• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Idea for the next Animal Crossing game.

I have another stupid idea

a friendship meter in other words a meter that basically well tells you how close you are to a villager
that go from

Not so good/could be better/acquaintances/friends/Good friends/best friends

each level get's harder to achieve

once again..stupid idea but it would be nice to know which villager(s) you are the closes with instead of having to wait
for vtines day or your bday |:C

Last edited:
You know what I'd like? Being able to turn on/off whether or not villagers move in and out. I like games that I can walk away from for a few days, weeks, or even months when it gets stale and come back when I feel like it, without worrying if my favorite villager has left for the void. I feel like if I don't talk to every villager every day then I might lose one and when I feel forced to play a game every day it gets stale faster, it's a tedious cycle.

You know what else would be cool? Every so often a villager says my place is great and I should host a party, hosting parties would be a fun way to boost friendship with villagers you like.

Last edited:
Choice for who moves in.
Like Isabelle would show you a list of maybe 5 villagers (perhaps with different personalities?) and you could choose which of the 5 you'd let move in.

I'd like that.

how about a separate inventory for tools? tools take up like 1/2 the space unless you put them in letters.

I would love Bat villagers.
Or we could have a bat mail carrier for night orders instead of Pete.
It would also be nice if they upped the regularity or campers. Not a camper in months for me

I would love Bat villagers.
Or we could have a bat mail carrier for night orders instead of Pete.
It would also be nice if they upped the regularity or campers. Not a camper in months for me

that would be really cute omg.

and my friend mentioned a really cute idea: bigger maps(i was complaining about how 10 is not enough villagers) and then she said
what if everyone had scooters to get around easier
i figure it would be just like a normal tool where you/villagers can just pull it out whenever and use it
bonus if they even get little helmets and elbow pads

+1 long hair, plot placement.
would kind if like to choose in what order to upgrade my house. i was wanting to build a basement in one of my houses but i had to build a second story first.
also, pet snakes/turtles.

Give laptops more colours. I'd like a pink laptop, not just black or white.

Also, the one thing I've mentioned on these forums a few times before, actual bunny/cat ears that aren't hoods. Just headbands that you can wear.
there is one desk where the laptop has pink on it, it's like a pink cover, "home-computer rack"

Last edited:
I would like the next game to be a bit less geometric~ as in the town should have more geographic variety.

Also on the wii u, inventory on the gamepad would be the greatest thing ever and it would be a crime if it didn't happen

I think there needs to be a better way of placing PWPs and houses, like a grid system. Longer opening hours, more customisations, more hairstyles, (like longer hairstyles for girls) bringing back the villager's stronger personalities. I think there is a lot of small things that could be a lot better.

A BACKPACK - To carry stuff in OR a toolbox or similar to carry shoves/nets/etc

A way to trade with friends without having to travel to their town and spend an hour dropping bells. Like send a balloon gift to them as a surprise or send them items in letters. Or something else that would be good and even more efficient is expand the bank and a safety deposit box and whatever you put in the box the other person can take and you can transfer bells using the ABM.

Or better yet make an actual trading feature.

The ability to choose where to put your new villagers. No reason not to do this.

I always thought it would be cool if they added RPG elements. I know it wouldn't really make sense but I just like leveling up so maybe it could be small changes like when you catch bigger fish you get experience faster and then the amount of time a fish has to get away increases from like 0.5 seconds to 0.6 and then gradually to 1s.

More badges because I like badges.

It would be kinda cool if the weather had effects on your character so you would have to wear specific clothing during certain seasons. We already get tanned in the sun if we don't wear a hat so why not have it so you run slower when it's cold unless you wear a jacket? Not that much slower that it would break the game but just slightly so it's noticeable. When you have bad luck on a certain day you trip all the time so this would be no different.

- being able to send letters with gifts to your online friends :p

- being able to actually touch others like handshaking or giving them cuties hugs (oh sometimes I really want to hug them :D)

- being able to take villagers with you to the island or other people's towns

Last edited:
I agree with those who suggest we get to have more control where villagers put their plots when they start to move in.
It's very annoying when they plot right on your plants, right in front of your house or just in bad spots that get in the way.

We also really need more to do. When I get in the mood to play a game, I like to play for several hours a day. With AC I can play for 2 at max a day and I'm done. There is technically a lot to do, but it's all things that are quick.

I would also like the ability to re-name/nickname Villagers.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A BACKPACK - To carry stuff in OR a toolbox or similar to carry shoves/nets/etc

A way to trade with friends without having to travel to their town and spend an hour dropping bells. Like send a balloon gift to them as a surprise or send them items in letters. Or something else that would be good and even more efficient is expand the bank and a safety deposit box and whatever you put in the box the other person can take and you can transfer bells using the ABM.

Or better yet make an actual trading feature.

The ability to choose where to put your new villagers. No reason not to do this.

I always thought it would be cool if they added RPG elements. I know it wouldn't really make sense but I just like leveling up so maybe it could be small changes like when you catch bigger fish you get experience faster and then the amount of time a fish has to get away increases from like 0.5 seconds to 0.6 and then gradually to 1s.

More badges because I like badges.

It would be kinda cool if the weather had effects on your character so you would have to wear specific clothing during certain seasons. We already get tanned in the sun if we don't wear a hat so why not have it so you run slower when it's cold unless you wear a jacket? Not that much slower that it would break the game but just slightly so it's noticeable. When you have bad luck on a certain day you trip all the time so this would be no different.

I agree to all of this, honestly. Especially the trade feature, placing villagers, and the RPG part. I'm a huge RPG fan and I feel like leveling up in something could be rewarding. Even if it's just fishing. You could start with low level fish, and as you level up in fishing, you get larger fish that sell for more/are more rare to donate to the museum. Probably could do something similar with bug catching as well.

Last edited:
MORE STORAGE, Im always running out of space because I don't want to sale anything ......lol

Back