Bug's Art Gallery πŸ’«

did a quick drawing last night and added the finishing touches this morning, took me maybe 2 hours in total to do. I tried to draw without taking too long (aka trying not to be a perfectionist with my lines) and I like how it turned out! I decided not to do any shading for this one (save for the sky) because I'd like to start working on my bigger project today!

this is Maury, my Wild World player, with his best friend Ruby :3
maury-and-ruby.png

wanted to add some diversity to my anthro OC lineup so here are two new characters based on ideas which have been floating around in my head for a while :3
Jen-and-Kit.png

some info about them:
- Jen is a purpleish-brown deer who takes pride in her floofs and antlers. She is a transgirl (she/her) and is a lesbian. I created her with the idea that I would like to fit these criteria: 1. the character should be trans, 2. they should not be an animal with paws, and 3. they should have a darker fur color.
- Jen is actually somewhat shy and introverted. She has a decent amount of confidence in her appearance but she's not boastful. She does have quite a few friends though. Her favorite things are makeup, iced coffee, dancing, and cold nights. She's also happy doing whatever Kit is doing.

- Kit is a black and white raccoon. She is a demigirl (she/they) and is a sapphic ace. She's based on a character which I created when I was about 9 years old, simply named "White Tanooki" (though she wasn't actually a tanuki).
- Kit is much more outgoing and likes to tell people about how great Jen is and how much she loves her. She's somewhat insecure about her weight but she knows that Jen loves her regardless of her appearance, and that's all that matters. She's basically always the one who makes a first move. Her favorite things are watching action/thriller movies, puzzles, writing letters, and making smores.

I'm hoping to flesh them out more soon and maybe use them in some upcoming art pieces/stories :blush:

was really slow working on this earlier but then I got a lovely piece of art from @/King koopa and it gave me the motivation to start and finish this in one day! I wanted to make new art for my fakemon Lepidopteon (a bug-type eeveelution) whom I have not drawn since around May 2017. and I figured I would also draw Espunimbus cause she's cute :)
lepidopteon-and-espunimbus.png

now that the celebrating diversity contest is all done I want to upload my entry! I'm quite proud of this drawing! I learned how to use the glitter and sparkle tools and it adds so much detail and dimension to the dress πŸ₯°
celebrating-diversity-villager.png

I've been super busy this week (I'm a camp counselor for a music camp at my alma mater) but next week I should be able to start working on all my projects again, so that should be fun!

now that the celebrating diversity contest is all done I want to upload my entry! I'm quite proud of this drawing! I learned how to use the glitter and sparkle tools and it adds so much detail and dimension to the dress πŸ₯°
celebrating-diversity-villager.png

I've been super busy this week (I'm a camp counselor for a music camp at my alma mater) but next week I should be able to start working on all my projects again, so that should be fun!
I still can't get over how cute this drawing of Sterling is. If I could, I'd give him a big hug! 😊

so after being MIA for like a month (bc my depression came back *sob*) I can somewhat confidently say that I'm getting back into drawing regularly! I have more ideas after this one so hopefully they go well!

this is a drawing of my four main fox OCs dressed up as the four Super Mario boyeeees. I was particularly excited to draw Sterling as Waluigi lol. The red fox is Alex, the arctic fox is Dakota, and the fennec fox is Sandy. This is the first time I've drawn Alex as an anthro character, and this is the first time I've ever drawn Dakota and Sandy!

fox-mayro-boyes.png

I think Sterling was supposed to bring the hats and he forgot, and ofc Sandy is always disgruntled about something so he's upset. Alex and Dakota didn't seem to mind though, they're having a blast in their new costumes 😁

I had this idea a few weeks ago and I honestly think it's kinda opened up a whole new world for me, where I could recreate artworks from different Super Mario games with these characters! I think that would be pretty fun! dunno when I would start doing it but I'll def keep it in my drawing ideas list :3

I'm working on another piece rn but in the meantime I'll uploaded the secret santa art I made for @/LittleMissPanda earlier this week! I drew her three main OCs, Gnawty, Lil Ears, and Bounce. they were really fun to draw, especially as a loaf :blush:
the-loaf-bois.png

I decided I wanted to draw something today, and after tossing around a few ideas (one of which I actually would like to start very soon) I decided to draw two of my kacheek plushies, the starry one and the green one! πŸ’™πŸ’š

kacheek-buddies.png

so I don't actually play neopets at all, nor have I ever played it (I was a webkinz kid lol). but back in 2005 McDonalds had a bunch of neopets keychains included with happy meals, and one of the featured pets was the kacheek. I remember getting a green one as a kid and it was one of my favorite plushies I owned. I don't know what happened to that original one, but I recently decided that I wanted to collect the whole set of seven color variations, especially the starry one (that was the one my brother and I always wanted but never got). with this I've rediscovered my love for them and I am officially considering them part of my extensive plushie collection πŸ’•
once I have the blue one is over for all yall
20220903-140206.jpg
I really want to give them names, but I'm gonna wait until I get my last one and I have all seven of them together :)

also decided to try a slightly different shading method, I wantd to try cel shading with a watercolor-like brush. I think it works pretty well for my art style! I actually used to only do cel shading and I moved away from it a few years ago. I think I'm still gonna stick to my normal shading method for now but I might play around w this a bit more in the future.

