• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Knowing when to let people go

I had this friend who I'd know since I was 4 and I considered her my best friend, (Although she always said she had no best friend) She wasn't particually loyal to me and would laugh at me when I got upset or angry. When we started senior school, we were split up. I tired talking to her and emailing her but she just didn't want to be friends anymore. Cri. Soon I became friends with these 2 other girls and it was awesommmeeeee. About a year later she started blanking me. I'd always wait for her after lessons but that time she glanced at me and walked off with another girl. Dammit. In class I could hear her talking about me with my other friend. x_x I'd try talking about it to my 2nd friend but she just didn't answer any of my questions. No one seemed to care. Break sucked so I started hanging around this weird dirty kid who liked to prank call ChildLine and randomly start hitting me. xD Then she kept doing creepy sht like grabbing me and shoving me into doors and into teachers IDFK. Soo I stopped hanging around her. And...that's it i guess lol
I'm sorry this was really long don't hurt me

In my opinion it's better to have a load of not so close friends. It just makes things easier.

When we're not enjoying being around each other, they make me feel bad about myself, we don't talk very much/have little interest in talking to each other.

It can be really easy/hard to cut people off, depending on how attached you are. I usually do it if someone has no positive contribution to my life, is genrally a jerk, or just dosent make an effort to talk to me. Though I really just feel bad if the person I cut off had no bad blood with me. I had a friend years ago whom I considered my best friend, we were always going to each other's houses, having sleepovers, laughing ect. When she moved away, we still stayed in contact, but didn't talk as often. Then when we both hit middle school, had diffrent classes, and drifted apart. Nothing bitter happened, we just stopped talking. I wouldn't consider her an enemy, but she isn't really a friend to me now that I haven't seen her in years. I haven't had a BF since.

Things like this are especially awkward with family. My uncle stopped talking to my mom over a dispute and hasn't spoken to us in almost three years. Basically every time he's around he won't say a word, no matter how much we try. At some point, you give up trying and just accept that that person no longer wants to be a part of your life, and move on.

If you're finding yourself feeling more negativity than positivity with a specific person, then I think it's time to address the issue by either trying to work on whatever is wrong, or just letting them go.

I get tired of people pretty quickly. Not saying it's a good thing. I'm terrible at forgiving and hold grudges for ridiculous amounts of time, so letting people go happens all the time. I usually just stop communicating with them... I usually end up regretting it too.

in the past i didn't let go even after a break up. After my last relationship or whatever I've become quite cold so I don't get attached to people anymore. Meaning I never "let go" because there is nothing I'm holding on to. I've lost a few friends for being this way, but I still have my best friends

Back