• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I'm scared of duplicated items.

Eizoop

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
I have no idea what duplicating is, so naturally I'm skeptical and a little on-edge about it. If I buy an item from the Re-Tail board here and it is an item that was "duped," could it harm my game?

the only harmful thing in duplicated items is the process you do to duplicate them. Duplicated items behave just like normal items. The risk is in the process, not in the product.

Ok, thank you! I've been wary of buying stuff from members because of this!

So if we were to buy a 'duped' item, we wouldn't be able to tell if it was duped?
Like it wouldn't disappear from our inventory when we get it or something?

There is literally no way to tell the difference between a duped and a non-duped item.

My town is FILLED with duped flowers. Feel free to visit my dream, even the flowers that are duped are fine. I've duped almost all types of items from the game, no issues at all with the items.

There is no difference between duplicated items and regular items. I've heard stories where people have lost the items in the process of duplicating them, but never heard anything about an already duplicated item messing anyone's game.

So if we were to buy a 'duped' item, we wouldn't be able to tell if it was duped?
Like it wouldn't disappear from our inventory when we get it or something?

You won't be able to tell, but if you are worried the obvious way to tell if the item was duped or not is if you purchase from a person selling for example a seemingly infinite number of 7-11 sets. If you see those huge threads selling full sloppy, 7-11 sets ect to 50+ people it is obvious they are duping.

Duping sounds like alchemy to me.
You lose items. Law of Equivalent exchange.

You wanna dupe those gold roses? Gonna cost you an arm and a leg, bro.

- - - Post Merge - - -

maybe your brother too.

Last edited:
My town is FILLED with duped flowers. Feel free to visit my dream, even the flowers that are duped are fine.

That is not true. Duped flowers don't smell near as nice as original flowers.

This thread will be locked as soon as a mod sees it.
eek.gif

Last edited:
Back