Master Ball
Space Whale Plush
Strawberry Doll
Bee Plush
Clownfish Plush
Dino Plush
Sheep Plush

You found my 'Art' thread!
I am still continuing my quest to get good™.
I accept all criticism, tips and comments about how much I suck as an artist and as a person. Go wild, I can take it 🤷‍♂️

av.png

I really need to clean up this opening post some time.
For now: you can find my latest update in > This post here. <

@Pyoopi had a brilliant idea while we were discussing the new ACNH 1.10 wreaths:

1619786355134.png

And I just couldn't resist. Here it is!

Lion-resized.png

While we're at it, here's a drawing in the same artstyle that I did for @NefariousKing:

Nef.png

Spaceship egg?
20210404-234035.jpg

I made another drawy thingy to be my avatar for the fair! Here it is look

1602114938835.png

I drew a floaty astronaut:

1597527695263.png

And this was the result of me trying all kinds of buttons in a new art program while also setting a 1.5 hour time limit for myself:

1597527546299.png

That's it for now. More later, probably. <3

Last edited:
Your art is so good and you do not suck at all LOL you haven’t seen how my classmates draw. One thing I’d recommend for the first one is to study body anatomy. Even though these aren’t realistic drawings, anatomy works for anything and it’ll definitely help you a lot as an artist. They’re both really really cute. Keep it up! 👍

Your art is so good and you do not suck at all LOL you haven’t seen how my classmates draw. One thing I’d recommend for the first one is to study body anatomy. Even though these aren’t realistic drawings, anatomy works for anything and it’ll definitely help you a lot as an artist. They’re both really really cute. Keep it up! 👍

I agree, I should definitely practice proportions and poses a whole lot more... I could tell that this was going wrong when I was drawing it but at that point I was too far along to bother with trying to fix it (oops).

I don't actually draw that often, and that's a problem - I try to hide it by having photoshopped a whole lot of things in the past, and knowing how the buttons will affect the image. In any case, thanks! I will definitely keep trying. ^^ <3

I agree, I should definitely practice proportions and poses a whole lot more... I could tell that this was going wrong when I was drawing it but at that point I was too far along to bother with trying to fix it (oops).

I don't actually draw that often, and that's a problem - I try to hide it by having photoshopped a whole lot of things in the past, and knowing how the buttons will affect the image. In any case, thanks! I will definitely keep trying. ^^ <3
It’s ok, I don’t draw often either. I’ve always been naturally good at it (not flexing haha, that’s what people has always told me) but drawing more often would definitely help me improve. I’m getting an IPad soon and I’m gonna start doing digital art, seems exciting hehe

It’s ok, I don’t draw often either. I’ve always been naturally good at it (not flexing haha, that’s what people has always told me) but drawing more often would definitely help me improve. I’m getting an IPad soon and I’m gonna start doing digital art, seems exciting hehe

I get that, it's also something that comes pretty naturally to me! I just want to perfect it now. :D

An iPad for drawing does sound exciting! I might invest in a drawing tablet with a screen at some point. The one I use currently is one I borrowed, just to try this whole thing out. It does not have a screen though, and while I can sort of coordinate what I'm doing to the monitor, I do think it'll help being able to see exactly where you move your pen.

you literally don’t suck,, your art is so good omg :0

Thanks! ^^

Mick, I swear, you're v good already!! Cute style, I like it c:
As for some advice - study anatomy and proportions (as one person before me said), study work of artists you look up to/who have similar style to yours, learn color theory, get to know your art program and most importantly practice a lot (basic, but practice is essential, trust me)!! There is also lots of great youtube creators who share art knowledge, so I suggest looking this subject up as well (one of my personal favs is Ethan Becker). Good luck on your art journey ☺ 💗

Mick, I swear, you're v good already!! Cute style, I like it c:
As for some advice - study anatomy and proportions (as one person before me said), study work of artists you look up to/who have similar style to yours, learn color theory, get to know your art program and most importantly practice a lot (basic, but practice is essential, trust me)!! There is also lots of great youtube creators who share art knowledge, so I suggest looking this subject up as well (one of my personal favs is Ethan Becker). Good luck on your art journey ☺ 💗

Thank you so much! ^^

All of that sounds like pretty great advice and I will have to make sure to do all of those. I always hated studying so it's going to be rough, but I do know you're right... :')

For now, I drew myself an avatar for the TBT fair, here it is tadah

1602114973933.png

Last edited:
So the above avatar won an award. Wowee. I have temporarily updated it for the spooky season. It'll be back to all its adorable glory soon enough. For now though... Trick or treat? 😂
Space bear Halloween 400.png

I took a bit of a break after the fair, but I can promise you that I have been practicing like I promised! Unfortunately those were mostly just shapes and doodles and they're not really worth saving and/or sharing. For now I just want to put some of my fair art here, since we can't visit those boards anymore. ^^

Big shoutouts to Laudine for these line arts, colouring them was a lot of fun to do and if you click through these three you can see me slowly improving, it was good practice :D
Round 1 was a mistake but I definitely learned stuff. Like not doing what I did.
GRFvltF.jpg
I used actual colours this time! Improvement.
celeste-observatory-ch2.png
This one was my favourite. I'm pretty sure it used all the colours, and I started to feel like I knew what I was doing.
celeste-observatory-ch3.png

Also going to put the second round of the crazy dream thing here because while I rushed it a little bit (started on it way too late of course) I still really like the image I ended up with 😂 So here's my interpretation of the prompt to draw a "Neighbourly guardian":

Neighbourly-Guardian.png

Haha, dead thread goes 🚀 to the top~
But I have been practicing.
@Pyoopi had a brilliant idea while we were discussing the new ACNH 1.10 wreaths:

1619786355134-png.371920

And I just couldn't resist. Here it is!

