• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Collectibles and TBT's Valentine's Day 2021 Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
hamhearts.png

What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day on TBT than showing another user how much you value their friendship? To help you to do so, we are bringing back the classic Valentine's Rose collectible for the eighth year in a row! These roses are a temporary gift-only collectible that can be purchased from the Shop for 49 bells. Much like real flowers, these will gradually wilt over the course of the week before vanishing entirely on February 22nd 2021. But do not fret because they will remain dormant in your inventory until next year, when they will blossom again with all of your friends' kind messages still in-tact!

98.jpg

PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING A VALENTINE'S ROSE
Please check out each Valentine's Rose collectible one at a time to ensure that they safely make their way to the correct person. Attempting to send to multiple people at once is known to cause all of the collectibles to go to a single recipient.

You may have noticed that several days ago our Magical Fireworks collectible reemerged in a brand new colour scheme for the Lunar New Year, courtesy of our wonderful dizzy bone, but now they have returned to last year's heart-shaped splendour! Like the Valentine's Rose, these will also be deactivated on February 22nd 2021.

valentinesfireworks.gif

Valentine's Day isn't the only holiday this week. Pavé is coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons tomorrow for Festivale. To commemorate the occasion we are bringing back the Pavé character collectible! You can purchase him in the Shop now for 180 bells. He will only be available for purchase until February 22nd 2021 so don't forget to buy one!

211.jpg

Are you a little strapped for cash and panicking because you cannot send your friend a Valentine's Rose? Don't worry, we have all been there. Here are 49 free bells for your first Valentine's Rose! Another way you can show a friend that you are thinking about them is by sending them a handmade Valentine's card! See the post directly below for details regarding our Valentine's Day 2021 event, which runs February 14th - 21st 2021, and how you can earn one or both of our brand new Pavé feather collectibles!

pave-purple-soft.png
pavetailupdate.png

rodneyvalentine-purple-533.png

When Rodney first told me that he did not have anyone to call his special someone I was in disbelief. One pep talk—and some liquid courage—later and he's gotten himself all dressed up in his little shirt and tie and he's ready to go and impress the lady hamsters (or perhaps Graham is more his type?). Like Rodney, it is time for you to break the ice with another forum member! Spread the love this Valentine's Day by designing an Animal Crossing themed Valentine's card and addressing it to another TBT user. It could be a friend, someone you don't know very well but enjoy content from, or just someone you think could use a little cheering up!

How to Participate

Your task is to create and submit an Animal Crossing themed Valentine's Day card addressed to another TBT user by 11:59pm EST on February 21st, 2021. Your design does not need to be themed to the recipient, but it must include a nice little message for them!

For this event you are required to submit both a front cover design and an interior for your card. You may draw your submission physically or digitally and you are welcome to use craft supplies (e.g. pompoms, pipe cleaners, glitter, sequins, etc).

For presentation purposes you may also wish to photograph your card standing upright. Digital submissions may be printed for this purpose, but please note that we would also require you to submit your digital drawing as proof you designed it and both parts would need a medium-appropriate name card included (digital for digital submissions; physical for physical submissions). Building on your printed digital submission with craft supples is also acceptable.

Rules

• Entries must be your own work and you must make everything yourself.
  • You can use craft supplies but cannot use other people's work or any other pre-made components.
  • Entries must fit the theme.
  • No collaborative projects.
  • Submissions can be hand drawn or digital.
  • Animations are not accepted.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • All entries submitted are final. Please do not edit your entry after submission unless asked to by a staff member.
  • Your username must be visible somewhere in your submission.
  • Keep all creations appropriate for a PG-13 audience.

How to Submit

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by 11:59pm EST on February 21st, 2021. Your TBT username must be visible somewhere in the image, either on a name card or in the case of digital artwork written directly on the image

Prizes

Participation Prize:
pave-purple-soft.png
Pavé Purple Feather Collectible

Staff Favourite Prize:
pavetailupdate.png
Pavé Tail Feather Collectible

Happy Valentine’s day, everyone! 🥰 Thanks to the staff for another lovely event. The feather collectibles are adorable!

Happy Valentine’s Day ❤️ Now how can I resist a feather in purple 😍 I apologise in advance as everyone knows by now, I am painfully bad at drawing 😂

yoooo,, the new collectibles are gorgeous! i’m not artistic at all lmao but i’ll definitely be entering for that purple feather! 😍 happy valentine’s day, everyone!! <3

now to decide which of my friends to make the card for. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back