• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Auction 🍀🏝️ Liquidation Lot (Remaining PARADISE Collectibles Inventory + Extras) 🏝️🍀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buyouts have to be a set amount known by all from the start... so I don't think ti really works like that
but i don't blame you because the auction in general doesn't really explain what they mean by a buyout

Oh! I didn't know that! Thank you for informing me. There wasn't any real clarification on the first post aside from:
"Buyout: Offer (must be publicly posted in this thread to be fair to all participants)"

I assumed it was like EBay when you have the 'bid/auction' price and the 'buy now' price.

So how does this work now? Do I keep bidding! I'm unclear. If it is still bidding, then I bid 1000TBT

Buyouts have to be a set amount known by all from the start... so I don't think ti really works like that
but i don't blame you because the auction in general doesn't really explain what they mean by a buyout

Oh! I didn't know that! Thank you for informing me. There wasn't any real clarification on the first post aside from:
"Buyout: Offer (must be publicly posted in this thread to be fair to all participants)"

I assumed it was like EBay when you have the 'bid/auction' price and the 'buy now' price.

So how does this work now? Do I keep bidding! I'm unclear. If it is still bidding, then I bid 1000TBT

From: https://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?94559-The-Bell-Tree-Rules-amp-Guidelines

Auctions
Our auction guidelines apply to auctions of items and villagers in Animal Crossing, as well as auctions in the TBT Marketplace and Museum Shop boards. They are designed to keep auctions fair for both buyers and sellers, yet also give auctioneers freedom to create their own rules.

Rules for an auction must be clearly set and followed by both the bidder and auctioneer. Only bids posted in the auction thread may be accepted, even if custom rules are set by the auctioneer. As an auctioneer, if you wish to reserve special rights, specify your reason for doing so in your original post before bidding begins. Otherwise, the auction should follow all of the rules listed below by default.

Bidders are subject to accept all rules posted by the auctioneer. If a bidder disagrees with special rights reserved by the auctioneer, he or she should not participate.

Auctioneers may only accept bids that are posted in the auction thread. No PM or VM bids may be accepted.

Auctions posted on The Bell Tree should not also be made on another site. Not only does this waste the bidders' time, they should not be required to check another site for bidding purposes.

The end time of the auction should not be increased or decreased after it has already started.

The last person to bid on an auction within the scope of its rules and time limits is the winner. Auctioneers cannot choose another winner even if someone else makes a better offer after it ends.

Auctioneers are expected to see their auctions through to the end. Unless valid reasoning is provided, an auction cannot be canceled. Otherwise, the auction winner may give the host negative feedback for failing to complete the sale.

Winners are obligated to complete the purchase after they are determined to be the winner. If he or she backs out of the transaction, the auctioneer may leave negative feedback.

According to the rules, I do not see anything mentioning a set buyout so I did the offer approach like the "Best Offer" option you see on eBay auctions sometimes. The only difference from eBay is that the offers are public to comply with the rules (not to accept bids/offers over PM or VM for an auction). From what I can gather from the rules, the biggest thing is to not change the auction listing rules (especially the end date/time) after you start the auction.

Just in case if there is anything in question about this approach and until staff can clarify how buyouts are handled specifically (if they have to be set or not), I will not be accepting best offers for the time being. o/

Due to this, corlee1289 now has the highest bid at 1,000 TBT! :D There are now less than 4 days remaining in the auction. o/

Okay! Thank you for the clarification! I wasn't sure about it and assumed that I could go, "No more bidding! I want to buy at this amount of TBT".

Okay! Thank you for the clarification! I wasn't sure about it and assumed that I could go, "No more bidding! I want to buy at this amount of TBT".

You are absolutely welcome! :D Typically, you can do just that if the buyout is a defined amount. o/ I tried the "Best Offer" approach to try something new (since I haven't seen it done before on here) and also because I do not really have an amount I am seeking specifically for all of this stuff (I am doing an auction approach to provide a good opportunity for everyone to get a good amount of stock for a shop or to trade later on if they win).

From: https://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?94559-The-Bell-Tree-Rules-amp-Guidelines

Auctions
Our auction guidelines apply to auctions of items and villagers in Animal Crossing, as well as auctions in the TBT Marketplace and Museum Shop boards. They are designed to keep auctions fair for both buyers and sellers, yet also give auctioneers freedom to create their own rules.

