• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Is your state opening up? Do you agree with it?

peachmilke

sproutling
Bells
Switch
3953-1023-4525
New Horizons Token
Cherry (Fruit)
I was curious to see people's views on this. My state is slightly open and I have mixed feelings. I don't want to see coronavirus resurge as someone who is relatively high risk (I have pretty bad asthma, when I get sick with something it becomes VERY bad- I had to have an at home nebulizer and missed a lot of school due to it). I was planning on getting a job this summer, but decided against it due to this reason (my mother/sister agree with this, although my dad does not because gloves/masks are a thing [that only go so far]). It sucks putting my life on hold because online classes don't mesh well with me either, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. What about you guys?

I think my state is beginning to open up a little. I'm going to be pretty bummed when I have to go back into work. There's no point for our department since we take calls and we've been able to do so efficiently from home. The building we go back to is the company's headquarters so it's pretty packed, but they are taking the steps to follow the safety guidelines for social distancing and such. I still think it's too early, but the economy has to start back up at some point.

My state was one of the foolish ones that began reopening in early May. My family and I are all in complete agreement that it's not safe to go out anywhere so even though things are open, we are still behaving like the lockdown is in place.

Michigan isn't openning fully until June 12. I don't think it needs to be closed in all counties though, especially since the areas with a heavy issue are in the South Eastern part of the state and most other areas are completely unaffected by illness and the lockdown is hurting economically.

Parts of my state are opening. I live in Los Angeles were still in phase 2 while other areas are already moving onto phase 3. There's still cases of covid so I really don't know what they're thinking. While I want my fave shops to open because I really miss shopping and my list of I need to buy is piling up I'm already feeling desperate of opening up but I also know it's not a good idea either and we should still be taking precautions.

My state is slowing starting the first phase of opening things back up and I think the way they're doing things is fine. We can't keep things shut down forever and we don't know if/when a vaccine will be available so it makes sense to open things back up as long as precautions are taken. I think that businesses need to practice social distancing and if they choose to require face masks and/or gloves, I hope people will abide by the rules. But there also need to be continued provisions in place for at-risk individuals to stay at home without fear of losing their jobs and livelihood.

I really like the way my company is handling things personally. They are not planning to open the building back up until September at the earliest, even though the state is starting to open things in June, because we are already working from home and it's working out for most people. When they do open up, they will be bringing people back in phases and people will have the option of returning or not depending on how they feel. They are not pressuring us to do anything that makes us feel unsafe. I wish more companies across the country were implementing these types of policies.

My state opened up a few weeks ago and our numbers are climbing now because people keep going out and partying. I only leave my house for work and to get groceries for my hubby and I. And people still walk around without social distancing and without masks in large crowds. It's fine If It's a small group but people need to be respectful of others during this time. While the covid may not effect them badly, It can effect others and may cause the death of a person without knowing It which is why these rules should be taken seriously. I really believe we should of stayed closed until at lest late June and It wouldn't be this bad. Of course that's just my positive mind hoping for that but still..It sucks. >_<

My state is opening up and there are tons of crowds of people gathered in popular spots and the worst part about it is they aren't wearing masks or gloves. also yesterday we reached a peak where we had more cases in just one day than all of them before combined. I hate this so much. Especially ignorant people who want to protest their "freedom". People can't handle staying inside for a couple of months yet you have these poor animals/children in cages for probably the rest of their lives.

In Australia, my state has done very well in stamping out the virus, the only cases still happening are from people that have come from overseas and they're forced to go into quarantine in a hotel as soon as they enter the country so no huge danger to the wider public.

We have just started opening up the state again but the borders between the other states are still closed cause people are still getting sick in the east.

My state just started the reopening process and I have mixed feelings about it. I hated shopping before and I definitely won’t be excited to wait in a line all the time just to get into a store to buy clothes.. also the whole wearing a mask at the movie theater/Restaurant confuses me. I think once restaurants do open for dine-in I won’t go right away and will wait for things to calm down a little.

