• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Random Perplexing Question of the Day: Why is Marshal sitting under a tree and chomping on his chocolate ice-cream so good to watch? 😅
marshal-mmmicecream.jpg

This week's camper surprised me. But I'm not looking for a snooty at all.
july19-camp-ankha.jpg

In other news, I have a new Razer Huntsman Mini 60% keyboard and I'm in love with its space-saving, minimalistic style. The crisp clickety-clack of the keys when I type is sooo addictive. I love hearing my keyboard talk! 🤪

That's right, Joey! It's okay that not everyone shares your excitement. Happens to me all the time. I've always been the weird one. None of my friends like modular origami or manga. My husband and son aren't excited about horror fiction or jigsaw puzzles or cats. When I find a jumping spider I've not seen before at the window and can't stop saying how cute it is, they just look at me with long-suffering eyes and change the subject. 😄🤪
july24-joey-bugoff.jpg

Reactions: Fye
I was all excited about the fireworks and I ran to the town hall to say hi to everyone and the first thing Raymond did was give me a sparkler! I wasn't expecting it at all. ☺
fireworks-ray1.jpg

fireworks-ray2.jpg

I had fun! This is my favourite type of fireworks to see. 🎆
fireworks-2021.jpg

Bubble tea, as it's called in my corner of the world, is very popular. Bubble tea shops are everywhere. I can't drink it though. The last time I did, it was violently ejected after a couple of hours. It could be the milk or the tapioca pearls--or both--that my stomach finds disagreeable. I have no idea. I just know I won't drink it again. 😫😬
august2-bobateawithlucky.jpg

Sometimes I forget that there's a bright and happy place in the museum which reminds me of the time when I was chasing and photographing butterflies and all manner of insects for my 365 project. I learned so much. It boggles my mind that, when I look at my old photos now, I still recall exactly where I'd shot this jumping spider or that red weaver ant, when I can't even remember what I had for lunch 3 days ago. 😆😊
museum-butterflies.jpg

I was just being curious, wondering if there was any new and interesting dialogue to be had, so I gave Raymond a cotton candy. I don't think he was particularly impressed.
aug4-cc1.jpg

aug4-cc2.jpg

aug4-cc3.jpg

You know that awkward face you make when you feel both excitement and disappointment in the same instant because you see what you want but know you don't need it? I (not my island rep, who is incapable of anything but pure optimism, a quality I do not and will never possess) made that face walking into the tent today. 😍😩
aug5-campsite-soleil.jpg

I like the way Soleil looks. She's adorable! But I don't need a snooty. I told myself I don't want snooty villagers anymore. (And of course, in the past weeks, the campsite kept giving me snooty animals because I don't have any on my island.) I've had them before (like Becky, Greta, Maelle and Tasha) but I just didn't like them after interacting with them. What to do. The temptation is strong. Well, I guess I have the rest of the day to decide. 😑 In other news, Fuchsia surprised me with another story I had not heard of. Her personal background is crammed with, I believe, a literal ton of anecdotes about her family/relatives/friends/childhood/school/jobs/habits/life experiences. None of the other villager personalities even comes close. 😲🤪
fuchsiapresent2-tile.jpg

Regarding Soleil. I did go back. I told myself I'd give it a shot. As long as she picked the one villager I had in mind. Insurmountable odds, right? Usually I have to reset 8-9 times before I get the name I want or I give up. Yesterday, I thought, if it was meant to be, it'd happen. One shot. Talked to Soleil, played a game, I won, she checked with Resident Services, said the one name I needed to hear. I've never had such a fuss-free camper move-in before! It was meant to be. And so we say goodbye to Wolfgang, our island's Most Voracious Reader, who always greeted me with "You look delicious!" Wolfgang, you'll be missed. You were cranky and funny and I'll miss seeing you reading your beloved books everywhere. I'm glad I have so many snapshots of you to remember you by! ❤
wg-montage-tile7.jpg

Soleil's catchphrase is the best! It's such an antiquated word. I haven't read or heard it in decades. If AC wasn't family-friendly, I can imagine her saying quite a different thing. Or maybe it's just me. 🤪
aug8-tarnation2.jpg

In other news, Fuchsia reminded me of how I have big microbe plushies sitting in a cupboard somewhere. 😅 They are Moyashimon plushies. Super cute. I bought them from Yahoo Japan auctions more than 10 years ago because I thoroughly enjoyed the anime. When I like an anime series a lot, I tend to buy the merchandise. My latest acquisition are 12 Jujutsu Kaisen posters. They are up on my wall where I can see them as I type this. ❤
aug8-fuchsia-amoeba1-tile.jpg

Occasionally I wonder why I'm still having fun popping into the game and seeing what my islanders are up to every day, even after a whole year of playing, without any new events on the horizon. And the only answer that is apparent to me is this: I do it for the animals. I like seeing them, talking to them, taking snapshots. They make me smile. ☺
aug10-tile.jpg

The only other game I'm playing every day is Wildermyth. I've sunk more than 300 hours into it. And I've become inordinately attached to some of the characters I've created with whom I've played multiple campaigns. Currently, I'm chasing the achievement for killing 1,000 monsters with a single hero. I'm doing it with my favourite mystic, who has an adorable "goofish peacemaker" personality. (You can give many different personalities to your characters, which affects their dialogue and interactions with one another.) We've dispatched 900+ monsters so far. Just a little more to go!

Welcome to my reality, Fuchsia! It's hot and humid every day, all day, all year. If you could see it, my brain is probably a lovely shade of baked golden brown. 😑
aug13-hothumid.jpg

Also, Joey, I think you're very mature. You're calm and collected and you seek to adapt. If someone had told me I wasn't very mature, I would say... something I cannot repeat here because this is a family-friendly site. 😬
aug13-mature1.jpg

aug13-mature2.jpg

When I grow up, I want to be like Joey. ❤

Back