• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia Miraculous Ladybug Cultists [Congrats Cult!]

I'm going to unceremoniously toss my vote on heyden here.

That being said, there's still some nerves jumping around this thread. Relax, if you're town, then the best thing you can do is be as transparent as possible. Hiding things usually benefits mafia. (Or in this case cult.)

So Day ends at 8pm, not 9pm right? Right, I need to remember this.

Anyways, since the game started at Night, that means someone was recruited by the cult last night right?

And how are we supposed to be able to trust your word, Endless? Not to antagonize, but we have no way of knowing who can and can't be trusted.

Threw a vote in because why not.

Last edited:
And how are we supposed to be able to trust your word, Endless? Not to antagonize, but we have no way of knowing who can and can't be trusted.

Ok so 1. You edited pls don't do that again. 2. You're being hypocritical in saying why should we trust endless, yet you followed what I said in voting toad, why?

Anyways, since the game started at Night, that means someone was recruited by the cult last night right?
Nope, read the setup notes again. Someone was targeted for recruitment, but they won't be recruited until day end.

See? This is exactly what I was talking about.

What I said can be clearly represented on a pros and cons chart:

Pros of someone being transparent for town:
Can be more easily read.
Less chance of obfuscating mafia (or cult) holding back for other reasons.
The more reads and ideas people are expected to produce the more chance mafia makes an error and gets caught. (As a rule, mafia can do nothing just as well as town can, so the more you do the better it is for town)
Unexplainable preference is better shown, which is useful when trying to peg a mafia (or cults) team-mates after they're lynched.
Legitimate reasons necessary for pushes.
Jumpiness of mafia (or cult) is better shown.
Play change after conversion is more noticeable.
The more content the more possibilities for inconsistencies.

Cons for town:
Blue roles (town roles with special abilities) are more easily readable by mafia. (Or cult.)
Mafia (or cult) can better eliminate threats or bluff threat elimination if they have a better idea of what everyone's reads are.

If you feel like there's a pro or con I missed, feel free to raise it. Otherwise, it is clearly shown that the pros outweigh the cons by far.

Ty daniel. But yes, don't edit, even if its just a grammar mistake. Double posting is allowed here :)

Most mafia players have taken up using EBWOP (or edit by way of posting) instead.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: it's used like this

Nope, read the setup notes again. Someone was targeted for recruitment, but they won't be recruited until day end.

Can be more easily read.
The more reads and ideas people are expected to produce the more chance mafia makes an error and gets caught. (As a rule, mafia can do nothing just as well as town can, so the more you do the better it is for town)
Unexplainable preference is better shown, which is useful when trying to peg a mafia (or cults) team-mates after they're lynched.

Cons for town:
Blue roles (town roles with special abilities) are more easily readable by mafia. (Or cult.)
Mafia (or cult) can better eliminate threats or bluff threat elimination if they have a better idea of what everyone's reads are.

If you feel like there's a pro or con I missed, feel free to raise it. Otherwise, it is clearly shown that the pros outweigh the cons by far.

Thanks for clarifying Endless.

I appreciate you explaining things, but can you perhaps refrain from using too much big words in overly complicated sentences because English is not my main language and I don't want to frazzle my brain nerves trying to make sense of your posts.

Thanks for clarifying Endless.

I appreciate you explaining things, but can you perhaps refrain from using too much big words in overly complicated sentences because English is not my main language and I don't want to frazzle my brain nerves trying to make sense of your posts.
I was actually trying not to use too many long words. I'm a failure at dumbing things down. :(

Transparent: a window is transparent. It means "able to see through". What I mean by "being transparent" is making what you're thinking as clear as possible for other people.

Obfuscate is being used as "making it harder to see" in that sentence.

Preference is favour. If someone shows preference for someone that's the same as bias. You can replace it in the sentence with bias.

Legitimate can be replaced with real.

ok ok, I won't make funny posts to try to hype up things for new players, dually freaking noted lol

Side note: Seroja's post seems to be an entirely genuine question, implying they didn't know how cult worked and are therefore not currently cult.