I've been taking a news break but my state is reopening to a safer at home order, it has been for some time already. One of my friend has a new job now so that's a sign that things are starting to open up. I do agree with it, I feel like we need to be cautious but this whole lockdown has been awful and I just want everything to return back to normal as soon as it's safe.

We're moving into the next phase of reopening on uh Monday?
I'm honestly pretty disconnected now.
I've been working since it all started, and my job involves me driving and being around Chicago / Chicagoland / cook county. So I've been too busy just trying to keep up that I don't really know what's up with lockdown (except that traffic is better and obviously our work protocols).

I've always maintained that people simply aren't going to listen once the weather breaks (which is happening now). So there's not much point in trying to continue a hard quarantine, because people won't do it.

For weeks now, I see LOADS (100+) of people at parks. They park their cars 2 feet away from each other so they can all fit in these parks. They all walk next to each other and don't wear masks.

I hate to sound so despondent, but if you can't stop people from piling on top of each other at a park, why stop them from working?

It's gonna be an absolute **** show when everyone starts going back to work too. The traffic, car accidents are gonna be off the charts. People who haven't been to work and realizing they didn't do 1/2 of what they needed to while telecommuting. Some of the people I talk to in my industry who have been working from home for ~2 months are so scared to go back to work too. I feel bad for them, I mean we should all be careful but some of them have just gotten completely wrong information during their quarantine times. It will be really interesting to see how it all turns out.

I personally always hated going to restaurants and just randomly shopping so again I feel really disconnected to those places opening. We've been GREATLY supporting our local restaurants through their delivery services ha.

People around here get stir crazy and a bit nuts in the summer. This weekend 49 people were shot (10 died) in Chicago. You should see 4th of July weekend. Unfortunately the virus won't stop anyone from opening us up for the summer.

my state is slowly opening up, and i fully blame the people who keep signing dumb petitions. the governor just decided to let people have graduations in person because of these petitions, and our state is one of those who got hit the hardest with the pandemic. i live in a family of health professionals, and it infuriates me that people are still demanding for things to be allowed, like graduation and gatherings, when the rates are finally declining. nurses, doctors, and essential workers are risking their lives everyday, and these people are throwing tantrums just because their little johnny can't walk across a stage in front of everyone and get one piece of paper.

i know that there's going to be a second wave in my state with how the governor keeps giving in.

My state is opening back up pretty slowly, and personally I think it’s fine.

I’ve been to the mall and about half of the stores are open. Most of them require masks for customers to come inside and they don’t let you in the changing rooms either. I’ve also been out to eat at a restaurant and honestly it was fine. The staff all wore masks, menus were all online, customers were seated far apart form each other in the dining room, and everything was impeccably clean. I was super impressed by how they disinfected everything once someone was done with a table!

I also went to pickup some glasses at an eyeglass store and they took my temp and I had to sign a waiver saying I hadn’t had contact with anyone who was covid positive. Obviously can’t speak for everyone, but I feel like this is an appropriate pace to move forward at. :)

My province is slowly opening. My main concern is with all the people who think that because we're slowly opening, things are alright. Many people are heading to the parks or beaches and forgetting about social distancing guidelines! For example, people are starting to forego face coverings and are starting to forget to keep distance even in shops and such.

My family helps takes care of my grandparents and we do not want to risk getting them sick, so we're behaving as if things are still in lockdown. I'm not really a shopper and I think it'd be pretty surreal to eat out in a restaurant right now so I'm willing to wait until things open up further!

I understand that the economy cannot be at a standstill forever and that there are some severe mental health implications that come with lockdown, but I personally feel that remembering the reason why we went into lockdown into the first place is imperative. We need to be careful so we don't end up in lockdown again!

My state never closed because we're stupid LOL

I don't really agree with this because basically my entire state just acts like it's a hoax and didn't do anything to prevent spread, and the businesses that did try to keep their employees safe were shunned like they were evil or smth

so I just go out in public as little as possible : /

Back