New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

How does one make a village desire to move out if they don't posses amiibo cards? I have 2 random move in villages who I am not thrilled with and would love to get rid of. I find conflicting information on this topic when I google it

So far high friendship with them has made them want to move out (the most) in my experience. I got a ping from one of my first two villagers who I have given a gift and talked to at least once a day since March 20th.

It may as well be random as well; more time will tell.

Last edited:
Is there a database for all the items and their various colors yet?

This is the most complete spreadsheet that I've found. There's also this website that takes data from that spreadsheet if you prefer a website with a nicer layout and wishlist features.

Is the Villager glitch still a thing or was it completely patched out with the last update?

So... they fixed the glitch where, if a villager is forced out and then adopted, the plot would be glitched and display "This plot is reserved for 's new home." But now there's another even worse glitch involving villagers moving in that I believe is still being studied because its effects are far-reaching and its hard to pin down the exact cause and ways to fix it.

This is the most complete spreadsheet that I've found. There's also this website that takes data from that spreadsheet if you prefer a website with a nicer layout and wishlist features.

So... they fixed the glitch where, if a villager is forced out and then adopted, the plot would be glitched and display "This plot is reserved for 's new home." But now there's another even worse glitch involving villagers moving in that I believe is still being studied because its effects are far-reaching and its hard to pin down the exact cause and ways to fix it.

Aw hecc. Thank you for telling me. Do we know if it'll be fixed in 1.1.5? I'm really looking forward to adopting somebody.

Aw hecc. Thank you for telling me. Do we know if it'll be fixed in 1.1.5? I'm really looking forward to adopting somebody.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! I'm also looking to adopt villagers, so I get it. There's no way to know when the next patch is coming/what the contents of that patch will be. I know that there are people reporting this glitch to Nintendo, but it seems to be quite a doozy; it may be difficult to fix, but we can't know for sure. There's also lots of misinformation going around/no one is quite sure of exactly what's going on.

We can only be patient, report the glitch if it happens, and be careful of when we're going online, especially if we have/are planning to have open plots.

how do i end an online play session as host? like if i just want to kick everyone out at the same time. just want to know in advance :)
Press the minus button then "end session"
Post automatically merged:

I think it is based on the actual amount you wished if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong of course. lol Does anyone possibly know the answer to this question?
You are correct. The number of stars that will spawn will be based on the amount you wished on. I think the stars stop spawning after a certain amount wished on, but I'm not sure ;/

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! I'm also looking to adopt villagers, so I get it. There's no way to know when the next patch is coming/what the contents of that patch will be. I know that there are people reporting this glitch to Nintendo, but it seems to be quite a doozy; it may be difficult to fix, but we can't know for sure. There's also lots of misinformation going around/no one is quite sure of exactly what's going on.

We can only be patient, report the glitch if it happens, and be careful of when we're going online, especially if we have/are planning to have open plots.

Thank you so much for taking your time and explaining this to me.

It's really quite sad. I was so looking forward to trading. Let's hope they are able to fix it in some upcomming patches.
I've read the document you had attached to the previous post, it does seem quite scary, especially if you don't own any amiibos/amiibo cards yourself. Plus, that you can get it by simply having a patch open and visiting someone is a shame as well. Makes me scared to even do item trading.

But bottomline: thank you for informing me so detailed and thank you for taking your time to answer my question.

Sorry if this is a strange question. It’s about adopting/moving out villagers!
I have the max 10 villagers right now. Let’s say I want to adopt a villager from another town that is in boxes. In my own town, one of my current villagers has said they want to move out.
What timing should my town be in, in order to adopt the new villager that’s in boxes? Can I invite them right after having the move out conversation with my current villager, or does my current villager also need to be in boxes, or should it be the day after my current villager moves out?
I want to make sure that I’m able to adopt the new villager, and not risk having a random villager take the newly opened plot. I’ve never adopted before so I’m not sure how it works, any help is appreciated! I hope my question makes sense!

Hi! I have two questions
1. Can villagers (not the same one) ask to move two days in a row?
Beau asked to move today, but I told him to stay and I'm trying to get someone else to move out instead. I really don't want to time travel if I can avoid it.

2. Can villagers ask to move out on Fishing Tourney and other event days?

Do villagers always put furniture you give them into their house? I made a workbench for Aurora because she didn't have one (and ngl I want to get more DIYs) in hopes she would put it in her house.

Also, if she does put it in her house, will she actually use it like the villagers who already have a workbench use theirs?

Do villagers always put furniture you give them into their house? I made a workbench for Aurora because she didn't have one (and ngl I want to get more DIYs) in hopes she would put it in her house.

Also, if she does put it in her house, will she actually use it like the villagers who already have a workbench use theirs?

You don’t have to give her one. Most villagers only have a workbench in their interior while they’re crafting. It replaces something else in their interior, then disappears when they’re not using it.

You don’t have to give her one. Most villagers only have a workbench in their interior while they’re crafting. It replaces something else in their interior, then disappears when they’re not using it.

Dang really? I didn't know that. I've never seen her crafting anything in her house and assumed it was because she didn't appear to have one, so I made her one and gifted it to her.

I'm getting ready to auction a villager and want to replace their plot with another villager the day after. I do NOT want to pick up a voided villager from my friends, so how does void clearing work? I want to make sure the person clears their void before coming to pick my villager up.

I was wondering if someone can explain and help me, when it comes to Time Traveling, Cycling Villagers, and Nook Miles.

I wanted to know how to move out people you do want and keep people that you do want, I know TT(Time Travel), can be used to help but how? How can I keep say Chevre on my island but get Marina out?

If I Time Travel Forward how do I go back? For instance say I go forward a day at a time a week, can I go back to today or no? What about months ahead. Outside of turnips, can you just repeat the same week over and over?

People already own / offering up hundreds of Nook Miles Tickets for popular villagers, trading for items, and such. How do people get so many without glitching, or using bells from the glitching trick. Is there some sort of TT trick where you do a certain amount of dailies each day or something else?

Also, how does Amiibo's work in the game, and cycling.

Last edited:
Question!

So I've seen people say multiple things about what happens with your 10th and last plot. Some people have said that if it's open, it'll be treated like the rest of the plots - someone random will move in the next day. Others I've seen have said it stays open (like in NL) until you invite someone/pick someone up from the void of another town.

Which is it? If I have my 10th plot open, do I have a few days to go hunting for a villager I love on the islands, or will I need to fill it that day?

Question!

So I've seen people say multiple things about what happens with your 10th and last plot. Some people have said that if it's open, it'll be treated like the rest of the plots - someone random will move in the next day. Others I've seen have said it stays open (like in NL) until you invite someone/pick someone up from the void of another town.

Which is it? If I have my 10th plot open, do I have a few days to go hunting for a villager I love on the islands, or will I need to fill it that day?

I haven't had anyone move out just yet, but the 10th plot was filled by a random villager. I don't know if it's different if you have already had 10.

No he doesn't actually, he gives me the option to move someone else's house and gives me their kit just fine. Maybe read my post before you make a rude response.
I'm sorry if I sounded rude, I didn't mean it. Anyway it must be a bug because I changed my mind when moving the shop and everything worked fine

Okay so Idk where else to ask this but.
Is it more likely to encounter villagers you have voided on mystery island tours?
Iv'e voided both soleil and ozzie and have encountered them way more times than i assume would be normal otherwise lol.

Back