Lion-resized.png

While we're at it, here's a drawing in the same artstyle that I did for @NefariousKing:

Nef.png

Finally, I'm going to leave the egg from the egg decorating contest here as well. 😄
20210404-234035.jpg

You should really consider opening a shop! I wouldn’t mind if you took a long time on commissions seeing how adorable 🥺 they turn out and I’m never in a rush for them. I prefer the artist do whatever makes them happiest about doing commissions and to make it enjoyable and as stress free as possible 🙂 (i am speaking for myself though). No pressure or anything. I just want to tell you I love looking at your art and the coloring for celeste’s observatory is so gorgeous 🤩. Regardless what you decide, I look forward to seeing more of your artwork if you get around to posting more 🙂😊.

(Image context: 'Master of Disguise' event banner, me, 2022)
Master of Disguise No BG.png

Ooh, big bump. It's been a while. I think I may have improved since that last post. I mean just look at Tia above - she's a little teapot.
Even if I haven't, I've drawn a lot of things in the last year so it's probably time to post some of that?

To start, here's some old art from the 2021 TBT World Championships, the last event I participated in before joining the staff team:
Piplup Signed.png

I actually like this one a lot. I spent basically no time on it and have no idea why it turned out as well as it did.

Whale.2.png

Another blue doodle

Spectrum.png

Not an artistic masterpiece, I just found it saved in a folder and still think it's funny. Go blue 💙

Sometimes, I draw my own character because I perpetually lack avatars. Some are semi-rushed and lazy, some are not:
Space 1.4 1000.png

Fun fact: back when I used a cropped version of this as an avatar, I had forgotten about eyebrows and couldn't figure out why it didn't look right

Jet pack b 1000.png

Made just after the ACNH 2.0 Update (Gyroids added, 2021)

bear.png

Camp TBT (2021)

fantasy mirror 2_small.png

TBT Fair 2022 (I wanted a space theme.png)

And sometimes I draw for others! I actually like to challenge myself in art exchanges.
Here is three years of Secret Santa progression. c:
Aspen.png

2020: -> Irescien
Man we've come a long way

StrayBluet Wren Signed 1000.png

2021: -> StrayBluet

Happy_Holidays_From_Mick_To_Renn_LowRes.png

2022: -> Jadetine
Tagging @jadetine because I actually meant to share this backgroundless version with her too, but I kind of forgot?
Merry 2nd Christmas! lol 🥳🎄
Renn_NoBG.png

I think that's enough for one post! I do have a lot more things to show (mainly from TBT event banners and such) but I'll save that for another time. 😄

Hm… maybe the space theme will happen next year! You never know.

And it always makes me happy seeing Jadetine’s OC in art! Not sure why.

Hm… maybe the space theme will happen next year! You never know.

And it always makes me happy seeing Jadetine’s OC in art! Not sure why.

Space theme or riot! Jadetine's OC was so much fun to draw. From one star bopper wearer to another: 10/10 outfit choice.

Harry (Hippotter) 2.png

Harry Hippo-tter

As mentioned in the last post, I have a collection of random drawings I made for TBT event threads over the last 1.5 years. I'm going to post some of them here because why not? The thing about event banners is that there is always more art to make for the events. There's definitely always a rush to get to 'good enough!' That said, I still love coming up with little stories and details to put in them.

Here's a spoiler with a few more miscellaneous things I drew for banners:
Gorgeous Glades Timmy Tommy.png

...Glades

Flora_only.png

This one was started 3 hours before our Valentines event went live

The Wishing Well Wisp.png

The Wishing Well

Jars_only.png

Cthwoolu (yes) and his two headed friend

celeste_blathers_only.png

From the very first banner I ever worked on

1673883852809.png

You might recognise these from a currently running event. :)
Printers, man, they never work when you need them to

1673883911759.png

And now for a completely different style lol, I will leave you with the statues from Camp TBT. I think in total, I worked on them for around 30 to 40 hours. It's hard to say, because I get distracted all the time while working, but drawing the separate pieces for their different stages of completion definitely added a lot of complexity and time. I'm very pleased with how it all worked out though! Shame these fell over and sank in the swamp.

statue11.png

So a while ago, jadetine asked me if I wanted to draw some banners for her art shop. I've always liked the bakery concept for that thread, so how could I refuse? I ended up having a lot of fun with these villagers and their props, you should check them out in jadetine's shop right here but since the actual drawings are much larger I figured I'd also post them to my art thread. Enjoy! :)
s_Chai.png
s_Redd.png
s_Merengue.png
s_Sprinkle.png
s_Tangy.png
s_Ketchup.png
s_Coco.png

It was nice being able to draw AC villagers without having to rush for a TBT event deadline for once. I'm super pleased with the results!

Back