• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Can villagers start wearing clothes displayed on wall in Able Sisters Store? I don't like these default designs and I certainly wouldn't want to see my villagers in any of those.

Is there anything like the lockers in this game? If I visit a friends town, can I only take with me what will fit in my pocket?

Anyone know if there is April fools day?
Or something similar going to happen?

Last edited:
Any good guides on inclines available? I wanted to know how inclines work on the second cliff, and how close they can be to each other (to make anything close to a "double incline", which I know it's not possible).

Is there a list of items anywhere (recipes, shop items, clothing) with the name AND photo with them? I'd like to start compiling a wish list but it's hard when I only am seeing names of items on the forum but with no photos.

moridb was great for new leaf, but I'd be happy if there was no wishlist function and just name/photos.

Is there a list of items anywhere (recipes, shop items, clothing) with the name AND photo with them? I'd like to start compiling a wish list but it's hard when I only am seeing names of items on the forum but with no photos.

moridb was great for new leaf, but I'd be happy if there was no wishlist function and just name/photos.

There is this. It's still in progress, but it's the most complete I've seen so far.

We're still early days as far as the game's release goes, so there isn't anywhere that has a complete list of anything yet. There's a ginormous over-1000 pages Japanese guide coming out at the end of this month (it's bigger than the English guide coming out). Thinking about buying it, because the Japanese guides are really good typically, and I'm tired of having so many questions that no one knows the answers to. (It's not anyone's fault, the game is just new and we're all figuring stuff out!)

Does the wildest dreams recipe book give you different items? I saw someone say they got a duck recipe from it, but I didn't when I ordered. If I ordered again would there be a chance I'd get new recipes, or is it always the same ones?

Quick question, if you have 10 villagers, does a villager in boxes in another town allow you to remove one of the ten villagers from your town?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, does being mean to a villager actually make them move out faster, or prolong their time there?

There is this. It's still in progress, but it's the most complete I've seen so far.

We're still early days as far as the game's release goes, so there isn't anywhere that has a complete list of anything yet. There's a ginormous over-1000 pages Japanese guide coming out at the end of this month (it's bigger than the English guide coming out). Thinking about buying it, because the Japanese guides are really good typically, and I'm tired of having so many questions that no one knows the answers to. (It's not anyone's fault, the game is just new and we're all figuring stuff out!)

This is still so amazingly helpful, thank you SO much. I've seen so many items in other people's islands and I'm like "AHH I WANT THAT BUT WHAT IS IT" so this will be fantastic.

What do purple swirls over a villager mean? I've been ignoring Beardo since he moved in. I accidentally talked to him once but I closed the game before it saved I think. He was blocking the airport while I was trying to catalog with someone so I shoved him out of the way and he yelled at me for pushing him. Does that count as talking? Now he's walking around with his head down and purple swirls. Could he be ready to move already? He just finished unpacking today. I don't dare talk to him in case he's not unless I can confirm. Also he's making me feel kinda bad.

Last edited:
I am currently in the campsite phase. After I get the campsite animal to agree to move in, can I start trying to invite other animals through the islands without plotting land (emphasis)?

How do you customize things? I bought a stand mixer at Nooks and it's yellow. I've seen people with pink ones but when I go to the customization counter, it doesn't give me the option to customize it. Is there a way to change its colour?

I am currently in the campsite phase. After I get the campsite animal to agree to move in, can I start trying to invite other animals through the islands without plotting land (emphasis)?

No, you need a plot of land available first

How do I remove clothes from the wand? They're stuck in the wand's storage and I can't change any aspect of the outfit I'm wearing and that really frustrates me. Someone said you could delete the outfits from the wand's storage but I see no way to do that.

EDIT: I realized it is through the wardrobes.

Last edited:
How do you customize things? I bought a stand mixer at Nooks and it's yellow. I've seen people with pink ones but when I go to the customization counter, it doesn't give me the option to customize it. Is there a way to change its colour?

To customize an item, you need to go to the customization counter with the customization kits.

However, I think this reply better suits this question:
I'm guessing that it's because some items come in different colors. You cannot customize to get these different colors. Instead you have to collect each color variation of each item. Once you add these different color variations to your catalog, you are able to order as many as you want from Nook in the color you want. Hopefully that makes sense!

Basically the stand mixer (and other items that come in different colors) are seen as separate items in a way. The yellow stand mixer and pink stand mixer both need to be bought separately, and there is no way to customize one to get the other

Last edited:
Can other players still receive the villagers you void? I don't want to curse anyone with Ed.

unfortunately, yes, players can still receive voided villagers

- - - Post Merge - - -

What do purple swirls over a villager mean? I've been ignoring Beardo since he moved in. I accidentally talked to him once but I closed the game before it saved I think. He was blocking the airport while I was trying to catalog with someone so I shoved him out of the way and he yelled at me for pushing him. Does that count as talking? Now he's walking around with his head down and purple swirls. Could he be ready to move already? He just finished unpacking today. I don't dare talk to him in case he's not unless I can confirm. Also he's making me feel kinda bad.

the purple swirls means that he's sad/upset, which is typical if you push villagers around or hit them with a net. and unfortunately, he own't move out in a while since he just arrived

Back