• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Introducing TBT's Dark Theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
April 2nd update: This was our April Fools' Day prank! Read the conclusion in the next bulletin board thread.

Introducing the TBT Dark Theme

Good afternoon everyone. Today we are excited to announce a brand new feature on The Bell Tree! This has been one the oldest and most anticipated requests on TBT. You have been heard and the wait is finally over! Introducing the new TBT Dark Theme!

2021 dark theme.png

To switch over to this beautiful new dark theme, simply scroll to the bottom of the page and click the style selector at the bottom left. From here you'll see "TBT Dark Theme" as an option to select.

2021 dark theme style selector.png

Feel free to turn off the lights in your room, relax your pupils, and play your favorite ambient music as this new dark theme soothes your senses. You'll need all the relaxation you can get before our upcoming Easter egg hunt this weekend.

Spread the Darkness

Now we know so many of you love dark themes, but maybe not enough of you. Let's help show our fellow TBTers what dark themes are all about! Introducing our brand new currency: Dark Dust. Dark Dust can be used to make the default theme darker for those who can't be bothered or are too afraid to click the style selector. However, we'll ease them in by only darkening the background. Sound like a plan?

Simply click this redemption link to receive 25 dark dust. You'll immediately notice how dark the forum gets. Send some to other users to make it dark for them instead. Otherwise, feel free to collect as much as you can for that extra dark experience!

Happy darkness!

Yes finally!!! My eyes thank me. Thanks for such a lovely new theme staff. I’ll be using this from now on for sure.

I LOVE IT! ive been waiting for this feature for a long time already :")

this is absolutely gorgeous, thank you jeremy and all staff! 😊

edit: im so dumb lav just told me this is a joke, i can never tell with you guys 😭

Last edited:
IM SCARED IS THIS A JOKE
Post automatically merged:

IM NOT EVEN KIDDING dont play with me
Nah Jacob, Jeremy would never! I’m gonna send you my dark dust since I know how much you love dark themes xx

Thank you! I know it has been a popular request whenever The Woods show up, so I'm glad to see it finally implemented. Using it now, it looks great!

someone should send me their spare dark dust i need this theme to be as dark as possible:)

OMG THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! 😭 😭 💕

edit: well..... now I'm blind, ty staff

this was a nice prank but tbh I'm genuinely frustrated now that TBT doesn't have a true dark theme. would be nice so I could finally stop using dark reader and making the forum a poop brown color :rolleyes:

so in that sense, I get the joke but I don't really appreciate it. sorry staff.

Last edited:
edit: I'm dumb, I get the joke now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back