[Important!] Dreamtown Stealing!!!

I don't steal people's layouts. I don't do anything to screw other people over. I have way too much love for this game to ever consider that. Do not lump me with people who do these acts. All I do is like, 2-3 things that would've made me bust my non-existant balls to do otherwise.
All I'm saying is that if you're going to hack yourself, it's kind of silly to claim moral high ground and condemn other hackers because they're hacking in a *~different way~*. Hacking the game is a slippery slope, and you're going to get people who do this type of stuff. The best thing to do since people stealing your dream town isn't something you can control if you post your DA everywhere, is let it go. It's a game. Nobody plagiarized your grad school papers. Let it go.

All I'm saying is that if you're going to hack yourself, it's kind of silly to claim moral high ground and condemn other hackers because they're hacking in a *~different way~*. Hacking the game is a slippery slope, and you're going to get people who do this type of stuff. The best thing to do since people stealing your dream town isn't something you can control if you post your DA everywhere, is let it go. It's a game. Nobody plagiarized your grad school papers. Let it go.

I never said I had a higher ground, I just think theyre scum for copying. lol. I know I don't have clean hands, I use Powersaves and *insert acnl hacktool name here* (incase this gets deleted for revealing more info about it) often. I acknowledge that I'm lazy as hell, trust me.

But the only reason I came here to tell this info is so that people are aware, if it happens it happens but I don't want people to be confused on why this town looks exactly like theirs exactly. I don't wanna start no riot or anything I just wanted to bring awareness and see how others thought about it. ^^;

people need to calm the heckled down. In the end this is a relaxing game. It's the people in community's that make this a drama filled hellhole. I mean seriously? If you care that much about your town than why don't you just not post it everywhere? "OMG they totally stole my town that I worked for" well sorry but have you got any evidence of them passing is as their own? Do they even post it everywhere? I mean if they keep the darn thing to themselves than just leave it.

It isn't theft. Theft is taking something. Did they take your town away from you? No, so stop whining about it. I promise you that you've taken other towns and done the same thing in a different location at least once. Even if it is a carbon copy, does it make your town a little less special? It shouldn't, bexuse you still put the work in and you don't have a stupid copy of it.

Honey. Read up intellectual theft. As soon as you're copying a dream town block for block onto your game card you are laying claim to that layout. That is stealing. Like I said a few posts back, people are entitled to be inspired by designs others have made, but your originality comes in selecting the aspects of the design that appeal to you and incorporating them into your own town.

If you have created something, you would want to share it, because that's the whole point of creating something you are proud of in the first place. The dream suite allows that. It's like going to your local library where you have access to lots of different types of materials. This should not be exploited.

It is not silly. Hacking a game and copying another town's layout are two separate issues at hand. Here, the hacking allows the copying process happen at a faster pace.

Last edited:
Why are people trying to justify this.
There's a difference between trying to copy/making it similar like placing the same pwps, paths and stuff from creating a save dump file of the town and loading it into your cartridge thus creating an entire carbon copy of the town.

If any of you found two towns that are exactly alike from paths, villagers, river, flower arrangements, houses from coincidental causes, feel free to link me then.

Last edited:
Honey. Read up intellectual theft. As soon as you're copying a dream town block for block onto your game card you are laying claim to that layout. That is stealing. Like I said a few posts back, people are entitled to be inspired by designs others have made, but your originality comes in selecting the aspects of the design that appeal to you and incorporating them into your own town.

If you have created something, you would want to share it, because that's the whole point of creating something you are proud of in the first place. The dream suite allows that. It's like going to your local library where you have access to lots of different types of materials. This should not be exploited.

did I ever say that it was a right thing? no. Also, your getting so hung up on the definition of theft. Basically, what your saying, is that if I got a vase from someone else's house and put it in the exact same place in mine, it's theft? No. If you take someone's entire house and copy their design, that's crazy wierd and creepy, but it's not stealing because they didn't technically take it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

did I ever say that it was a right thing? no. Also, your getting so hung up on the definition of theft. Basically, what your saying, is that if I got a vase from someone else's house and put it in the exact same place in mine, it's theft? No. If you take someone's entire house and copy their design, that's crazy wierd and creepy, but it's not stealing because they didn't technically take it.

Why are people trying to justify this.
There's a difference between trying to copy/making it similar like placing the same pwps, paths and stuff from creating a save dump of the file and loading it into your cartridge thus creating an entire carbon copy of the town.

If any of you found two towns that are exactly alike from paths, villagers, river, flower arrangements, houses from coincidental causes, feel free to link me then.
I haven't really seen anyone justify it. People are saying that in the grand scale of things that can be plagiarized, an Animal Crossing town falls very low. It's not a crime. An intellectual property lawyer would laugh you out of their office. It's an uncreative and ****ty thing to do, but that's about it. Hacking opens up a world of possibilities, and if you're going to be a part of the hacking community, please understand that people will take it farther than you have.

I mean at least it's not seeding anyone's town, amirite?

Lets just say that it hurts and disrespects others when they're towns worth has been lost as it has been spread and claimed as other, ya know...

