• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Easter Backdrops, but Goodbye to Our Not So Dark Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
Dark Theme Gone Wrong

Yesterday, April 1st, we revealed our new dark theme, but unfortunately it went terribly wrong and it was far brighter than expected.

2021aprilfoolsdarktheme.png

This happened due to an unforeseen bug in the programming. You see, the brightness levels were stored in an 8-bit unsigned integer variable, so values of -1 became 255 due to integer overflow. That was our bad! Due to this mistake, we have removed the dark theme and the dark dust currency, which also had the same problem. It was very hard to get anything done as you can see from my screenshot of the forum below, which is why it's best if we completely remove both features. Thanks to everyone who sent me over 700 dark dust to help me realize what a horrible mistake we had made.
Everything was white except the tree looked like this:
2021aprilfoolsdarkdust.png

New Easter Backdrops!

Hopefully all of your eyes have recovered enough to see our brand new Easter backdrops.

Springtime Serenity, Prismatic Glow, Festive Valance, Soft Cascade, Twilight Ravine

backdrop-springtime-serenity.png
backdrop-prismatic-glow.png
backdrop-festive-valance.png
backdrop-soft-cascade.png
backdrop-twilight-ravine.png

Backdrops are backgrounds that go behind your user information at the left (or top on mobile) of your posts. We have five blissful backdrops this time, all designed by @Vrisnem! These can now be purchased in the shop until April 9th, but they are only temporary and will stop being displayed after April 16th no matter when you purchased them. They will be removed from your inventory, so keep that in mind when deciding which ones to spend your bells on!

These temporary backdrops will cost 85 bells each, except for Soft Cascade (sakura petals), which will only cost 70 bells! You can find them in the Backdrop section of our shop here.

Meanwhile, don't forget that our egg decorating contest is still open for submissions and our forum egg hunt will start midday EDT tomorrow. In other news, if you filled out the survey from our last TBT Direct, expect the bells for that to come later today. Happy Easter and happy spring!

Last edited:
Oh boy, I wonder what backdrop I’ll get.

Also you won’t admit that the April Fools joke was a joke? We aren’t that gullible.

They are all super gorgeous @Vrisnem has done an amazing job.

My frag dreams are Impossible but i cant waste tbt for temporary 💔
Yes, beautiful designs, as always. And even though they are affordable backdrops this time, that's 85 tbt that I wouldn't have for my purple birthday frag. And temporary just won't work until I get it!

Yes, beautiful designs, as always. And even though they are affordable backdrops this time, that's 85 tbt that I wouldn't have for my purple birthday frag. And temporary just won't work until I get it!
Wish I could help you 💜 good luck, you will get your dream. Look at your egg collection 😍

Loving the backdrops. This is the first time I'm seriously considering one. I feel it would look really good with my profile picture and almost any of my usual line-ups.

Also that screencap from Jeremy about what happened with 700 dust is glorious.

🌸 Soft Cascade 🌸

Now my Sakura Garden aesthetic is even more beautiful~ 💞 thank you so much! @Vrisnem

I thought about you the moment I saw the sakura backdrop! Your aesthetic is gorgeous right now.​

might get the rainbow one even though i'd love for you guys to do permanent ones you can switch between sometimes.

and yeah that light one was awful 😇

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back