• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia Miraculous Ladybug Cultists [Congrats Cult!]

Sigh, I guess ultimately I can't blame anyone else for this abhorrent lynch because if I'd been here at EoD I could've cemented a Tom lynch over probably the strongest blue role in the game.

I'll post a much larger post when I'm on my computer.

I don't like the sound of this. "trust meh."

Sorry I didn't get my vote in (not like it would matter much) I was away and I'm not used to the speed of this game.

well nighty night i guess

Sorry I didn't get my vote in (not like it would matter much) I was away and I'm not used to the speed of this game.

Actually it would've mattered (and always does) a LOT. Every single vote counts, and could've saved one of our strongest blue roles from being lynched.

Wow. That sucks. :/

Hmm. I have a question about the rules : the rules in post # 2 state that

You may vote for yourself. You may vote for no lynch. You must vote for an alive player in the game. You must vote

and 8 players didn't vote according to the final tally. I had assumed, incorrectly I now think*, that each player had to vote each day. I now take "you must vote" to mean at least once in the game, possibly in order to meet the win conditions (so if town wins, a town player who never voted will not have won as they didn't satisfy the criteria). Is this correct? What would trigger a mod-kill for inactivity?

*based partly on Fleshy unvoting with no replacement vote submitted, though the unvoting wasn't counted; and mostly that people weren't more vocal and explicit about the danger to town of risking so many mod-killed players in the lead-up to the end of the day deadline - especially with SO many inactive/barely active/new players.

Who would you have voted for please, and why? What are your reads so far? Any reaction to the two votes against you and the case supporting a lynch of you? Hopefully it's not too late for you to answer tonight your time - Google tells me your timezone (gmt-5) is around 8:30pm currently but I may have done something wrong there, timezone calculations are easily messed up lol.

:)

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP : by "the case supporting a lynch of you" I mean the things noted by myself in my initial read post # 266 and post # 307 in particular, which largely echo the questions/concerns raised by many other players. To be clear : I was not, and am not, sold on you being cult - but as I saw Damniel roleclaim before I cast my vote, and I found your contributions to be less beneficial to town overall compared with my only other logical option to vote for (Athena Cykes), I voted for you.

why the helllll did fleshy unvote
This is kinda throwing me off. Did you see Daniel's claim?
and of course i have questions about the mechanics of the game this is my first cult game how i am supposed to find the scum team if i don't understand how the game is gonna work ?
The questions regarding how the game works I don't really find off (unless they seem forced) but your reasoning here has me so confused. Idk the wording is off to me.
Ok people I want you to really think about votes before putting them down next day. No more voting just because, or whatever because then that ish is gonna build up and we won't be able to change or do anything 5 minutes before EoD

Unless you for sure know you will be back before said end of day. Daniel literally told us his claim and because people cast votes too early then didn't check to see them through or because others were too scared to vote, we lost a very important and strong role.
I'm hoping we can all agree to this.

To answer amanda's question (obv I'm not host so I'll let Kat formerly answer it) but the way most games work, is if a player doesn't vote 2x in a row, they are modkilled.

@Tom why would you bring up No Lynch, then when we question you about it, you say its a joke, but then in the end you did it anyways ?

@Tom why would you bring up No Lynch, then when we question you about it, you say its a joke, but then in the end you did it anyways ?

Would you have preferred I just threw my vote on someone I didn't mention or voted Toad so it comes off as omgus?

Would you have preferred I just threw my vote on someone I didn't mention or voted Toad so it comes off as omgus?

so mention who you would've voted for now. like what stands out to you the most?

Wait this game started?

- - - Post Merge - - -

legit no one told me in discord I'm offended.

where are you?
this is literally the only post you have made on this thread?
....like I understand life and stuff, but you haven't even given a snarky comment and I'm pretty sure you have been active around the forums.
'pretty sure' kek no evidence of this you didn't even try :eyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

where are you?
this is literally the only post you have made on this thread?
....like I understand life and stuff, but you haven't even given a snarky comment and I'm pretty sure you have been active around the forums.

Seriously ? It started over three days ago.
yeah I haven't been a bell tree at all and deleted discord yesterday, I have the flu off my mind because of homework and responsibilities, sorry.

Guys I overslept this morning, I forgot Day ends at 8am (my time) instead of 9am. Rip I'm so sorry! And the thread was locked when I got on so I couldn't post anything. It's lunch break now so I got to post something. Anyway, I will read and reread everything that happened while I was gone and answer any questions/comments that may have been made about me.

I've been busy today but just gonna quickly note
Fleshy- I feel like he's genuine and whatever, shame Daniel was lynched because his unvote was late but we can't do anything now
Athena- I dunno, she's pretty null for me at the moment and I don't really know what motivated her to vote Daniel??
Eleanor- Probably has no clue what's going on so thats great

Considering that we've lost most likely one of the strongest blue roles, it's a shame. But let's be honest, Daniel was already under the spotlight so early on, and there was no way he was going to be culted because he would be such a vulnerable lynch target IMO.
Am I the only one who finds it weird how Tom's 'reflecting' the last game and no lynching when he was town?? It just seems like he's trying too hard to look town or maybe I'm just overthinking it..

