• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia Imprison the criminals mafia[ mafia wins]

Counter point: Scum team wants all their scum mates to be able to join in the conversation to manipulate town easier

why make a fuss about it when i could just paste everything in scum chat if i was mafia?

- - - Post Merge - - -

also pm games are biased towards town, and its easier to get info out of him that way if hes maf :)

why make a fuss about it when i could just paste everything in scum chat if i was mafia?

Brownie points to come off as town? And sure you could paste it in scum chat, but at the same time with more people there it's easier to distract

Brownie points to come off as town? And sure you could paste it in scum chat, but at the same time with more people there it's easier to distract

PM games are way easier for town. How is it a distraction exactly to have him? If he's town he will talk more in the chat, giving us more to read off of him, and then we can deduce whether or not he's town or mafia. But having him isolated does nothing. And don't tell me you think talking in a general chat that includes everyone in the game is the same as PMing him. It's not.

I'm just reading through Discord again, everything seems to happen there when I'm asleep. I know these questions weren't directed to me but I thought I'd answer them anyway, as I don't have too much else to post at this point. I do find Heyden's lack of posting a little weird, he answered the RQS, said his predictions, and hasn't been back to answer any of the questions relating to that. He was in Discord very briefly and started it off by saying he doesn't like how Toad is townreading Chrys and Liam. I just thought it was weird, why not post in the thread? Also Cory hasn't posted at all.

What's your opinion on crys' first post? - No opinion, I mean, I don't think anything of it, I don't see it as a scum tell or anything, it's a pretty normal thing i've seen posted a few times, she explained why she posted it too, so personally I don't see any reason to read into it further.

What do you think of Chrys' push on those that answered the RQS in a manner she interpreted as implying themselves as town? - I don't know, honestly I think it was weird. Liam and I are a little less experienced in comparison to others in this game, not so much toad as he's played more but I don't know if it was an attempt to 'pick on' the easier targets or she was just reading into things too far, and I think it's more likely to be the latter.

What do you think of my push on crys? - I don't really see where you're coming from in relation to that.

What do you think of Daniel's content so far? - I think everything he's posted is pretty reasonable and nothing stands out to me so far.

I'm just reading through Discord again, everything seems to happen there when I'm asleep. I know these questions weren't directed to me but I thought I'd answer them anyway, as I don't have too much else to post at this point. I do find Heyden's lack of posting a little weird, he answered the RQS, said his predictions, and hasn't been back to answer any of the questions relating to that. He was in Discord very briefly and started it off by saying he doesn't like how Toad is townreading Chrys and Liam. I just thought it was weird, why not post in the thread? Also Cory hasn't posted at all.

I usually do stupid things at the start of the game either to spark conversation and w/e, only to be aware that most of what's going on is on Discord (haven't been on lately since the 'drama'). My predictions were merely based off first impressions, as Toad's RQS seemed floppy, Panda's lurking struck me weird as she's usually active and as for Mog/Fleshy, idrk what occurred to me, mainly just the thought of a balanced scum team. I called out Toad's -very visible pocket/off townreads- of Chrys and Liam is just something I felt like I needed to point out, but the more I think of it he seems as panicked as he was in his first game.

anyway day ends in less than 17 hours and honestly at this point, I don't really have any idea of an optimal candidate

Nothing much, just started and I've been busy.

It's really hard to determine what crys is doing each game so I can't really tell anything
I think it was a bit OTT
I didn't see it lol
No thoughts

do you even read the thread? how could you not see it?

while there could be something to what endless has said i'm also inclined to think it was an innocent good night post!! i find it odd that endless was just about to vote her based on that one post. i know it's day one and we don't have a lot to go off of but it seems pretty desperate to me.

I also find it a little odd how Chrys only mentioned Me, Liam and Toads answer to that one question but not Mog's (when she was mentioned by Heyden too) and honesty Mog's answer seems more like an attempt to be seen as town than the others,

3. What's your preferred alignment? mafia right now unless this game goes better for me than the last one i played as town

- - - Post Merge - - -

My answer (and the others Chrys picked up on) was more like just saying I have more experience as town, whereas Mog's answer was more than just implying she's town this game. I'm not saying it means anything, I'm just wondering why Chrys didn't mention that when she mentioned the others.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Me, Panda and Toads answer* Not Liam, my mistake.

@ fleshy - I answered that already.

- - - Post Merge - - -

but I do like your point on Cory not posting once. that's just not like him at all.

Cory where u at?

@ fleshy - I answered that already.

