• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia Imprison the criminals mafia[ mafia wins]

For those who missed it, I campaigned hard for Liam to be given another chance in the discord chat, and he throws it away. How immature.

I don't think we should lynch him unless we have no better options, it just screams anti town to me yes, but I don't think if he was mafia he would act so dumb. But he is a young boy, so I don't know what I expected.

##Unvote: Kallie
##Vote: No Lynch

okayyyyyy this is sending off red flags lkie crazy. @Tom you should know that no lynch is in no way beneficial for town, so care to explain your thoughts on why you decided to go with this as your vote?

okayyyyyy this is sending off red flags lkie crazy. @Tom you should know that no lynch is in no way beneficial for town, so care to explain your thoughts on why you decided to go with this as your vote?

I am agreeing that Tom has been acting weird... usually he is offering good insight and wisdom, but he seems more lax, like he's ok with just letting things happen this time rather than having some control or input in the game. I thought that early on, and then I thought you were coming around, but this also makes me uneasy too and bringing up my suspicions

- - - Post Merge - - -

I always look up to Tom in the games as organized and a go-getter even early on, but this time he just seems so blas? about the whole thing.... too casual

For those who missed it, I campaigned hard for Liam to be given another chance in the discord chat, and he throws it away. How immature.

I don't think we should lynch him unless we have no better options, it just screams anti town to me yes, but I don't think if he was mafia he would act so dumb. But he is a young boy, so I don't know what I expected.

Not really just you're all not willing to listen to me, and I am capable of being in a chatroom without going in the "corner of shame". You're all just willing to rush as soon as someone says something, I didn't get one warning before I was banned so I don't know why you all are saying this. I thank you for trying for me, but I'm just annoyed. I wasn't "given another chance". I was just put along the sidelines because I went over the top like once. If you knew the facts at least, I was saying that to anyone who made me a townie, and last night I didn't see how it came off like that. Once again, I thank you for trying but there's no point trying when these other people aren't willing to listen to me and start calling me names and things. Everyone going off at me because I said one thing in a joking manner (yes it was meant to be in a joking manner), but toad can call me a prick and that and not get in trouble? Ok fine.
I asked kirby to let me be replaced so this is my last post.

Not really just you're all not willing to listen to me, and I am capable of being in a chatroom without going in the "corner of shame". You're all just willing to rush as soon as someone says something, I didn't get one warning before I was banned so I don't know why you all are saying this. I thank you for trying for me, but I'm just annoyed. I wasn't "given another chance". I was just put along the sidelines because I went over the top like once. If you knew the facts at least, I was saying that to anyone who made me a townie, and last night I didn't see how it came off like that. Once again, I thank you for trying but there's no point trying when these other people aren't willing to listen to me and start calling me names and things. Everyone going off at me because I said one thing in a joking manner (yes it was meant to be in a joking manner), but toad can call me a prick and that and not get in trouble? Ok fine.
I asked kirby to let me be replaced so this is my last post.

I'm not gonna get into this with you, so I'm writing only one post addressing this and thats it

But you did the same thing to us and you aren't taking responsibility for your actions. If you say something (even in a joking manner) and it doesn't come across as such and hurts someone's feelings thats not your opinion, that person is hurt and an apology is necessary. You meme around, clog things up, and act immature, but once you are the "victim" you expect everyone to flock to your side? thats not how things work and when we actually did give you another chance (numerous actually) you used it as a scene to rub it in our face, be rude to us again, and literally give us the finger. You want sympathy and respect, but you need to show people that first to get it and I for one am not going to stand for that kind of arrogance especially when I too stood up for you at one point despite how you were acting.

I voted no Lynch because quite honestly this is the worst day one in mafia history. At best we're all nitpicking the little things posted, nobody actually stands out as suspicious because nobody has really done anything. Chrystina and Endless are probably my most pro town reads and that's because they've tried jump starting a dead thread.

I voted no Lynch because quite honestly this is the worst day one in mafia history. At best we're all nitpicking the little things posted, nobody actually stands out as suspicious because nobody has really done anything. Chrystina and Endless are probably my most pro town reads and that's because they've tried jump starting a dead thread.

theres been worse days, did you forget every other day one being "lets lynch the inactive/noob"

T B H I read through and don't really see Daniel as scummy but maybe I'm just stupid?? Uhh yeah I thought I'd drop by and post this bc I'm not gonna vote Dan.

*Jacob on discord

1. What's your Timezone? EST

2. How active do you think you will be? Generally ~5-10 posts every day cycle, quiet at night until later, probably not super active in discord.

3. What's your preferred alignment? I prefer mafia (unless I am assassin, love that role)

4. What's your playstyle like? It's been about 2 1/2 months since we've had a real game that I participated in, so my style probably will be different from before. I was experimenting with different ways of answering questions (I.e. "Void of emotion" which initially ended in me being mislynched - my bad). I will probably just not try to have a style and whatever happens happens.