(also also planning on using this as my signature pic once the fair is officially over so that's hypeeee)

I finished a drawing of one of my newest plushies, Tina the cocker spaniel. I wanted to use the watercolor brush again for the outline, and this time I experimented with shading by using a watery ink pen. I kinda like how it turned out, I may try to use it more in the future :)
tina-the-cocker-spaniel.png

i kinda had trouble trying to convey the curly fur on her arms/chest/legs, it's longer than the fur on her back. maybe I could try drawing her some more and seeing if I can figure it out lol

I finished a drawing of one of my newest plushies, Tina the cocker spaniel. I wanted to use the watercolor brush again for the outline, and this time I experimented with shading by using a watery ink pen. I kinda like how it turned out, I may try to use it more in the future :)
tina-the-cocker-spaniel.png

i kinda had trouble trying to convey the curly fur on her arms/chest/legs, it's longer than the fur on her back. maybe I could try drawing her some more and seeing if I can figure it out lol
This looks pretty, Bug! I think the details on Tina's ears look pretty decent even though you struggled to incorporate the rest of the curly fur on her body. Why do I feel like she's one of those sassy characters lol.

it's been a minute since I posted in here, I haven't been doing that much drawing stuff but I have been doing clay stuff! and since this is my art gallery I figured I would show off some of the clay figures I've made over the last few months!

I started crafting with polymer clay back in late July, because I've always really liked sculptures and figures, and I figured it would probably be much easier for me to figure out how to model with clay than trying to 3D model in Blender (my in-depth computer literacy is... sub-par). so I spent around $40 collecting all the basic materials I would need for clay modeling, including the clay (obv), clay softener, ball tools, rubber sculpting tools, acrylic paint and a palette, aluminum foil, metal wire... you get it.

I'm mostly interested in making clay models of my own OCs, so the very first thing I sculpted was, understandably, an animal. I wanted to make a little figurine of a silver fox, since I see lots of little fox figurines but I can never seem to find one of a silver fox (aka very likely my favorite animal). so of course, I made my own! this is the very first figurine I've made out of polymer clay, and for my first time I'm really happy with how it turned out! starting out I didn't have any corn starch so I wasn't able to smooth the clay and there are little cracks everywhere. but it's okay, I still love this little guy 😁 🦊
20221021-100537.jpg
20221021-100548.jpg
20221021-100554.jpg

I start these clay models with a metal armature that will serve as a structure and guideline for the figure (kinda like doing a sketch before drawing), and for bigger areas like the head I make an aluminum ball that's slightly smaller than what the head will be. I also bake the clay in layers, I usually wrap a thin layer of clay around the armature and bake it, and then I sculpt the actual model from there.
20220721-231239.jpg
20220722-213031.jpg

my second idea was totally different. I wanted to make a figurine of one of my favorite (and one of the most criminally underrated) Super Mario enemies: the Spindel from Shifting Sand Land! I have lots of Super Mario figurines but because the Spindel only appeared in one level in one game, he is unfortunately neglected by Nintendo. luckily I really like this guy and his ridiculously malicious grin, so here he is! he's also kinda cracked and bumpy but I like how it turned out! eventually I would like to make him a Grindel buddy too πŸ˜™
20221021-100618.jpg

my third clay model was quite ambitious, but I knew it was something I really wanted to do. I made a model of my rainbow Toucat! in case you're unaware, my favorite OCs of mine are my New Leaf mayor Daniel, my fursona Sterling, and the Toucat. I always thought "man wouldn't it be cool if I could hold my own creation in my hands?" and since the Toucat has been one of my favorites for a long time I figured she would be perfect to make a model for! it was really tricky for me to do the tail since it ended up being pretty heavy (the hardened clay actually broke a few times and I had to superglue it back together whoops), and it took me a while to figure out what to do with the wings, but after lots of trial and error this is what I came up with! 🌈
so yeah now I can hold her in my hands and I just love it so much πŸ₯ΊπŸ’•
20221021-100931.jpg
20221021-100938.jpg
20221021-100916.jpg

