• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Left Handed, Right Handed, or Ambidextrous?

Which hand do you use?

• Total voters
Now, wait a minute. Either this is getting inappropriate amounts of lefties, or someone is skewing this poll, because only 10% is supposed to be left-handed...

Now, wait a minute. Either this is getting inappropriate amounts of lefties, or someone is skewing this poll, because only 10% is supposed to be left-handed...

Well, that's supposed to be the case, but out of my friends from school I was only one of two who were right handed out of our group of 6...2 of them came from the same primary school as me, and the other 3 came from a different school. It was really bizarre now I look back on it.
Our form tutor was ambidextrous and there was at least one other teacher that I knew about who was left handed. So this poll isn't much of a surprised to me. That's probably another reason I always tried to write with my left hand (and made a mess of it), being around my friends who were left handed, suppose in my child mind I was feeling left out. And there was always something cool about being left handed compared to my boring right hand. Doesn't bother me now obviously

This isn't a random sample lol. Questions like this will generally attract more of the people in the minority to respond simply because of how the human brain works. As a left-hander I'm used to being in the minority - although I've had random times where the left-handers and naturally ambidextrous have greatly outnumbered the right-handers. So the poll caught my eye when glancing at the list of threads here. This is because my lefty-ness has been a big deal throughout my life for various reasons. A right-hander is much less likely to have experienced such events and less inclined to see being right-handed as a big enough deal to bother clicking on this thread and voting. It's a well known and very consistent phenomena - this is why random samples are important when assessing prevalence of traits amongst the population, as those in the minority are so much more likely to voluntarily participate in order to share their experiences.

Hope that makes sense. I'm not saying that no one "cheated" or otherwise skewed the data in this poll, but the statistics in the general population are not going to be born out by a poll like this, except by mere fluke.

Last edited:
I am right handed, I had tried to make myself be ambidextrous in my younger years and I could write with my left hand but it would just take me forever.

i'm right handed, but i can write sort of decently with my left bc when i broke my right arm, i wasn't able to use it for the next 10-12 weeks and i sorta had to learn how to use my left or my grades would drop at school rip

Last edited:
depends. i'm right handed for the most part (especially writing/drawing) but with everything else, while my right hand's generally better at everything i can also use my left.

I can right with my left and right hands but i can write better with right hand, like a lot better, like ninety-nine percent better. When writing with my left hand, it's unreadable...

I'm right handed though I feel more comfortable doing some little things with my left hand, such as vacuum cleaning or when using a broom. I'm also told I lace up my shoes like a left-handed person, though I didn't know there was a specific way of lacing them up depending on whether you were a left-handed person or a right-handed, lol.

I'm right handed for most things, but I am left handed when I shoot pool, play mini golf, and throw.

My sister if left handed in general though. ^-^

I'm right handed for the most part, but I'm starting to become ambidextrous in order to play guitar well.

People that are left handed are special, and i'm one of them! Yay!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yikes, I never knew that right handed people are very common.

I remember when I was younger I used to be jealous of people who were left handed for some reason lol

Ambidextrous

I write with my right hand, mainly because as a child my chinese teacher told me that right hand writing was more sophisticated.
I usually play all sports left handed except volleyball.

leftie here, but I'd love to be both :)

Back