- - - Post Merge - - -

but I do like your point on Cory not posting once. that's just not like him at all.

Cory where u at?

Cross country has just started and I have been very tired. I'm sorry.

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. What's your Timezone? BST/GMT
2. How active do you think you will be? I have no idea
3. What's your preferred alignment? Mafia
4. What's your playstyle like? I'd like to say good

1. What's your Timezone? GMT/BST (UK)
2. How active do you think you will be? Probably pretty active, but likely at the times others aren't
3. What's your preferred alignment? I've only played as town, so I'll say town
4. What's your playstyle like? I'm unsure as I haven't played many games but I think it's pretty average?

My discord is Fleshy#9020!

Interesting how these two interpreted the question differently

1. What's your Timezone? BST/GMT
2. How active do you think you will be? I have no idea
3. What's your preferred alignment? Mafia
4. What's your playstyle like? I'd like to say good

oops, I did read over everything that was posted so I'm not sure how I missed that, but your explanation does make sense.

which question?

Oh, my bad. Question 4

Oh, my bad. Question 4

Oh, I'm guessing since Liam said he was a good player, rather than what his playstyle is like? I didn't mean that I'm an average player (in terms of skill) I meant that my playstyle is pretty average/normal, nothing different or anything, but yeah, it's still interesting.

I was expected more from the game so far, but there's really not a lot for me to read here. Like half of the players don't really seem to be putting a whole lot of effort in scumhunting, but i do hope that changes soon.

While it's not a strong scumread, I find Tom's behavior to be quite odd to me. He hasn't really shared much of his thoughts(correct me if I'm wrong if he has on discord) nor has he seemed to be helping town at all. In most games where he's town, he's an active pro town player, but he he's not. Overall it's a gut feeling something's up.

I'm hoping I can get stronger scum read on either Tom or someone else. But until that time I'm casting my vote on him.

Alriiiight, day is ending soon and there really doesn't seem to be much going on. So here's what I've got.
Said in discord about Cory:

[2:30 PM] Chrystina: even though @Cory you have a legit excuse, theres just something rly off about your playstyle 🤔
[2:30 PM] Crys: Hi
[2:30 PM] Cory: something off about my 4 posts?
[2:30 PM] Chrystina: like theyre too thought out
[2:30 PM] Cory: no
[2:30 PM] Cory: i forgot to write what question number i was referring to
[2:31 PM] Cory: does that seem thought out?
[2:31 PM] Chrystina: no but your defensiveness is odd too
[2:31 PM] Chrystina: im not just looking at you though. ive got more, will address in the thread soonish
It's really not much but I figured I'd post it here for anyone who isn't on atm.

Anddd my stronger scum lean, toadsworthy:

1. What's your Timezone? EST (Indiana)
2. How active do you think you will be? As active as I can be! starting school tomorrow!
3. What's your preferred alignment? I've never been mafia, so I guess town
4. What's your playstyle like? No one really listens to me or cares what I say sooooo, idk passive?

sup everyone!

- - - Post Merge - - -

My name in Discord is just Toadsworthy!
I already pointed out question 3, which I'll address after this, but what I also find weird about this is his answer to #4. It's been obvious that toads feels this way in past games, but to come out and predict that nobody will listen, and to already tell everyone he's going to be passive... that just screams of scum.

I hate that question because I always answer it honestly, but people want to nitpick the hell out of it... and its true, in these main games I've literally never been mafia, so of course I'm gonna say town just like that. I answer it the same way every time because its a fact
@toadsworthy: This I just find pretty funny, so what's gonna happen when you are scum? Get overly defensive like you seem to be now?
yeah I just really hate that question because I think people will easily jump to conclusions about others about it... everyone really thinks about what they would put for that question and no matter what I put it always seems to come back on me. Whether I answered it truthfully, passively, or whatever people will reason anything should they feel so inclined. People will say oh they answered it too passively they're hiding something.... or they answered it funny they're trying to cover up something.... so I don't look to far into it because anyone could have certain reasons for posting what they do on it
IMO, I find the RQS to be the best way to start any game. It gets things started, and basically what toadsworthy is saying here, is that he hates the fact people are questioning others answers, aka scum hunting? What's a game without that? A bunch of mafia and no town, really.

I was expected more from the game so far, but there's really not a lot for me to read here. Like half of the players don't really seem to be putting a whole lot of effort in scumhunting, but i do hope that changes soon.

