• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New feature request; pronouns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d honestly rather people practiced addressing users by name and using singular “they” than displaying pronouns, but I’m also not against it if it helps other members.

Personally, I prefer operating more or less gender-neutrally online, and I only put my gender on the profile because “undisclosed” seemed too much like a statement in itself.

Last edited:
So in our profiles currently we have a "gender" option with male, female, other, and undisclosed options. That's all fine and dandy but I think it would be nice for the forum to include a "pronoun" section visible on our forum posts (under the avatar maybe?)

Including your pronouns not only allows people to know how to address you properly, but also makes the community more open to our trans and nb friends! Normalizing asking someone's pronouns and saying your own even if you are cis is important to creating an inclusive and understanding community.

Just wanted to put the idea out there! If this isnt the right area to post this please let me know

Edit: INFORMATIONAL LINKS

Helpful definitions regarding trans/nb/gender identity terms
Short FAQ on pronoun usage!

Fully support this - especially with such an inclusive community! :)

Hi, hello! I am just popping into this discussion to say that I am in support of this :blush: thank you!

This is an excellent idea! I hope we can see this implemented

I absolutely love this idea. I hope it gets implemented for those who'd like to disclose their pronouns!

yes i like this. by making it optional there’s literally no reason to be against it. anyone arguing an optional pronoun feature is just unreasonable

admins should make sure that both the pronouns section and gender identity bio section are made optional and hidden when not filled out. it’s okay if you don’t want to fill those sections in, no one can force you. but just like others can’t force you to show your pronouns/identity, you have no reason to stop someone else from choosing to disclose them. (all about them negative rights) for those that don’t see a need for this, this thread shows that there’s a clear demand for this feature, so it should be included

also by the age of this thread i think we should hear some input by an admin about implementing this (they’re probably busy with TBT 3.0 but this should be considered after the transition)

Last edited:
i think this is a great idea. the "other" i suppose works as well, but also, many people have regular images up that don't show their identities nor do their usernames show this- so many people here don't know who is male/female/they/them/etc unless we personally interact and talk more with them so i think it's fine as is for the most part bc getting that deep to know who identifies as what and what they're comfortable using is usually learned by talking to them or visiting their about me page if you're that curious ^^

edit: also, most people i've seen here, usually just refer to each other by their usernames unless they've personally spoken to them more to know them like that to call them she/he/they/them (though they/them is also used at times)

Last edited:
I think this would be a great feature! I hope they consider adding this to the new forum design!

I think this is a wonderful idea, it makes sure everyone gets respected while also offering a safer space!

I would love to bring this topic back up for discussion because 3.0 is here and I'm still having problems knowing/remembering people's pronouns.

I would love this feature.
I was actually just thinking about this again too!!!
Was really hoping it would of gotten added in months ago 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back