• For our final bonus event, answer 18 challenging questions in The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Quiz! Submit your answers by Saturday, August 31st at 11:59 PM EDT to earn anywhere from 0 - 9 extra tickets and throwback tickets. Good luck!

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
This is the best animated film ever. Arguably the best film ever made as well. Sure, it is anime, but I, personally hate anime, and I love this movie. Fans of movies of any kind, see this wonder of films! Created by acclaimed director and producer Hayao Miyazaki, this is a movie event of a lifetime!

Has anyone seen it?

BAMBAM! said:
Lion King is the Best. Period --> <big><big><big><big><big>.</big></big></big> <-- </big></big>
<big><big>
You can't say that unless you've seen Nausicaa.

Lion King is nothing compared to Nausicaa.</big>

BAMBAM! said:
ASll Anime movies just show samuries, oir warriors of some kind, fighting eachother. Lion King...is a Masterpiece.....
Yeah right.... but everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

And as I said, this isn't like your usual anime.

I've seen it... it's decent, but I didn't like the ending.... (Nausicaa)

Lion King - AWESOME!

( I still like Beauty and the Beast, though )

Have you seen Spirited Away? I thought it was better than Nausicaa, personally.

(I'm not an anime fan, but I like Miazaki's work)

Yes, I love Spirited Away as well! My mother likes Spirited Away more, but I can't decide which is better..

I've never heard of it. I don't even know where to go to see anime movies. I mean, I don't think the local theaters show them, my guess is I would probably have to travel to a big city to see one like St. Louis.

Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
I've never heard of it. I don't even know where to go to see anime movies. I mean, I don't think the local theaters show them, my guess is I would probably have to travel to a big city to see one like St. Louis.
No, just go to your local Blockbuster or something and give them a rent! Nausicaa was released back in 1986ish...

BULERIAS said:
No, just go to your local Blockbuster or something and give them a rent! Nausicaa was released back in 1986ish...
Oh, anime was around back then? I didn't think it hit the US until the early 90's.

BULERIAS said:
Oh, anime was around back then? I didn't think it hit the US until the early 90's.
Actually, Nausicaa was never released in the US theaters. It was only translated a couple of years ago, and a new translation came out a couple of months ago, which I own on DVD.

Has anyone heard the song Kaze No Tani No Nausicaa? It doesn't appear in the movie, but it's in the trailers... I like it, personally.

never heard of the song, sorry bul...but i have heard from friends that mizaki's movies are great...i wanna see howls castle and spirited away.

No offence to you, but I hate all anime...
Its stupid Japenese cartoons that have no meaning except a bunch of samurais, and or a idiot Japanese person going through life....

but thats just me.

DarthGohan1 said:
never heard of the song, sorry bul...but i have heard from friends that mizaki's movies are great...i wanna see howls castle and spirited away.
Yeah, Miyazaki's movies are very very good. It's not your typical anime. It's not dumb like all the others. Blast, I highly reccomend it. Even for people that hate anime. I hate anime myself, and I love his films!

Back