• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

If you could only have/use one villager species the whole game, which one?

Squirrels, purely because I will always need Marshal in my town. If my fluffy baby didn't exist, I'd probably say deer because I don't dislike any of them. Sure, I like Diana and Fauna the best but none of the other deer are "ugly" in my book.

I'd say cats since there are so many different cat characters! The majority of my favorite villagers are cats too so they're my favorite species for sure.

Cubs! I don't have a strong dislike for any that I can think of, and a few of my dreamies are cubs so that would make obtaining them a lot easier! Deer or Cats would both be a close second! :p

deer, cats, or wolves. Maybe a little basic but deer are so cute I love Bruce and Deirdre, cats are my most favorite animals, and the wolves are very aesthetic

Edit: I forgot bunnies. them too. super cute

Last edited:
in glory it needs to be dogs because MAC is always there and tuesday would be bunnies if we HAD to bc carmen always needs to be there :)

Can't believe I'm the first person to post it, but RHINOS! They are so cute! Too bad there's only six of them right now. Otherwise, maybe rabbits or cats. I have so much nostalgia for cat villagers because of the gamecube game.

Definitely cats. I love cats and I think there are plenty of cats with good designs in the game. Also, I especially like Bob, so he's a must for any town of mine :p

Last edited:
Sheep have kinda been a signature of mine in the past so I would be tempted to maybe go for that one, but I'd be more likely to have a nice mix of the cuter species, or to have a mix between sheep and cats!

I'd probably use squirrels or dogs, since they've always been some of my favorite animals/there's a bunch of them that I like
( ? ▽ ` )ノ

Cats...I’m kind of obsessed with them. Also I really like the mouse and squirrel models so I might be interested in using them as well!

I would probably go for penguins. They happen to be some of my favorite villagers, and I can do a winter theme in my town.

Mhm... I don't know. My favorite villager is Eugene. So... I'm going to have to choose Koalas in order to have my favorite villager.

I didn't even realize how much I love the cats and bunnies! I can't choose between them because they're both so cute!! I also love the wolves, squirrels and sheep a lot too.

I'm basic so i want all cats
anteaters are my second favorite. I would be super happy with a town full of them!

Back