You could argue that she said it for entirely that reason, but I don't think it reads like that at all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

lets lynch endless tbh
I mean, if past games are precedent, this'll inevitabely happen within the first 3 days "because Endless would have been culted"

I was actually trying not to use too many long words. I'm a failure at dumbing things down. :(

Transparent: a window is transparent. It means "able to see through". What I mean by "being transparent" is making what you're thinking as clear as possible for other people.

Obfuscate is being used as "making it harder to see" in that sentence.

Preference is favour. If someone shows preference for someone that's the same as bias. You can replace it in the sentence with bias.

Legitimate can be replaced with real.

I don't need you to give me definitions, I understood everything in your post fine, but from what I read in the previous game (imprison the mafia) you tend to get carried away and string too many big words together when there are far more obvious choice of words that are easier to be understood that can be used to explain things.

It's not "dumbing things down" at all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Side note: Seroja's post seems to be an entirely genuine question, implying they didn't know how cult worked and are therefore not currently cult.

You could argue that she said it for entirely that reason, but I don't think it reads like that at all.

That's right, I did read the OP but I was still a bit confused. Thanks again for explaining it to me ^^

Can be more easily read.

Cons for town:

Just to make sure I'm following things, I'll rephrase these points (and ask about any terms I'm not familiar with in brackets).

- snip -
Pros - for town - of a player contributing as much and as openly as possible :

- contributing more allows town players to more easily "read" you (this is only good for town, not mafia/cult, right?).
- harder for mafia/cult to avoid contributing without town noticing - they do well when they can hide amongst town players who aren't so active (right?).
- players contributing = content, content = information to analyse, information to analyse = good for town and bad for mafia/cult. The more content generated, the higher the likelihood mafia/cult will make an error and get caught.
- (I'm confused by this point so going with my best guess) mafia/cult players may reveal unexplained preference/s for other mafia/cult players inadvertently due to the expection of generating content to pass as town ; if that player is caught and lynched then such preference/s is helpful to try and work out the remaining mafia/cult.
- (I'm confused by this point, too, going again with best guess) in a game where players are expected to contribute more, legitimate reasons - backed with evidence, logic, etc - will be necessary to justify "pushing" for any particular player to be lynched. In less content-rich games such pushes can escape scrutiny and be detrimental to town whilst also allowing mafia/cult to make such pushes to do further damage.
- the nature of the game - majority vs minority - will naturally leave mafia/cult more vulnerable to paranoia and unease throughout the game ; more content generated = more opportunities for odd reactions to occur and be noticed.
- changes to a player's gameplay will be more noticeable after they are converted.
- repeat from above, worth repeating : players contributing = content, content = information to analyse, information to analyse = good for town and bad for mafia/cult. The more content generated, the higher the likelihood mafia/cult will make an error or generate inconsistencies and get caught.

Cons for town:
- snip -
Cons - for town - of a player contributing as much and as openly as possible :

- (why are they called "blue roles" sorry? Is that significant?) players with special town roles will be easier to find and target (which I'm assuming is very bad from the context?) by mafia/cult.
- mafia/cult can more easily identify + eliminate threats (to them and their win conditions, right?) with more content from town players; they can also use this information to try to head-off suspicion from town players or bluff their way out of lynching.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood/missed anything, or would benefit from further clarification. I will start putting my initial "reads" together but I don't have a lot to work with right now. Which would be part of the point Endless made with the quoted post lol.

oooo I think you understood all the points perfectly.

Special town roles (i.e doctor, detective etc) are called blue roles because they are written in blue just like mafia roles are written in red. And in this case, the mafia/cult can also as easily bluesnipe (ie hunt for blue roles) based on reads posted by town players.

the second one I think, judging by town's reads, mafia can determine which players are the biggest threats to them and can then eliminate those players.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*(e.g. doctor, detective etc)

Getting town vibes from amanda for that post alone

To answer your question about blue roles - yes, it is significant. blue roles are town-sided - usually including a: doctor, cop, vigilante, veteran, etc who can use these abilities during night phase. What endless means by this being a con, is that players who are these roles tend to hint at it (by accident, in a defense, etc), and mafia (or the cult) can target them, thus making town weaker with a bunch of players who just have their voice and vote.

- - - Post Merge - - -

o oops seroja beat me to it

Back