• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia Mafia Disconnected [Unofficial ~ Night One!]

Yes PMs are good to get info from people whether you're town or mafia, but it leaves everyone else in the dark. It's a double edged sword. (is that the saying?) But idk I'm someone who's against PMs so I probably have a biased viewpoint.

It wasn't a double-edged sword when we lost in Frozen because of them. : |

As for PMs, there's no harm in looking for some things in this game, but we have to remember to be careful about other things.

So before I head to bed, I'd like to post a thought. From what I've gathered we all have known and unknown connections, and that connections are important to keep together for town, since mafia's goal is to 'disconnect us' rather than outnumbering or anything like that. But what do our connections do exactly and should we be protecting them or getting to know who is connecting to who? I for one think that it's probably beneficial for town to towntell and figure out who they should ask about connections since we need to keep our own together? Or do you guys think the risk of mafia figuring out the connections outweighs town's use? There needs to be some sort of approach figured out or we'll just lose.

@Blu: I don't have much strange feelings, doubt there will be a lot on Night 0.

Speaking of PM's, if the player is posting actively in the thread, I don't mind whether they PM or not, they can be really helpful at for finding scum. I, and I'm sure other people would appreciate it though if private information is revealed at some point in the game.

On the PMs subject, yeah, I agree with what's been said here. Also, as long as people aren't carelessly PMing the strong players without the thought that they might be mafia, then I'm not too fussed. I've missed PM games, even though nobody ever actually PMs me personally. =P

Bad feelings? The only one I've got is that people will be too trusting. I hope that people won't go forming PM circles with connections, assuming that they're town. We don't want what often happens where scum manage to KK sliiide into circles to get hold of information. Just be cautious.

Other than that, I'm good.

I think we should keep our connections together and let mafia figure it out because there is the possibility that we could have a connection with mafia without us knowing it. SP said its not impossible so there is the possibility.

After looking at my connections and the player list, I think there's a pattern as to who we're connected to... This might just be a coincidence, but I don't want to post the pattern that I think is there. Can somebody check to see if they notice anything with their connections? Thanks!

I think we should keep our connections together and let mafia figure it out because there is the possibility that we could have a connection with mafia without us knowing it. SP said its not impossible so there is the possibility.

Pretty much this. I think that if we can get in touch with our known connections and then keep linking each other, then town should know who the other town are in time. There's no reason why we should post the connections in the thread for mafia to see (although, that makes me think that this game's premise seems a bit easy - how exactly would mafia win we can just form a big pm circle? Maybe they have some powers that can muddle with our connections?).

Pretty much this. I think that if we can get in touch with our known connections and then keep linking each other, then town should know who the other town are in time. There's no reason why we should post the connections in the thread for mafia to see (although, that makes me think that this game's premise seems a bit easy - how exactly would mafia win we can just form a big pm circle? Maybe they have some powers that can muddle with our connections?).

Well like yui said due to pms circle some how mafia gets into does pm circle and get information because of it

After looking at my connections and the player list, I think there's a pattern as to who we're connected to... This might just be a coincidence, but I don't want to post the pattern that I think is there. Can somebody check to see if they notice anything with their connections? Thanks!
kindof, but I don't want to say it here.

hello!

ok, from what I've gathered, we are pming the people we have a connection with (?) because if we are connected with scum then they will get into the PM circle you want to form

hello!

ok, from what I've gathered, we are pming the people we have a connection with (?) because if we are connected with scum then they will get into the PM circle you want to form

People seem to be getting in touch with their connections from what I gather, but don't be too reckless and assume that your connections are all town. There's no way the host would make it as easy as PMing the people named in your role PM.

In other words, I'm pretty sure at least someone is going to be connected to mafia in some way. So just be careful, heh.

My main confusion lies in not who is connected to who, but how we are connected. Like what do our connections do to benefit us and how can we utilize them if we haven't been disconnected? Since that's what we need to protect from mafia.

Does mafia have more information about this than we do? I find it weird that only one person has reached out to me to start a PM exchange, given that I'm supposed to be a big target for tonight. If I survive I have some theories about it.

In other words, I'm pretty sure at least someone is going to be connected to mafia in some way. So just be careful, heh.

I'd bet my money on this, too. 3 of us (three is also the number of Mafia) are probably connected to Mafiosi in some way. Unless, for whatever reason, two out of the three Mafioso are connected, and are something like Mafioso Twins or something.
That'd be fun to lynch one.

I actually kind of want to have everyone claim who they are connected to, as to see who we might be losing if we lynch anybody, but that would also give the Mafia a "shoot-at-this-person" list. Ughhhh...

My PM doesn't specify if they are Town or Mafia, so I don't really want to PM them this early on. Hopefully people aren't too reckless this game.

"Come to me...Come to me..." was all Truffle could hear throughout the Night. Where was this voice coming from and who did it belong to? Truffle couldn't quite place his finger on it, but it felt as though it were identical to uncle's voice, but his uncle died five years ago.

Nevertheless, Truffle was overwhelmed with emotion hearing the voice of his uncle that he kept on the line listening.

"Come to me...Come to me..."

Truffle didn't know what his uncle wanted. How was he supposed to come to him? Truffle decided maybe he would find something at his uncle's gravestone and set off.

He didn't even stop to intervene when he saw all the life being beaten out of an elderly woman. He just kept on walking to the graveyard. He found his uncle's gravestone, but there wasn't anything unusual about it. His cell phone started to ring...

"Come to me...Come to me..."

Truffle couldn't take it anymore. He felt like he was going insane, so he dug a hole and buried himself next to his uncle's grave. After several minutes, he had gone unconscious and a crocotta came to collect his soul.

After leaving the graveyard after his tasty snack, the crocotta was caught off guard and senselessly murdered.

Truffle, the Sleeper Doctor, went to his uncle.
BlueLeaf, the Grandmother, was being ignored.

Blu Rose, the Crocotta, died with a full stomach.

Superpenguin said:
Sleeper Doctor

Does anyone in this town really need your help? Probably not. At least, you're not one hundred percent convinced yet. Maybe if you start seeing some deaths happen, you will break out your tools and start helping others stay alive.

Connections
ryan88 ~ Unknown
justice ~ Must die so you can become a Doctor

Superpenguin said:
Grandmother

You've lost touch with your granddaughter years back. You were in charge of watching her one night. You only went outside to take a tray of cookies out of the oven for a second, and when you came back, your granddaughter was gone. Luckily you had placed a tracking device in her skull when she was born, or you may have lost her forever. Now after years of tracking, you have found her in Bexington. Unfortunately, you don't know if she is still the good little girl she was growing up to be.

Every Day you will receive a report of who your granddaughter visited during the previous Night.

Connections
Cory ~ Granddaughter

Superpenguin said:
Crocotta

It's time to start devouring souls! There is a plentiful supply of people happily communicating with others in this small town which puts every soul in town on your menu. Every Night you may PM the Host with the name of the player you wish to kill. You win when you are in the final two with no other killing roles.

Connections
Cariad ~ Unknown

It is now Day One. You have 24 hours to decide who to lynch. With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Voting is down in this thread.

what the ****

- - - Post Merge - - -

and im in jail really

- - - Post Merge - - -

can we just...do this...
##VOTE: Ryan88

Yep, I think my twin is mafia, but at the same time she approached me about being twin upfront. : |

But I survived so something is up. I'll post more thoughts later.

Back