the PS3 will be on the bottom. With all the failures of the PSPs, who knows what'll happen to the PS3s... Maybe they'll actually kill someone and then get sued and go bankrupt.

XBOX360'll only be good for a few games: Halo 3, Fable. That's it. All the other games suck horribly.

I was thinking about getting an Xbox 360 for Christmas but then I saw the launch title. :barf: Guess I'll get an iPod Nano instead and a Revolution later. That new control is what drew me into the revolution, the 360 and ps3 graphics are too similar to the current ones in my opinion and I don't see much of a point in getting one.

I don't think peopel need to know much about graphics anymore.

I remember when I first played starcraft and the movie scenes blew my mind! Those movies can still stand up to today's graphics and that was from 1998. The world is getting better and that is all needed to know by now, all 3 systems are very close in graphic capability the question is will they use it?

Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
Also, this may be good news for some of you, bad news for others.

Read This:
Article About Sony

Point is, Sony is cutting off workers to pay for lost money. And they say they will release 103 games with the PS3...
I heard about that this morning on Channel 9 news! I LAUGHED, cause that means they are going bankrupt.

Back