While it's not a strong scumread, I find Tom's behavior to be quite odd to me. He hasn't really shared much of his thoughts(correct me if I'm wrong if he has on discord) nor has he seemed to be helping town at all. In most games where he's town, he's an active pro town player, but he he's not. Overall it's a gut feeling something's up.

I'm hoping I can get stronger scum read on either Tom or someone else. But until that time I'm casting my vote on him.

What's there to even say? Thread's dead, Discord was pretty much dead aside from "Why isn't Liam here". Everyone is mostly too quiet to get a read on. Let's be honest, it's going to be like last game where it's only active in the last half hour.

So... heyden sent me a snapchat with the caption "not sure if youve checked ur pms but were scum 2gether can u get on" I said no and talk to me on discord and this is the chat

champ2947 - Today at 2:31 PM
you know... you being scum and all
Hayden - Today at 2:31 PM
o lol
i was trying to reaction test bc i thought u weren't active for the past days oops
champ2947 - Today at 2:32 PM
really?
Hayden - Today at 2:32 PM
yes
im not that low
champ2947 - Today at 2:32 PM
thats a strange reaction test
Hayden - Today at 2:33 PM
y
champ2947 - Today at 2:33 PM
because why would you make yourself seem like outed scum
Hayden - Today at 2:33 PM
y would i not read my scum team list
champ2947 - Today at 2:35 PM
there are other ways of reaction testing
Hayden - Today at 2:35 PM
but i chose this one xoox
champ2947 - Today at 2:36 PM
who else did reaction test?
Hayden - Today at 2:36 PM
no1
champ2947 - Today at 2:36 PM
why would you only reaction test me
Hayden - Today at 2:36 PM
bc youve been inactive the whole game until recent
champ2947 - Today at 2:37 PM
why after i said i wasnt scum you were like "oh hjdjvhkae"
Hayden - Today at 2:37 PM
bc it failed??
champ2947 - Today at 2:37 PM
did you expect me to say yes?
Hayden - Today at 2:38 PM
i expected u to be like oh ok!!1
and then w/e
champ2947 - Today at 2:38 PM
why would you think i would do that
Hayden - Today at 2:38 PM
bc idk
champ2947 - Today at 2:39 PM
hmmm

idk if he is scum or just stupid. But I'm putting this out there

hayden wouldnt be that dumb if he were scum LOL so im gonna go with the latter but uhh yeah thats odd as ****

What's there to even say? Thread's dead, Discord was pretty much dead aside from "Why isn't Liam here". Everyone is mostly too quiet to get a read on. Let's be honest, it's going to be like last game where it's only active in the last half hour.

Any thoughts on the game so far? Other than its silence?

I think it's a dumb reaction test, he was banking on hoping that you were too busy to notice your role and would perhaps slip up.

Alriiiight, day is ending soon and there really doesn't seem to be much going on. So here's what I've got.
Said in discord about Cory:

It's really not much but I figured I'd post it here for anyone who isn't on atm.

Anddd my stronger scum lean, toadsworthy:

I already pointed out question 3, which I'll address after this, but what I also find weird about this is his answer to #4. It's been obvious that toads feels this way in past games, but to come out and predict that nobody will listen, and to already tell everyone he's going to be passive... that just screams of scum.

@toadsworthy: This I just find pretty funny, so what's gonna happen when you are scum? Get overly defensive like you seem to be now?

IMO, I find the RQS to be the best way to start any game. It gets things started, and basically what toadsworthy is saying here, is that he hates the fact people are questioning others answers, aka scum hunting? What's a game without that? A bunch of mafia and no town, really.

Like I literally just answered that honestly...
Fact: I have never been mafia: what will I do when I become a mafia? idk we will find out if it ever happens
Fact: People tend to disregard, write off, or miss my posts for some reason... idk why but it happens. Example, last game I stood up for you and then died N1. But literally everyone thought you were still scum, but like why would you do that if you were highly sussed and I was the only one sticking up for you? No one addressed that, no one really looked at my posts, so yeah...

If you must know my train of thought, I am picking out town reads right now and my suspicions keep changing so I don't want to put them up and then change my mind and be accused of a flip flopper

I do have Town Reads on Chrys and Liam
that Cory/Heyden thing above is really weird... don't know how I feel about it. But yeah, I think Heyden is too smart to make a huge mistake like that

- - - Post Merge - - -

so after something like last game and you can see why I would be deterred from sharing things (if its not gonna matter anyway) and be more cynical and brutally honest with those answers with something like the RQS... especially when first hand I don't even like to read into them too thoroughly anyway which I explained earlier

Back