Rules for an auction must be clearly set and followed by both the bidder and auctioneer. Only bids posted in the auction thread may be accepted, even if custom rules are set by the auctioneer. As an auctioneer, if you wish to reserve special rights, specify your reason for doing so in your original post before bidding begins. Otherwise, the auction should follow all of the rules listed below by default.

Bidders are subject to accept all rules posted by the auctioneer. If a bidder disagrees with special rights reserved by the auctioneer, he or she should not participate.

Auctioneers may only accept bids that are posted in the auction thread. No PM or VM bids may be accepted.

Auctions posted on The Bell Tree should not also be made on another site. Not only does this waste the bidders' time, they should not be required to check another site for bidding purposes.

The end time of the auction should not be increased or decreased after it has already started.

The last person to bid on an auction within the scope of its rules and time limits is the winner. Auctioneers cannot choose another winner even if someone else makes a better offer after it ends.

Auctioneers are expected to see their auctions through to the end. Unless valid reasoning is provided, an auction cannot be canceled. Otherwise, the auction winner may give the host negative feedback for failing to complete the sale.

Winners are obligated to complete the purchase after they are determined to be the winner. If he or she backs out of the transaction, the auctioneer may leave negative feedback.

According to the rules, I do not see anything mentioning a set buyout so I did the offer approach like the "Best Offer" option you see on eBay auctions sometimes. The only difference from eBay is that the offers are public to comply with the rules (not to accept bids/offers over PM or VM for an auction). From what I can gather from the rules, the biggest thing is to not change the auction listing rules (especially the end date/time) after you start the auction.

Just in case if there is anything in question about this approach and until staff can clarify how buyouts are handled specifically (if they have to be set or not), I will not be accepting best offers for the time being. o/

Due to this, corlee1289 now has the highest bid at 1,000 TBT! :D There are now less than 4 days remaining in the auction. o/

said what i said because if you've seen any other credible auction on here thats how a buyout is handled.... set from the start, not changed. Its not necessary to put a buyout in an auction, but if it is then it should be a well-defined, concrete amount. Whether its in the rules, thats what it means in every auction I've seen here. And its probably not in the rules because its not necessary for every auction.

Wikipedia definition: Buyout price – A price that, if accepted by a bidder, immediately ends the auction and awards the item to him/her.

makes absolutely no sense for what you mean in the sense of the definition of a buyout. If someone wants to bid their full and final and proclaim it, thats on them. If anything they shouldn't do that to keep other bidders aloof to their funds, but again... thats on the bidder. If you intended something else, then name it something else and define it better. There have been shady auctions in the past and we shouldn't have any gray area in them.

Wikipedia definition: Buyout price – A price that, if accepted by a bidder, immediately ends the auction and awards the item to him/her.

makes absolutely no sense for what you mean in the sense of the definition of a buyout. If someone wants to bid their full and final and proclaim it, thats on them. If anything they shouldn't do that to keep other bidders aloof to their funds, but again... thats on the bidder. If you intended something else, then name it something else and define it better. There have been shady auctions in the past and we shouldn't have any gray area in them.

An offer technically is buyout, it is just has variance to it (I only had the option available initially because I don’t have a specific amount in mind). In the end though in regards to this thread, it doesn’t matter now because I am right now seeking staff clarification on it on the public Ask Questions thread to reduce excessive posts on this thread. If you want to continue this discussion though, feel free to send me a PM. o/

i'm not joining but good luck to everyone who is!

You mean bid, right? Otherwise, I don't think your thing will count because he's not doing buyouts anymore.

ill buyout at 1001 tbt

You mean bid, right? Otherwise, I don't think your thing will count because he's not doing buyouts anymore.

I think they meant to say “bid” (considering that they only added 1 TBT over the former highest bid) so until they say otherwise, they are currently the highest bidder at 1,001 TBT and there are now just under 3 days remaining in this auction! :D

dare i say it.... im entering the auction! i doubt ill have enough to carry on but...

my bid is 1050 tbt!

There are now less than 27 hours remaining before this auction ends! Corlee1289 currently is the highest bidder at 1,300 TBT as of this post! :D

Today is the last day of this auction! :D I will be checking in again and bump again around 1 hour before the auction ending. o/ I hope everyone is having a fabulous day/night so far! :)

My friend Pennifer said she would help me with this auction to a certain amount, so 1340.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back