• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

January 1st, 2016-The One Year Animal Crossing Challange Thread

Hi! As I said in the "unnoficial" thread, I'm in!

I'm Mayor Nina of Shambhala. My town has cherries as its native fruit, and my villagers are Anchovy, Broffina, Curt, Pompom and Teddy, and Kidd has already plotted his house and will move into Shambala tomorrow. I think they're all decent villagers! :)

I'm going for a foresty theme this time, maybe mixed with a Zen style too since Shambala is the name of a Buddhist hidden paradise. However, I'll decorate my house as a "normal" house, I mean, with a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom, and so on.

It's good to see that there's a fair amount of people in here! :)

It's happened a lot. Just a glitch. I don't think there's much the mods can do about it, though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay. I figured it out :D
I'll be Mayor Acid of Jolranch.

Since I managed to get a map I like on 1/1, I guess I'll get in on this!

Town name: D'ni
Mayor: Ti'ana

Is it ok if i join? I've found a good map, so ill edit this when i can put it on here :)

Mayor Rose of Sherwood.

Villagers: Violet, Croque, Cranston, Aurora & Peggy
Fruit: Cherries
Train Station & Town hall: Both green!

& very happy with my town layout and it was one of the first ones that popped up so didnt have to search ages for a town i liked. XD

View attachment 160556

Hi! As I said in the "unnoficial" thread, I'm in!

I'm Mayor Nina of Shambhala. My town has cherries as its native fruit, and my villagers are Anchovy, Broffina, Curt, Pompom and Teddy, and Kidd has already plotted his house and will move into Shambala tomorrow. I think they're all decent villagers! :)

I'm going for a foresty theme this time, maybe mixed with a Zen style too since Shambala is the name of a Buddhist hidden paradise. However, I'll decorate my house as a "normal" house, I mean, with a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom, and so on.

It's good to see that there's a fair amount of people in here! :)

personallyidliketoseeitstickiedbutyknow

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh god the multiquote

I got a really good map layout with pretty nice villagers. But my god there were so many rocks. They were literally everywhere spread out in all the areas I'd like my house.

To be honest, in the next game I just wish they'd take out rocks, or at least let you place your house over them. It's so annoying

~Day one - 9:55 AM~​
So, I woke up (cats), only got about 6 hours of sleep, but instead of sleeping, I decided to get on Animal Crossing and my computer.

I got out, and as I already logged on, I didn't get the mail from Pete. I went to the plaza to get the gift from Isabelle. A monkey! I like monkeys, so it's all good!

aRzXF7T.png

I still haven't met all my villagers yet, so I'm planning to do that later.

I checked the stores, there was a shovel and net in the Nooklings, but if I bought both I would only have 100 bells left, so I bought the shovel and left. There wasn't anything in Ables to change my shirt and pants, but I found a cat hat for 480 out of my remaining 600, so I got it. I put it on so I don't have to deal with the ugly hairstyle.

irPLjra.png

~Town Info~​

Town name - Petiel
Mayor name - Summer
Fruit - Peaches
Grass - Circle (or star snow)
Villagers - Del, Elmer, Pancetti, Vesta, Axel
Train station - Red
Town hall - Birch and green
Waterfall - South
Beach - Split, all accessible

Last edited:
I got a really good map layout with pretty nice villagers. But my god there were so many rocks. They were literally everywhere spread out in all the areas I'd like my house.

To be honest, in the next game I just wish they'd take out rocks, or at least let you place your house over them. It's so annoying
yes plz
havent even found my ideal map once yet hhhahhahh hah... hah...

- - - Post Merge - - -

~Day one - 9:55 AM~​
So, I woke up (cats), only got about 6 hours of sleep, but instead of sleeping, I decided to get on Animal Crossing and my computer.

I got out, and as I already logged on, I didn't get the mail from Pete. I went to the plaza to get the gift from Isabelle. A monkey! I like monkeys, so it's all good!

I still haven't met all my villagers yet, so I'm planning to do that later.

I checked the stores, there was a shovel and net in the Nooklings, but if I bought both I would only have 100 bells left, so I bought the shovel and laft
Who are your villiagers?

I'm also doing challenge! I already got my town created and map resetted, but I won't get my wifi fixed until my cousin-in-law is free :c. My town is called Sprout and my mayor is Sage ^-^.
Am I qualified? c:

Last edited:
I got my bells from the rock and also an ore from a rock and ore was on premium today, so all that added up to around 12000 bells! I can pay off my tent first day, which is nice.

Edit: Here's my map!
WVW69iu_9U4kUC41wk

Last edited:
I got my bells from the rock and also an ore from a rock and ore was on premium today, so all that added up to around 12000 bells! I can pay off my tent first day, which is nice.
Trundle you play animal crossing?!
Well good job ^_^

I'm going to be participating in this as well, I think. I've been resetting on & off for the past few weeks, so maybe this will help me settle on a town.

I'm sticking with Mayor Roh of Aspen, though. I'll come back later with my town map and such.

yes plz
havent even found my ideal map once yet hhhahhahh hah... hah...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Who are your villiagers?

Sorry! Accidently pressed done when typing more. Added all town info :)

I think I will participate as well. Need to play on my old 3ds which is a bum but should still be tons of fun!

I will reset my town now, Mayor Jacob of Newtown. : D

I found my map!
Mayor Tamsyn from Sakura
IMG_1404_zpsxgnc5i26.jpg

Peaches- I wanted peaches
I like where everything is
SQUARE GRASS :(, but I can sacrifice that.
Good starter villagers

I found my map!
Mayor Tamsyn from Sakura
IMG_1404_zpsxgnc5i26.jpg

Peaches- I wanted peaches
I like where everything is
SQUARE GRASS :(, but I can sacrifice that.
Good starter villagers

Circle grass > Square grass > Triangle grass (blech)

I got circle grass. Not sure how I feel, but I'm not too picky about it. I'll post some pictures soon!

(at least i think it's circle, it's stars right now)

Last edited:
92Fwbny.jpg

Here's my town map. I've decided to make it a bit more nature based due to the ponds, but I love it, and I'm super happy I got Tangy again <3

(I put my house next to the bridge in the river dent)

Last edited:
Day 1.1

Fruit: peaches
Villagers: Gloria, Pate, Molly, Prince, Kody (3 ducks by accident)

Found the Perfect Peach already, going to plant it as soon as I get a shovel
Town is looking good thus far : D

92Fwbny.jpg

Here's my town map. I've decided to make it a bit more nature based due to the ponds, but I love it, and I'm super happy I got Tangy again <3

(I put my house next to the bridge in the river dent)

Maybe you should have jacob's ducks with the amount of ponds there :O

most frustrating part of this: not being able to do anything because of new years

Back