20220924-101818.jpg
20220924-220449.jpg
20220926-140929.jpg

and finally, here is the most recent clay model I've made (I actually finished it last night), my boy Sterling! I had a few people refer to my tiny silver fox figurine as Sterling but in reality it's just a regular silver fox. so I had to do my boy justice and make him a model too! this one gave me some trouble. I did have to buy some more paint since I needed a navy blue (and I accidentally bought a crappy paint and had to make a long trip to the craft store for actually decent paint oof). like the Toucat, Sterling is tail heavy, and because he's bipedal trying to get him to balance was tricky and I ended up gluing him to a small clay platform. it was tricky to paint some parts without getting paint on other parts that I didn't want that specific color on. but in the end it was totally worth it, I absolutely love how he turned out!! πŸ–€
20221021-095806.jpg
20221021-095817.jpg
20221021-095826.jpg

oh and I also watched like the first 3 seasons of Spongebob while making this lol
20221012-214922.jpg
20221019-170654.jpg

I have some ideas for what clay model I would like to make next (I'm considering making one of Sandy since I have an idea to make a little comic strip with him and Sterling) and I'm pretty excited bc it seems like every new clay model I make is better than the one before. I can actually see myself making some improvements and developing a technique and it's some pretty exciting stuff! these more intricate clay figures (Toucat and Sterling) take me at least 6-7 hours to make, and painting can also take a few hours, so there is quite a bit of work that goes into these. but of all the new hobbies I've picked up in the last year or so, I think polymer clay modeling might be my favorite :blush:

any more clay models I make in the future will also be uploaded to this thread for everyone to see, so look forward to that!

Last edited:
it's been a minute since I posted in here, I haven't been doing that much drawing stuff but I have been doing clay stuff! and since this is my art gallery I figured I would show off some of the clay figures I've made over the last few months!

I started crafting with polymer clay back in late July, because I've always really liked sculptures and figures, and I figured it would probably be much easier for me to figure out how to model with clay than trying to 3D model in Blender (my in-depth computer literacy is... sub-par). so I spent around $40 collecting all the basic materials I would need for clay modeling, including the clay (obv), clay softener, ball tools, rubber sculpting tools, acrylic paint and a palette, aluminum foil, metal wire... you get it.

I'm mostly interested in making clay models of my own OCs, so the very first thing I sculpted was, understandably, an animal. I wanted to make a little figurine of a silver fox, since I see lots of little fox figurines but I can never seem to find one of a silver fox (aka very likely my favorite animal). so of course, I made my own! this is the very first figurine I've made out of polymer clay, and for my first time I'm really happy with how it turned out! starting out I didn't have any corn starch so I wasn't able to smooth the clay and there are little cracks everywhere. but it's okay, I still love this little guy 😁 🦊
20221021-100537.jpg
20221021-100548.jpg
20221021-100554.jpg

I start these clay models with a metal armature that will serve as a structure and guideline for the figure (kinda like doing a sketch before drawing), and for bigger areas like the head I make an aluminum ball that's slightly smaller than what the head will be. I also bake the clay in layers, I usually wrap a thin layer of clay around the armature and bake it, and then I sculpt the actual model from there.
20220721-231239.jpg
20220722-213031.jpg

my second idea was totally different. I wanted to make a figurine of one of my favorite (and one of the most criminally underrated) Super Mario enemies: the Spindel from Shifting Sand Land! I have lots of Super Mario figurines but because the Spindel only appeared in one level in one game, he is unfortunately neglected by Nintendo. luckily I really like this guy and his ridiculously malicious grin, so here he is! he's also kinda cracked and bumpy but I like how it turned out! eventually I would like to make him a Grindel buddy too πŸ˜™
20221021-100618.jpg

my third clay model was quite ambitious, but I knew it was something I really wanted to do. I made a model of my rainbow Toucat! in case you're unaware, my favorite OCs of mine are my New Leaf mayor Daniel, my fursona Sterling, and the Toucat. I always thought "man wouldn't it be cool if I could hold my own creation in my hands?" and since the Toucat has been one of my favorites for a long time I figured she would be perfect to make a model for! it was really tricky for me to do the tail since it ended up being pretty heavy (the hardened clay actually broke a few times and I had to superglue it back together whoops), and it took me a while to figure out what to do with the wings, but after lots of trial and error this is what I came up with! 🌈
20221021-100931.jpg
20221021-100938.jpg
20221021-100916.jpg

