• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Nope, Raymond, I don't think about what it'll be like in 5 days or 5 years. I'm as pessimistic and cynical as they come, and the future is all shades of bleak to me. I can't see it any other way. I'm not growing older gracefully at all. I'm kicking and screaming all the way. 😡😩🤪
june20-future.jpg

But, look who turned up! I see him moving to our island in the near future. 😃
june22-lucky1.jpg

It was so meant to be! Our fated meeting was written in jelly! That rhymed.
june22-lucky2.jpg

june22-lucky3.jpg

Actually, it took me 50 minutes of dogged persuasion (and resetting) to get him to move in. Fuchsia, Lolly, Wolfgang, Octavian, Joey and Raymond's names kept popping up. Repeatedly. I would have gone with a jock. I have two jocks right now and I really only need one. But neither was mentioned. So I gritted my teeth and had to let someone on that list go. It's okay. We've made many happy memories! ♥

It was raining cats and dogs today! Somehow, for Marshal, it brought back memories of the Ketchupocalypse! 🤪
june24-marshalk1-tile.jpg

In other news, I made more imaginary album covers. It's still fun. I have so many old screenshots I want to turn into covers but I have little time these days. I'm playing a new RPG with tactical turn-based combat called Wildermyth and I'm in love with its narrative-driven nature. Your characters may fight, love, have children and age. They can also die in combat. Choices definitely matter. Can't wait to jump back into it!
albums-6b-tile.jpg

Flick doesn't complain, but it's really tiring running the Bug-Off! I certainly had fun. Even though I don't need more bug-off prizes or money, I still enjoyed catching the bugs. (I don't take part in the fishing tournament anymore.)
june26-flick4.jpg

And Joey loved the bug-off as much as I did. 😁
june26-joey1.jpg

june26-joey2.jpg

Today I learned that you can get two campsite visitors in two weeks! 😮 I was certainly surprised. After all, I'd moved Lucky in just last week. I took a peek at my camper today and decided I wanted her to live here for a while. She's a peppy, and I don't have any peppy right now. But I had to spend over an hour resetting. 🥴 Raymond, Joey, Marshal, Claude and Fuchsia's names kept popping up and I wasn't letting any of them go! It's Dom who's moving. Dom's been with me for over a year. We're great friends, Dom, and I will never forget you. ♥
june28-dom-leaves1.jpg

june28-dom-leaves2.jpg

Someday, Dom! We've made so many happy memories together. It always made me smile to see you zooming around Littlestar without a care in the world. Write often and tell me all about the circus life, won't you! 😊
dom-collage-b-tile.jpg

Look who were zooming around at the plaza this morning! I took too many screenshots like I always do! 😁
june30-sprocketlucky5-tile.jpg

I paid a visit to my newest peppy move-in. Her house exterior is nice. I like brickwork and warm tones.
june30-wendy-house.jpg

Where I live, on average, we experience 168 thunderstorms per year. A lot of the time, we get plenty of lightning with the thunder. Occasionally, on days when the sky is blue, the clouds are white and fluffy and the sun is shining, we get thunder. It's pretty weird. 😅
july2-lightning.jpg

Really, Wolfgang? 😆 In that case, anyone going to sleep thinking of me would wake up to a day driven by rain most melancholy, chased by winds of self-doubt and roaring claps of despondent thunder. 😬
july3-wg1.jpg

july3-wg2.jpg

It rained cats and dogs! Found Flick wandering around in an area of my island that's pretty much just grass, trees and lily of the valley flowers. It's not accessible to my islanders. But I suppose Flick has his ways. 😏
july8-flick2.jpg

Later I visited Lucky and discovered that Claude was visiting. We traded graveyard jokes all afternoon! 💀😁
july8-lucky-friends-b.jpg

This game goes through periods when no one comes camping and no one wants to leave. Now I'm going through a phase where I get a camper every week and every other day it seems someone wants to go adventuring. Lucky just moved in 3 weeks ago! Naturally, I forbade him going anywhere.
july13-luckynomove.jpg

In other news, cancel culture has arrived in Littlestar and Marshal is the very first victim. So glad I caught this conversation! 😆🤪
july13-marshalf-tile.jpg

It's been raining so much lately! But this wet state of affairs did inspire me to go back into my old folders and look at the pictures I've taken on rainy days. These are a few of my favourite ones. ☔
rainydaysagain-tile.jpg

I get it, Lucky. I mean, I like the idea of wind chimes. A lot of them look nice. I love the colourful ones. I even like the tinkling sounds. But I would not buy one or hang one up. It would drive me nuts. 😅😑
lucky-windchimes-tile.jpg

Back