• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Is your state opening up? Do you agree with it?

My country has opened up most things for a while now, the only big measure still in place is keeping distance from each other. Masks are never compulsory and I see almost no one using them, they are really only used when the keeping distance thing isn't possible. There aren't many new cases apparently.

I feel like it's way too loose, even though most people in this country seem to actually think it's too strict. While testing is supposed to be easy and free, I don't feel like many people get themselves tested and that there are just a lot of ""healthy"" silent carriers of the virus. I'm very afraid of a second wave, especially in September when holidays for many people are over and people have to travel to work and school by public transport again. I also really wish masks were more common place. I have to go back to school and work in September too. I want to wear a mask then but will probably be the only one, and I don't know if I can handle that if I'm honest with myself, because people tend to be pretty judgy.

Last edited:
Things are opening up more and more in my state, and I'm honestly kinda...glad? I know I should be more worried, but being stuck inside has been hard on my mental health. Playing animal crossings can only do so much when I'm alone all the time.
As for safety out in the community, I'm pretty lucky. In my area, most people still wear masks outside/in stores and we keep a good distance from each other. Businesses are at a partial capacity so you can finally go out to do things again (like eat at restaurants) without worry of bumping shoulders with people. Things are sanitized way more than they ever were before, so it all feels fairly clean and safe considering the circumstances.
I make sure to sanitize my hands, phone, car wheel and what not every time I'm about to go out or I'm coming back. And honestly, it's probably the best habit I'm getting out of this

Yes, but I live in Massachusetts and we haven't had many new cases come up but I haven't really kept up with it. I think maybe it's a little too early to reopen especially since larger populated places like Texas are seeing increases in cases because they opened too early.

My state has been progressing decently and I think we are in the final phase. Nobody has been gathering in ridiculous numbers (that I'm aware of) and our cases have dropped significantly. The only thing I'm annoyed about is my sisters school - she enters middle school this year and their plan for the year is absolutely ridiculous. One half of students will come in and learn in person, while the other group has OPTIONAL at home work. This will be in patterns. My sister has become increasingly lazy and very *****y so I'm already bracing myself for how much more ruder she will become. My school is the only one on top of everything ://

Haha, if only. My state maybe going into another stage 3 lockdown cause of sudden covid spikes; nearly half of Melbourne is shut down. Now we're the state with the second highest cases. Just google something like 'coronavirus victoria australia' we're getting more diagnosis's' than NSW 😬

My country is opening up again (the UK). The whole situation has been handled beyond terribly at every turn by our braindead government anyway, but I agree some things do need opening back up...Just not necessarily what is or how it is being opened back up (pubs for example should be closed, stores enforcing click and collect). They're making a mess of what to reopen too, though they're clearly prioritising money with how they're doing that.

We cant stay in lockdown forever and the longer we are then the less jobs are going to be there for us to go back to. Despite the media insisting there is no issue, I've already seen my girlfriend and housemate become redundant from this putting all three of us in a bad position for the foreseeable future (as now I'm supporting 3 adults on 1 paycheck)...Not to count quite a few other people I know personally with no job to go back to. So long as I'm following guidelines and putting myself and others at less risk, I think I would rather take a chance with the virus than with longterm financial poverty which can be just as bad if not worse.

Yes, but I live in Massachusetts and we haven't had many new cases come up but I haven't really kept up with it. I think maybe it's a little too early to reopen especially since larger populated places like Texas are seeing increases in cases because they opened too early.

It really depends on which part of the state you're in. I'm on the Cape, and the number of people who have flooded the area, many from other states, is as busy, if not moreso, than previous years. I'm starting to hear about cases again, and in a few more weeks, that number will likely go up.

Hope you're staying safe!

So, my state has decided to fully open schools for the next school year. This is a COMPLETELY stupid decision as my state has literally been called 'The Next New-York'. Yeah, it's gettin pretty bad here.

I don't even go to school but this is such a stupid decision, people already don't wear masks, and schools are filthy. They're already under funded with proper necessities like SOAP. You can't socially distance thousands of kids, who go home and bring the virus to their parents, grandparents, along with all the teachers, security guards, bus drivers, special needs people who have to deal with that.

Yeah, my states opening up (I live in Texas)

I dont agree at all because now that its been open, coronavirus cases are waay higher per day that when this whole thing started in the first place and the whole country shut down. Its like no one cares at this point anymore that the numbers are soaring, and now I actually know people who have the virus and friends' family members who are dying from it and its just horrible

Welp, my state reduced lockdown rules and stupid people got it rising up to 75~120 cases a day so... Whole country is laughing us now.

It really depends on which part of the state you're in. I'm on the Cape, and the number of people who have flooded the area, many from other states, is as busy, if not moreso, than previous years. I'm starting to hear about cases again, and in a few more weeks, that number will likely go up.

Hope you're staying safe!
I can imagine that. People are eager to travel again and I have a feeling the second wave of this is going to be nasty. :/

New cases are slowly going back up in my area again because people are refusing to social distance or wear masks. I have no idea how we are going to handle it when schools open back up.

Back