20220924-101818.jpg
20220924-220449.jpg
20220926-140929.jpg

and finally, here is the most recent clay model I've made (I actually finished it last night), my boy Sterling! I had a few people refer to my tiny silver fox figurine as Sterling but in reality it's just a regular silver fox. so I had to do my boy justice and make him a model too! this one gave me some trouble. I did have to buy some more paint since I needed a navy blue (and I accidentally bought a crappy paint and had to make a long trip to the craft store for actually decent paint oof). like the Toucat, Sterling is tail heavy, and because he's bipedal trying to get him to balance was tricky and I ended up gluing him to a small clay platform. it was tricky to paint some parts without getting paint on other parts that I didn't want that specific color on. but in the end it was totally worth it, I absolutely love how he turned out!! πŸ–€
20221021-095806.jpg
20221021-095817.jpg
20221021-095826.jpg

oh and I also watched like the first 3 seasons of Spongebob while making this lol
20221012-214922.jpg
20221019-170654.jpg

I have some ideas for what clay model I would like to make next (I'm considering making one of Sandy since I have an idea to make a little comic strip with him and Sterling) and I'm pretty excited bc it seems like every new clay model I make is better than the one before. I can actually see myself making some improvements and developing a technique and it's some pretty exciting stuff! these more intricate clay figures (Toucat and Sterling) take me at least 6-7 hours to make, and painting can also take a few hours, so there is quite a bit of work that goes into these. but of all the new hobbies I've picked up in the last year or so, I think polymer clay modeling might be my favorite :blush:

any more clay models I make in the future will also be uploaded to this thread for everyone to see, so look forward to that!
These are so impressive! It's crazy how you have managed to turn your drawings into physical 3D models! They look so fantastic.

Do you mind me asking what brand of polymer clay you used? Did you find it easy to work with?

You did an amazing job! 🌟

20221021-100537.jpg
20221021-100548.jpg
20221021-100554.jpg

20220721-231239.jpg
20220722-213031.jpg

20221021-100618.jpg

20221021-100931.jpg
20221021-100938.jpg
20221021-100916.jpg

20220924-101818.jpg
20220924-220449.jpg
20220926-140929.jpg

20221021-095806.jpg
20221021-095817.jpg
20221021-095826.jpg

20221012-214922.jpg
20221019-170654.jpg

Wowwww
I love Sterling so much he looks so cool like a real official merch figurine lol
I can't believe you could do all these little details 🀩
I'm looking forward to seeing all your new polymer clay creations 😊

These are so impressive! It's crazy how you have managed to turn your drawings into physical 3D models! They look so fantastic.

Do you mind me asking what brand of polymer clay you used? Did you find it easy to work with?

You did an amazing job! 🌟
omg thank youuu I appreciate that sm πŸ₯ΊπŸ’–

I use a brand of polymer clay called Sculpey. there are a few different brands but when I did some research before buying products most people seemed to recommend Sculpey so that's what I've gone with. the clay I buy is kinda hard and I have to knead it with clay softener before I can use it, but it does work and bake really well :) there are actually softer variants of Sculpey available but I like the kind that I use, since I can control how hard or soft I need it to be.

haven't drawn anything in forever bc personal issues haha OTL

but this is one I've been wanting to do for a while and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I used the same coloring/shading method I used with Tina and I quite like the texture it produces! I also did some stuff w lighting that I think looks neat 😁 not to mention I needed an excuse to draw the fabulous and sassy Laurie again 😌
laurie.png

just for fun, here's the very first actual drawing I did of her way back in November 2011 for comparison (aka 11 years ago lmaoooo). it's crazy how years of practice can do wonders for art! πŸ’™
20524223_AB7HiidIsrwjV7s.jpg

that being said this is pretty darned good considering I was 12 when I drew it lol

I clicked on this thread and it immediately brought me to the clay pictures. It looks like official merch, honestly. I love it. I’ve been interested in clay but I have personally never tried it.

didn't do a whole lot w this one, just wanted to draw actual official art for Ajax (and ofc it's been a while since I last drew Flynn). these two are actually long lost brothers, but if it's not obvious Flynn is a good guy while Ajax plays for the side of the bad guys. maybe I could turn this into something πŸ€”
flynn-and-his-rival.png

I still consider this a pretty experimental art/shading style and I'm pretty happy w how this turned out but I think there is still room for improvement 😁

I decided to draw my NH player bc I love his getup (especially the moustache lollll)
mr-bug.png

now time to move on to my commissions :blush:

so the first of four commissions I'm currently working on is done this was a commission for @/Mars Adept, they asked me to draw Alex from Golden Sun wearing a floaty (bc the shoulder guards/pads look like water wings lol). I made sure to include the funny text I wrote to keep the context.
this is definitely not the kind of thing I usually draw so I may not have done this character justice in my art style πŸ˜… but I still like how it turned out!
alex-wearing-a-floaty.png

Back