--

Reading back, only 3 things to note:

- Last game when I was observing, when Panda was accused of being scum she was very defensive very quickly. Turned out she was not mafia. Hayden "scum read" (even if fairly unbalanced suspicions) Panda however I don't recall seeing her react to that what-so-ever. Interesting to note
I get that last game was hard but with the little info we have right now I will take what I can get (Please check in panda)
* After writing this post, Panda came in to the Server, apparently she's been AFK so I null my points about her for now.

- Crys got mad when Endless critiqued her "Goodnight" post early on. Normally she takes pressure with a /shrug attitude as town, doesn't care. Out of character for Crys

- Tom with the No lynch obviously. Even if he says he has justification for it, No Lynch day one is always a red flag to me.

--

Depending on what happens from here, I wanna vote Panda.(*NULLED see above*) Tom mentioned how today was very slow, I agree + I don't have enough evidence I suppose to vote someone with confidence.

PS.

Abe (Endless) - Today at 6:30 PM
Lynching me would be bad, but nothing is as bad as no lynch

Let's not let stuff like this intimidate us (yes i'm referring to when Xine did this to us every game)

@jacob the difference between me and Xine is that I can back up any heavily asserted opinion with an extremely thorough explanation, and statically support the things I suggest as both town and mafia. I don't need to intimidate town into playing suboptimally to win as mafia.

I'm working on a case post. Tom, this games anything but dead. There are so, so many things you could be reading into. This is a pm game. Utilise it. I've had numerous private chats with people.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: Xine's strategy also only works if there isn't a strong player to call you out. Last time I played with them I nulled every point they made and caught them out.

I'm working on a case post. Tom, this games anything but dead. There are so, so many things you could be reading into. This is a pm game. Utilise it. I've had numerous private chats with people.

but that requires work! tommys too busy for that!

So I found something about Daniel off, which I initially dismissed, as I have a record of horribly misreading him. But the nagging sensation kept up, so I went and read over his past games.
Turns out he has a pretty damn linear playstyle. As town, he's aggressive and in your face, as mafia he's a lot more passive.

I confronted him about this on Discord, and he claimed that because nothing had happened in thread, he hadn't had anything to go off.
I don't find this a legitimate excuse, for roughly 3 reasons. First of all, I'm playing in an aggressive manner, proving he could if he wanted. Second of all, aggressiveness is not dictated by content level - if anything, being aggressive is more useful for town when content level is low. And finally, even if it was dependent on content, I adamantly refute the claims that there isn't much content. I have 7 reasonably strong reads. That's a lot. Anyone who says there isn't just isn't looking for it. (Or not on Discord, but I think everyone is.)

A criticism for this argument is that this is a pm game, so of course he isn't as actively aggressive.
I refute this point by pointing to his behaviour on Discord. The most aggressive he got was when I accused him of being mafia. His playstyle is still passive, it's just not all in thread.

Sources:
Trump mafia
Korean war mafia
Attack on Titan mafia

The fact you're having to dig back into previous games kinda shows otherwise

There would be no point digging back into other games if there wasn't enough of his content to compare it to.

The case on me is a little hard to fight honestly. True I have been rather passive, but I argue your point in that the ability to be aggressive=Content avaible. How can I be "in someone's face" when there's not much to confront them for? I admit to my passiveness but I'm not always aggressive in my town games either. For example in AoT Mafia, I was rather quiet D1(which was pointed by some in my lynch case I believe), but after getting a better grip on my suspicions, I got aggressive towards Ayaya. In other words, I'm usually aggressive when I have strong suspicions, which I don't have yet this game.

In short, I do admit to passiveness but I hardly believe it makes me scum or fits into my scum meta.

The case on me is a little hard to fight honestly. True I have been rather passive, but I argue your point in that the ability to be aggressive=Content avaible. How can I be "in someone's face" when there's not much to confront them for?
refer to points 2 and 3. It's fair to disagree with one point. That's why there's more than 1 point.
I admit to my passiveness but I'm not always aggressive in my town games either. For example in AoT Mafia, I was rather quiet D1(which was pointed by some in my lynch case I believe), but after getting a better grip on my suspicions, I got aggressive towards Ayaya. In other words, I'm usually aggressive when I have strong suspicions, which I don't have yet this game.
Why would you say that dingbat
Not entirely sure on your definition of passive, but this isn't covered in mine.
Moreover, you weren't even slightly silent day 1, you posted more than 10 posts? You are aware I linked that game in my post as a resource, yes?
As for the person's case on you, I didn't see it but if they did say that, they were wrong.

In short, I do admit to passiveness but I hardly believe it makes me scum or fits into my scum meta.
Going to leave this here as an admission of passiveness, the least provable and most subjective portion of my post.

There's nothing wrong with using previous games as a reference for one's behavior in a current game. This defeatist attitude is frankly pissing me off, it's not fun to play with and you're just sitting here whining.

Back