• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Made up character name vs your name

Do you make up a new name for your character or use your own?

• Made up name

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Your own name

Votes: 76 55.5%

• Total voters
I think I'll be rolling with my real name this time since I'll be playing with a few people I know IRL.

I'll be using my OC Rhythrin, of course. Though I do think I'll be using her nickname Rhyth for the AC world. I think it fits better/is cuter that way!

I usually go with a made up name, more than likely it'll be Aria as that's the name I usually choose!

I may go for something different though c:

I always use my real name when there isn't a default name for the MC (like Link in TLoZ, or Byleth in FE3H). Actually, I'm surprised there are so many people who use their real name, even in AC. I thought made-up names were more common.

I would like to use my own name, depending on character limit. My name is 9-letter long and I've always had to use a nickname or a made-up one in the previous games, so it'd be nice if I got to use my real one for once lol.

I plan to make one up. I have used a variation of my own name in a few of my AC games but I would prefer to make one up.

I'm using my own name because it feels more personal ad cozy for me, even tho I'm not a fan of it.

Hmm... I'll probably go with my real name (Millie/Amelia, Millie being a nickname), but I also wanna go with Milljane for nostalgia reasons. I think I'll do my real name for my main profile, and some other names for 4 other characters.

I personally never use my real name in video games, as I usually base my character off of it's own thing instead of myself.
The name I usually use in all games is Nova, and it's been that way for years. So Nova will probably be my first choice once again for New Horizons.

I use an internet alias.
I prefer a separation between the two, you never know who you will encounter online.

My real name is really long but I just had a daughter and am thinking of using her name and theming my town around it. Her name is Athena and I would name my town Greece. :)

I usually go with Liz (my real name), but then a couple years ago my husband started calling me Lizard and I liked it, so I'm probably going with that now. It's also my FFXIV character (Liz Ard) :p so...half my real name

Last edited:
I usually go with Liz (my real name), but then a couple years ago my husband started calling me Lizard and I liked it, so I'm probably going with that now. It's also my FFXIV character (Liz Ard) :p so...half my real name

Ha, that's cute

I usually use my own name, and when villagers ask to call me by a nickname I tell them they can call me "Jez".

I had a 2nd female character in some of my old towns that I might do again in NH, I really like how dynamic the hair movements are, and I'd love to just make a 2nd character with a 2nd home.

I have never used my real name in any video game. It's not that I don't like my name; I do!! I like it a lot. My real name really IS Carole and to me it is a terrific name to have.

But when I am playing a game, I want to retreat way off into the land of imagination and fantasy. So, I want to try other names and imagine what it would be like to really have a different name (in this case, while living on a far away deserted island).

Last edited:
Back