'pretty sure' kek no evidence of this you didn't even try :eyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah I haven't been a bell tree at all and deleted discord yesterday, I have the flu off my mind because of homework and responsibilities, sorry.

I saw you on discord, so I figured you were just purposefully avoiding the thread. Someone not responding until night 1 and you wouldn't be suspicious of them too?

I just find it hard to believe that someone can forget the game for this long. Surely you'd be reminded of the game when you got your role pm?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, sorry i didn't see you said that you hadn't been on the bell tree at all (im on mobile) rip. Either it's v convenient or v unlucky, you haven't posted anything about the game yet so I'm not sure which one

also tae didn't rly post much in the turbo mafia i think he's just addicted to overwatch LOL

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh i asked him about that! here u go

Thanks for this mogyay! I had seen it but felt the answer didn't really address my particular question, which you had also asked (and they ignored/whatever) - he answered the "mix it up" part, in a quite needlessly self explanatory fashion, but neglected the one thing I've seen bought up again and again : why can't he be ****ed doing that in this game? And the follow up others have asked : what "benefits"??

I don't know what to make of Heyden but hopefully there'll be more to work with soon.

I saw you on discord, so I figured you were just purposefully avoiding the thread. Someone not responding until night 1 and you wouldn't be suspicious of them too?
no. You can't generalize all people play Mafia like this. My meta as town, third party and Mafia; none of them is stay inactive for 3 days. When have you seen this with me before. Your inability to analyse me as a player in past games is horrendous. You had not one piece of evidence that I was posting in discord or on the forums because I wasn't it. So saying I was suspicious for avoiding be game when I've been off the internet for a while is idiotic. I have a life.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just find it hard to believe that someone can forget the game for this long. Surely you'd be reminded of the game when you got your role pm?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, sorry i didn't see you said that you hadn't been on the bell tree at all (im on mobile) rip. Either it's v convenient or v unlucky, you haven't posted anything about the game yet so I'm not sure which one
I think the first paragraph is really opportunistic.

Ok people I want you to really think about votes before putting them down next day. No more voting just because, or whatever because then that ish is gonna build up and we won't be able to change or do anything 5 minutes before EoD

Unless you for sure know you will be back before said end of day. Daniel literally told us his claim and because people cast votes too early then didn't check to see them through or because others were too scared to vote, we lost a very important and strong role.

I agree completely with this, it's hard because everything happens 5/10 minutes before EoD and it doesn't give anyone time to think or change anything. I'm /mainly/ responsible for Daniel's lynch due to not being fast enough, and I apologise for that, but if it had been thought about earlier and those who didn't vote voted, it would probably have been less of an issue, we've lost one of our strongest roles D1, so we definitely need to think about votes more,

I didn't have time to get them out last night, but I'll post my quick reads now(more in depth ones will come later):

Town Read: Amanda, Toad, Mog, Endless, Chrys, Curry, Heyden
Posts from these players all seem normal and nothing has made me think otherwise, Amanda has been really rather helpful and I feel like she's trying hard to scumhunt. Both Mog and Chrys posts seem normal and seem to reflect their play when town, although I do often struggle reading Chrys, I'm townleaning her for now. I was iffy about Heyden at the start and honestly I'm still not sure, but most of his recent posts seem genuine so i'm townreading him slightly right now. There's not too much to go off of with Curry but his posts also seem normal, and nothing stands out atm. I find Endless really hard to get a read on, but his posts are what I would have expected from him as town, nothing to suggest otherwise. I do think Toads reasoning for somethings in the game so far have been a little weak (like not scumreading dan based on a few things) but it turned out he was right, I think Toad is a good player and he usually has pretty correct reads and contributes well, which is exactly what I've seen in this game.

Null/Unsure: cpu, Tae, Panda, Seroja, Tasuot, Menchie
Both Menchie and Tasuot (and cpu, but that was explained I guess) haven't really contributed anything at all so it's pretty much impossible to make reads on them, is it possible for you guys to make some quick reads or something? I have no idea about Tae or Seroja at the moment, I need to look into both of them further and expand on it in my in-depth reads. As for Panda, something really does seem off about her posts, but she's explained why and it does make sense, I'm just not sure if I completely buy it.

Slightly Scum Read: entropy, Tom, Duck, Iwaseleanor, Wise
Most of Entropy's posts just strike me as a little off, the strong push to lynch Panda (I agree, to some extent, that she's acting slightly different, but still, it just seems odd). I struggle to read Tom but honestly his posts are just weird and it doesn't sit well with me, the whole NL thing, "lynch me", etc. i agree with other's suspicions on him, like Toad's statement "we said Mafia is someone probably contributing, but not saying anything. And Tom is doing that.... he has defended Hayden, but other than that I see no substance in his posts." (i agree about the lack of substance). Wise has pretty much not contributed in the slightest yet still voted Toad for no reason? it's just so weird, he also hasn't even been online in a few days, so I don't know if it's even worth focusing on him, but I'm still scumleaning him right now, until he posts a little more at least.

Back