I haven't really seen anyone justify it. People are saying that in the grand scale of things that can be plagiarized, an Animal Crossing town falls very low. It's not a crime. An intellectual property lawyer would laugh you out of their office. It's an uncreative and ****ty thing to do, but that's about it. Hacking opens up a world of possibilities, and if you're going to be a part of the hacking community, please understand that people will take it farther than you have.

Amen.

Saying it's okay to do such thing is in itself a justification. Yes on the grand scale, the original creators will not have the legal grounds since the designs are not legally protected; it does not make it a right thing to do. It's like taking a $5 bill from your parents without asking and stealing a Ferrari, just because the former does not have legal consequences does not make it an okay thing to do.

Last edited:
that's not cool at all... it's literally like theft

But it's not though. They copy your layout. They haven't stolen anything from you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Saying it's okay to do such thing is in itself a justification. Yes on the grand scale, the original creators will not have the legal grounds since the designs are not legally protected; it does not make it a right thing to do. It's like taking a $5 bill from your parents without asking and stealing a Ferrari, just because the former does not have legal consequences does not make it an okay thing to do.

omg where are you people coming up with these comparisons

no it's not necessarily the coolest thing to be doing but y'all are being so melodramatic about it, for real.

Hacking is already controversial, add this and it becomes even worse. I see the point in what the oppositions are saying, that it's nothing but harmless copying. Be it harmless, the person who owns the town doesn't have intellectual property over it unless they have it patented. There is no right or wrong, there is only technicality and moral conduct.

By technicality, they are free to do so. But by moral code, it's considered scum and disgraceful. Why? Duh. You're essentially taking credit for someone else's work if someone sees your town before. That right there is already just a horrible thing to do. There is nothing wrong with using hacks on your own game, but using hacks to take advantage of someone? That's foul play. This thread is about spreading awareness and hopefully getting people to play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

I justify the use of hacks only if it is within your game cart, your creativity, and your risk. Do not bring in other people's works because you "want their town". You learn from each other so you both can grow into having your own town which you can completely call your work, even with ideas from others, it would have been your idea to put two together.

Overall, do not copy-paste, pixel by pixel, another one's town. Even if it is "just a game", theres a community that comes along with it, one you must respect. I am not stopping you from sharing your opinions, but please have the curtesy to be open and sensitive to the feelings of others.

Last edited:
I don't know what the point of saying that if someone gets their dream town copied it's their fault for sharing it. Lots of people share their qr codes to help other people out and as far as I know, it's frowned upon to edit someone's qr codes and try to get credit for them. It's normal for people to want to share the work they've created using a means provided in the game. I don't care about having a dream town, but if it weren't fun for so many people, there would be no point in having a dream suite.

We can debate the slippery slope of hacking all day and it's going to be pointless because people can have different ideas about how people should play their own game. I personally don't use hacking but it's one thing to play your game in a way that's fun for you, whether that's through hacking or not, and another to ruin someone else's fun while doing it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lets just say that it hurts and disrespects others when they're towns worth has been lost as it has been spread and claimed as other, ya know...

I agree, regardless of whether it's legal or illegal or whatever, I think the main point is that it's disrespectful to other people.

As long as it doesn't affect my game, I dun really care.

Even if it doesn't affect your game, you should still care. What if you written a book, then someone copied your book, took the credit, and got famous for it? Wouldn't you be upset about it? This is what the dream town thing is like.

Even if it doesn't affect your game, you should still care. What if you written a book, then someone copied your book, took the credit, and got famous for it? Wouldn't you be upset about it? This is what the dream town thing is like.

But tbh you can't compare this to real life stuff. Plus, wouldn't a book be copyrighted/you would have SOME evidence it was yours.

Not a very good comparison, as writing is paid income and legal property of an author.... not the same as your animal crossing town whatsoever :confused:

not yet
but you cant press home button while wifi-ing so you cant even open the browser in someone else's town

=

i dont see how someone could copy a dream town
can you even bring up the home menu while in a dream town???

not yet
but you cant press home button while wifi-ing so you cant even open the browser in someone else's town

=

i dont see how someone could copy a dream town
can you even bring up the home menu while in a dream town???

Yep, apparently you can switch off the wifi while in a dream town. Also the copying works from RAM dump which it was mainly to dump YOUR town+Save but someone found out you can do it too on a dream. This thread shouldn't have been made and more people are most likely gonna do this now.

Last edited:
I read the full report. Part of what was written speaks to how knowledge can be dangerous.

Yep, apparently you can switch off the wifi while in a dream town.

ok well everyone knows that
but you can press home button and go to the browser? if so, thats how towns get copied

Yep, apparently you can switch off the wifi while in a dream town. Also the copying works from RAM dump which it was mainly to dump YOUR town+Save but someone found out you can do it too on a dream. This thread shouldn't have been made and more people are most likely gonna do this now.

ok yeah i know how to make the ram files and junk
people can only do it if their system is compatible tho and im sure most people here updated to 9.5.0-23 so

Last edited:
Back